DSI Comedy Forums

Go Back   DSI Comedy Forums > The Bullpen > Play Forum

Old October 5, 2003, 08:30 PM
loves you.

Send a message via AIM to KatyJack Send a message via Skype™ to KatyJack

So, my name is Katy Jack. I'm seventeen, and I'm a senior at Leesville (in Raleigh). I work at Triangle Town Center in the Discovery Channel Store. Um...yeah. I don't know what else to say about myself. I'm Canadian, that's pretty cool. I'm boring. :?
Old October 5, 2003, 11:18 PM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Sconce

The Discovery Channel Store ROCKS. Jeff Corwin has a fine ass.

\"I think I\'m probably an atheist, but rather angry with God for not existing.\" -Terry Pratchett
Old October 8, 2003, 12:25 AM
going barefoot

Send a message via AIM to ilaughatme

My name is CeCe Garcia and I like this emoticon: :evil: It's a devil. In case you couldn't look at the emoticon yourself and see that, you dumbass.

Anyway, I'm a sophomore at UNC-CH. I am originally from Louisiana and have lived since the summer before my fifth grade year here in Chapel Hill, NC. Why did I stay for college? Biggest bang for my buck.

Improv... tried out for East Chapel Hill High School's improv team, Randomax. I know Jennings will LOVE that name. Did not get on. Tried out for CHiPs when I got to UNC. Did not get on. Some dude wrote me an email and told me about a fringe group on campus. Said dude is extremely annoying but I joined On The Spot (How do you like THAT name, Jennings?). We were under the tutelage of Ross White, who I have now adopted as my brother. He has likewise adopted me as his sister. Second semester, I made it into CHiPs' training program. At the end of Incubators, I got into CHiPs. So, I dumped On The Spot. I am presently in CHiPs, Throw Like A Girl, and Mister Diplomat. I also assistant coach the Incubators. Hurrah!

I am sorry for the ramble. Unlike Mike, I know nothing. And it is the wise who say they know nothing and the fools who say they know everything.
Old October 8, 2003, 09:43 PM
hackney

Send a message via AIM to will.

i am will hackney. grr.

i am in the Chapel Hill High School Improvisational Company (Chhsic) with pabloo.
Old October 9, 2003, 10:51 AM
DSI Friend

My name's Bill and about two months ago I moved to Chicago from Chapel Hill.

I fell in love with improv in North Carolina. In high school I started with CHHS Improv and CSz, at one college I helped start ASU's Noun, at the other I did CHiPs, I was part of a thoroughly decent two-man show called Choke Up, and even taught some DSI classes this past summer. Now I've moved to Chicago to work on my game and, so far, I'm loving it up here. I'm currently performing with Mission Improvable downtown, take classes at ImprovOlympic, am on a freshly minted Play Ground team and do various fuck-around projects with my fellow NC expatriates.

Improv and DSI has always given me a lot and I'm always looking to give back, so if there's anything I can ever do... just let me know.

HOLLER.
Old October 10, 2003, 03:25 PM
I drink your milkshake.

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew

I guess it's my turn to introduce myself to you folks with whom I haven't taken 101 - which I think at this point is pretty much limited to Zach. I love 101! I may take it again in a few weeks. It's kind of like repeating swimming lesson levels at the Red Cross to show off in front of the other kids - you may still suck, but you look like you *kind* of know what you're doing. So, here's a bio I wrote for my upcoming book "How I learned to kick a third grader's ass in kickball in less than three weeks" (Simon & Schuster).

Here goes:

Andrew spent his early years in the vast jungles of South America, where he lived among a troupe of Brazilian war monkeys. In his eighth year, the embarrassment of not having yet reached sexual maturity like most of his classmates and the realization that he would never have a prehensile tail (nor similar use of his feet) caused Andrew to leave his tropical paradise and seek the identity of his true parents. On his way North, he was swindled out of his life savings (a handful of nuts and a rotten banana) by an unethical “Coyote” in a Mexican border town who promised him safe passage across the Rio Grande. To make up for this devastating loss, Andrew found part-time work as a bat boy for the Guerreros de Oaxaca, the professional baseball team in that southern Mexican State where he met Jose “Pepe” Maldonado, a local drunk who convinced him that his true calling was to try his hand at improv comedy and not just sit on the sidelines picking his scabs. Thinking this was a swell idea, Andrew joined an improv team (Macho Sasquacho) in Acapulco, but mostly spent his time dancing for nickles and trying to avoid the tin cans hurled at him by his teammates. The next few years are a bit foggy, but he somehow ended up in a ditch along I-40 in North Carolina, where he still resides.

Nice to eat you all.
Old October 10, 2003, 04:25 PM
loves you.

Send a message via AIM to KatyJack Send a message via Skype™ to KatyJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
I guess it's my turn to introduce myself to you folks with whom I haven't taken 101 - which I think at this point is pretty much limited to Zach. I love 101! I may take it again in a few weeks. It's kind of like repeating swimming lesson levels at the Red Cross to show off in front of the other kids - you may still suck, but you look like you *kind* of know what you're doing.
you are such a cheater!
Old October 10, 2003, 04:50 PM
Folio Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyJack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
I guess it's my turn to introduce myself to you folks with whom I haven't taken 101 - which I think at this point is pretty much limited to Zach. I love 101! I may take it again in a few weeks. It's kind of like repeating swimming lesson levels at the Red Cross to show off in front of the other kids - you may still suck, but you look like you *kind* of know what you're doing.
you are such a cheater!
I don't know...if he's willing to pay 75 dollars over and over again for the same level, that doesn't sound like any kind of cheating I know.

--Kit

PS: Well, I guess it's sort of like if you kept buying term papers online and the professor kept catching you and failing you, but here...well, he's not buying something that's already been done, he's not doing anything illegal, and he's not actually flunking anything. So, I guess I stand by my first statement.

I was trying to mime it, but I forgot: you're not supposed to mime with objects." --Kelly Crisp
Old October 10, 2003, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Default Zach Ward :: HELLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit's Alter Ego
willing to pay 75 dollars over and over again for the same level -Kit
quick aside: DSI students are always able to repeat classes at 1/2 price, when space is available.

I have yet to introduce myself. My name is Zach Ward and I am the Executive Producer of DSI. Dirty South Improv was started February 2000 when organizing DSIF. We have grown steadily over the last few years, only beginning to offer classes in North Carolina during 2003. There have been an incredible number of students that have gone through the Training Center, a class program I believe to be the most personally invested and complete improv training in North Carolina. With the growing interest in improv, DSI opened INSIDE IMPROV to give students both an outlet to perform and an example of the skills they were learning. DSI has grown to involve over 150 performers per year at DSIF and has raised money for both the IFC and the Women's Center of Chapel Hill with 24LIVE, our 24-hour improv marathon.

I am from Chapel Hill, NC. I organized the improv club at Chapel Hill High School as it exists today and co-founded CHiPs at Carolina during the Spring of 1996. I started improvising professionally with ComedySportz in Chapel Hill in 1993. Before moving to Chicago, I was the Resident Troupe director and I taught public workshops for CSz-Chapel Hill. In Chicago I studied at both ImprovOlympic and The Annoyance. Chicago shows include Harold Teams (Business Casual/Local 914/AutoRock), Dual Exhaust (CageMatch/Del Close Marathon 2002/Toronto Jamboree 2002 & 2003/CIF 2002 & 2003), Armando Diaz Evente, The Neutrino Project, ComedySportz-Chicago, THE BEATBOX, various NC teams including The Hill, and more. I am an Associate Producer for the Chicago Improv Festival, the largest international improv festival in the world, and I am the Director of Education for ComedySportz-Chicago. I work six days and nights a week doing improv: rehearsals, shows, classes, and administration (grrrr, office work).

I love sweet tea. I love Armadillo Grill. I love my girlfriend Heather.
I love improv... and so, I love work.
Old October 14, 2003, 12:20 PM
a Chris

Chris Chambers

I'm 19... work at Triangle Webnet in Durham, and I'm pimped out by ross every month for rent money.. uh. I'm gonna start takin classes.. Tomorrow night actually I'm a drummer... and i <3 cars. I just moved up here last year from Charlotte... i really dont know anyone, hope this helps me meet some people