DSI Comedy Forums

Go Back   DSI Comedy Forums > The Bullpen > Play Forum

Old September 19, 2003, 11:03 PM
Easily Distracted

Send a message via AIM to Dana S

Hi I'm Dana Soady.

I have a little trouble with computers so hopefully you'll forgive me if I post blank posts or start threads when I mean to start a post etc.....

Anyway, I'm a student at East Chapel Hill High. I've been doing improv since I took our school improv class last year and I've been taking classes with DSI since the beginning of the summer. They've converted me to a hardcore improv addict!

That's about it for now, except heres an emoticon for Dave
Old September 22, 2003, 01:00 AM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to Pablo Send a message via MSN to Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to Pablo
Default Pablo Diablo

Hey guys! I'm Pablo Vega.

I started out doing Improv with the Chapel Hill High School Improv Company where we pretty much tried to mimic what others did and luckily got people who were brilliant so we appeared like we knew what we were doing. One day, Zach Ward came to one of our rehearsals and taught us... and from then on I knew there was way more to improv then "Styles Replay" and "Zip Zap Zop". So I read Truth In Comedy, went to the Del Close Improv Marathon in New York where I crazily stayed up the entire 54 hours, took a bunch of DSI classes and am now playing with Tony's Pony (the formerly "not named" team which now has a name), and the high school troupe. I love doing improv, even though it's very hard for me to do, but slowly I'm improving and I owe it all to people like Zach, Ross, Corey, and Scott who are just amazingly devoted to what they do, making their students anxious to do ANYTHING the possibly can to make them smile and laugh. Seriously, i'd give my left nut to hear them say "wow, what a great scene!" cause it comes rarely :lol: They are molding an army of Improv Supertroopers and DSI will soon be the best thing since beef jerky. Hope to see you around!
Old September 23, 2003, 12:29 PM
itsthemirrors

Send a message via AIM to ryloc Send a message via MSN to ryloc Send a message via Yahoo to ryloc
Default ryloc

hey, my name is ryan locante. i live in chicago, and do improv. i'm connected to dsi through ross. he came to utah when i was there and coached our group, kysoff.

http://www.ryloc.com

:wink:

EDIT: i now live in nc!
Old September 23, 2003, 01:41 PM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to CoreyBrown

"wow what a great scene"

Now gimme that ball.
Old September 23, 2003, 04:46 PM
From each according to...

Send a message via AIM to Ben Moser

I'm Ben. I've played with improv on an official level for nearly four years now. I started at ComedySportz/Worx. I split time there with the DSI team Tony's Pony.

I live in Raleigh. It's nice here.

In my spare time, I enjoy freelance taxidermy.
Old September 24, 2003, 11:14 PM
DSI Friend

Default Harrumph

I'm Pete O'Bryan, dammit.

I enjoy being me. Sometimes I'm so clever it makes my balls hurt. Sometimes I'm not quite that clever, which is just as well, for my balls' sake.

I am part of Tony's Pony, but I'm not saying which part.
Old October 2, 2003, 02:16 PM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Sconce
Default Konnichiwa

G'day, kots and koshkas. I'm Jeff, or Jeffrey, same either way. It's real horrorshow to viddy all the semi-orchestrated chaos that descends on the stages where ever DSI may end up, so I decided to enroll in intro courses here in the City of Chapels.
(I blame Thomas, Cece, Zack, Miles, Joe, and Tim specifically, with loads of help from Allan, Justin, Maddy, Billy, and David.)
I'm a biology student, because I wanna be a biologist. No pre-med for me! (No future for me period if I don't get my shit together.) I don't know what I'll do as a biologist...either do conservation work in South America (I've always wanted to see the Aribada) or engineer the first transgenic chimeric hominid product organism.
I consider myself a walking social cancer, mainly because I can't tell when my prescence is wanted or when it is irritating. If I'm not talking to you, it's probably because I'm worried about getting on your nerves.
I have the infuriating habit of developing emotional ties with people who can't possibly reciprocate.
I'm a vegetarian. I probably won't eat pizza with you, because you'll always want pepperoni, you inconsiderate bastard. The moral reasoning behind my decision to turn away from tasty meats is complicated and requires an intimate understanding of the fucked up machinations of my mind.
I have decided that nothing else about me is terribly interesting. In fact, I'm quite certain this post is annoying, so I will eventually delete most of it anyway. For more information about this and other Jeffri, please consult the local authorities.

\"I think I\'m probably an atheist, but rather angry with God for not existing.\" -Terry Pratchett
Old October 2, 2003, 02:58 PM
Folio Ninja

Default Re: Konnichiwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Scronce
I consider myself a walking social cancer, mainly because I can't tell when my prescence is wanted or when it is irritating.
I don't believe you to be a social cancer at all; in my world, cancer knows what it's doing and loves it.

You're more of a social toddler.

--Kit "SIDS" FitzSimons

PS: I, on the other hand... :?

I was trying to mime it, but I forgot: you're not supposed to mime with objects." --Kelly Crisp
Old October 2, 2003, 05:06 PM
Reeks of Vinegar & Water

Send a message via AIM to jesstah Send a message via MSN to jesstah Send a message via Yahoo to jesstah

I'm Jesse Parent. I have a thick neck and am from Utah, even though I was born and raised in Massachusetts. I usually go by "jesster" but when I tried to register with that name the board never sent me a confirmation so I lost it.

I have no free time and somehow manage to sneak off and perform, teach, and practice improv with about 4-5 groups out here. Shh... don't tell my wife.

I met Ross when Ryan and I formed UtahImprov and flew him out as a coach.

I have been confused for Corey Brown exactly once.

-Jesster

JoKyR & Jesster - Video!
Old October 2, 2003, 07:18 PM
DSI Friend

Default Introduction

My name is Tim CoyneSmith but I sometimes answer to Thor. It started many years ago when asked to give my name for restaurants, reservations, and other no essential reasons. Well, since my pre-married name was the rather popular, or at least fairly common Tim Smith (ask me about the name change when you have some time) I started giving the name Thor on such occasions. If they happen to ask for a last name I tell them it is godofthunder.

I live in Chapel Hill and I work for the man. I started my DSI improv training earlier this year and have worked my way through 101, 202, 303L, and 404. Will be starting up 303S with Professor Brown next week. I think the most important thing I have learned so far is that when you are having fun, it is funny when you are struggling, it is usually not funny. I find that the scenes that I do are either very funny or suck big time. I need to work more on having fun. (apologies to all of my scene mates when I made some un-fun choices) My favorite improv moment was with Pablo, whom I think the world of. Pablo you rock! A-ha, I found the game.