DSI Comedy Forums

Go Back   DSI Comedy Forums > The Bullpen > Play Forum

Old January 21, 2011, 01:40 AM
eats honey from the bear

A couple addenda/edits/colorful notes:

Four String Samurai formed in 2004. v1.0 was Chris Conklin, Erik Martin, Austin Nava, Paul Overton. In 2005 Erik left and Bret Runestad joined. Eric Hirsch began accompanying us in late 2006 (I think) and Ben Birken started playing sometime in 2007; neither was involved with our DSI run. We were named for Paul's ukulele and a movie only Erik had heard of.

Take The Box! existed from summer 2004 to summer 2005. Bens Moser and Birken left early in the run, as did Jon Miles. Later Scott Jennings and Eric Drowatzky left, around which time Jeff Scronce and Jason Quinn were added to the team. Eric might hold the distinction of being the only member of a DSI house team to inform his teammates of his departure via a note left at the customer service desk of a JC Penney. Bret Runestad as the coach at the end of the run. Theater-bestowed starter name was The House of Flying Zingers.

The Happiness did include Mark Kennedy, no maybes about it. Also Katie Haverly, Andrea Margolis, and Dan Siegel. Theater-bestowed starter name was Deskjet, and I think Zach was a little sad they changed it.

The 2005-2006 version of Mister Diplomat also included Lauren Frohne and Bret Runestad, and was coached by Ryan Locante.

I believe Will Guzzardi was a frequent guest of the later incarnation of Papa Fibonacci, not the earlier. I do not believe Mr. Hackney's and Mr. Reitz's tenures overlapped much, if at all.

Baby Liberty also included Mano Agapion. The team was named after my son, sort of, long before I was on the roster, so it's always had a special place in my heart.

Very Articulate Cavemen was coached by Zach Ward. Very Articulate Cavemen performed the form Articulate Cavemen, which we explained very articulately when introducing ourselves.

So this isn't only about teams I played on or coached, I'd like to add:

Night Attack (2004); Zack Bly, Kit FitzSimmons, Ethan Kaye, Dave Siegel. Improvised radio! Someone who isn't me can probably say more about this show; I think it largely pre-dates my arrival in NC, although I did see it at least once at Skylight Exchange.

The Paul Overton Medicine Show (2004): A talent/variety show hosted by Paul Overton that might've run only once. The acts I can remember are Diana Chang doing a comedic opera bit, Ryan Locante parallel parking a little red wagon between two chairs, and Erik Martin ingesting the entire contents of a fish bowl.

The Throw Like a Girl roster is all kind of messed up. There were no fellows at all of the male persuasion in there, as that was sort of the point. I believe Laine Hindley coached early on, and later Diana coached and occasionally sat in.

This is a really wonderful list, and reading it has made my night. Thank you for compiling and posting it.
Old January 22, 2011, 01:10 AM
eats honey from the bear

As I sit here drinking fine, cheap wine, & eating fine, cheap goldfish crackers, I've thought of a few more things I can add:

Finger Trick (Incubator III) (2004): Lisa Palmisano, Chris Conklin, Michael Gold, Ryan Locante, Michelle Stiebel, Bryan Cohen, Rremida Lynch, PT Scarborough, cb: Austin Nava. We were allowed to use the name "Finger Trick" so long as we did nothing to indicate that it might be intended dirtily; management was quite clear on this point.

Room 158 (2006): Amanda Dorich, Katy Jack, Ethan Kaye, Kate Melillo, Jason Quinn, and more I'm forgetting. An "official" house/Harold team, so it really does belong in the permanent record. They originally called themselves "Yolanda Saldivar" but I think it was changed before the first performance--something about not glorifying convicted killers.

Betty (2006): In addition to those listed above, also included Monica Byrne, Dave Siegel, and more I'm forgetting.

Room 158 and Betty were coached by Bret Runestad and Austin Nava but I have no idea who goes with which.

The Family Album was directed by Jason Quinn, and Zach Ward and Kate Melillo were in the cast in addition to those listed above.

Close Quarters: Monica Byrne, Sarah Eldred, Kit FitzSimons, CeCe Garcia, Zannie Gunn, John Reitz, Megan Stein, Sandy Sulzer, cb: Ryan Locante.

Super Secret Space Base was a sketch show written and performed by Greg Brainos, Andi Goetchius, Katy Jack, Ethan Kaye, Ben Moser, and directed by Scott Jennings.
Old January 22, 2011, 03:48 PM
Administrator

AWESOME! Thanks Chris!

And great to see you on Wednesday!
Old January 25, 2011, 04:38 PM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to CoreyBrown

This is the most bonkers thing on the board!
Old June 11, 2011, 01:44 AM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to Dave Siegel

This is completely nuts.

"Tony's Pony" also included Pete O'bryan and Lyda Kendrick, coached by Scott Jennings

"That Certain Female" also included Monica Byrne and Andrew Hibbard and was coached by Austin Nava.

"Tub Cousins" was the only Harold team in DSI history to actually request to be disbanded.

I think the third person in "The Center" was Justin Drogos, but not 100% on that.

Conklin is a little off on the dates for Take The Box!. Team formed in Spring 2005. I also was never on "Betty."

Last edited by Dave Siegel; June 11, 2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old June 27, 2011, 03:41 PM
DJ NIXON

The 708

Au Jus

Armageddon'it (Rick Skarbez, Kevin Browning)

Arms Up! Fancy Pants (Kevin Browning, PT Scarborough, Vinny Valdivia, Tom Keller)

B & C Music Factory (Bryan Barnes, Colette Henderson, Harrison Brookie) [March Madness]

Big Bang Kitten (Laura Morrison, Jeff Brennman, Aaron Keck) [March Madness]

Bluehaus (John Reitz, Matt Greenslade, Tom Keller) [March Madness]

BRASH (Kennedy Gates, Alex James, Aaron Keck, Juan Mojica, Kristen Rappazzo, PT Scarborough, Rick Skarbez, Jonathan Yeomans cb. Andy Lavender)

Double D20s (Katy Jack, Sylvia Toth, Tara Reagan, Molly Buckley)

DSI High (Kevin Browning, Sarah Eldred, Alan Goldstein, Laura Morrison, Nick Mykins, Tara Reagan, Rick Skarbez, Vinny Valdivia)

Extra Beast (Kennedy Gates, Vinny Valdivia, PT Scarborough) [March Madess]

Fantastic Beast (Vinny Valdivia, PT Scarborough, w/ Nick Mykins)

Fedorable (Kit FitzSimons, Sylvia Toth c.b. Aaron Keck)

Fortune Cookie (Shane Smith, Aaron Keck, Katy Jack, Alex James, Vinny Valdivia)[CageMatch]

GIUSEPPE (Aaron Way, Blake Elliott, Blake Robinett, Chad Hartless, Colin Williams, David Allen, Dylan Derby, Ian Phillips, Jordan Miron, Kyle Jordan, Max Huffman, Michael Manturuk, Noel Butta, Seth Hart, Steele Goldman, Cason Ragland, Miles Bonsignore, Sam Garlock, Sol Yanuck)

Hebert & James (Alex James, Jonathan Hebert)

House Party (Sarah Eldred, David Greenslade, Tom Keller, Meg Eason? cb John Reitz?)

Improv Slam Ensemble

Kid Lincoln

Lordington, PI (Kim Andrews, Kevin Browning, Carolyn Davis, Kit FitzSimons, Tom Keller, Sarah Miller, Sid Ray, Jonathan Schwartz, Sylvia Toth)

Maximum Power (Sylvia Toth, Aaron Keck, cb Kit FitzSimons)

The Mother Load (Amanda Scherle, Linda Bowerman, Kim Andrews) [March Madness]

Mister Diplomat (Harrison Brookie, Paula Pazderka, Zach Ward, Jeremy McDonald, Andy Lavender)

Mixed Signals (Vinny Valdivia, Sarah Eldred)

Mullet (Kit FitzSimons, Sid Ray, Jonathan Schwartz, Ian Ager and Tom Keller) [CageMatch]

Omaha 9 (Sarah Eldred, Brandon Holmes, Katy Jack, Justin Lukasewicz, Laura Morrison, Nick Mykins, John Reitz, Shane Smith, Vinny Valdivia cb. Paula Pazderka)

Pound for Pound

Polygraph Test (?)

Retweeted (Kevin Browning, Kennedy Gates, John Reitz, Jonathan Schwartz, Shane Smith, Jonathan Yeomans, Zach Ward)

Richard Panini (Aaron Keck, Jonathan Yeomans, Kevin Browning, Kit FitzSimons, PT Scarborough, Tom Keller)

Sarah and The Girls (Sarah Eldred, Jonathan Yeomans, Brandon Holmes) [March Madness]

Senior PGA (Zach Ward, Jeremy McDonald)

Smalltown, USA (PT Scarborough, Kennedy Gates, Jonathan Hebert and Sarah Eldred) [CageMatch]

Sparky Anderzander (Kennedy Gates, Tom Keller) [CageMatch]

Suggestion Box (Harrison Brookie, John Reitz)

This Year's George Mason (Nick Mykins, Sid Ray, Alex James) [March Madness]

Too Legit To Quit (Zannie Gunn, Shane Smith, Tracy Cate) [March Madness]

WikiLeaks (Katy Jack, Shane Smith, Zach Ward, Andy Lavender, John Reitz, Paula Pazderka?)

Last edited by FStewartTaylor; November 11, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old June 28, 2011, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Love it. Keep it going FST!
Old July 7, 2011, 08:57 PM
DSI Friend

This.Is.So.Dope.

Pieces I can think of:

GIUSEPPE (Aaron Way, Blake Elliott, Blake Robinett, Chad Hartless, Colin Williams, David Allen, Dylan Derby, Ian Phillips, Jordan Miron, Kyle Jordan, Max Huffman, Michael Manturuk, Noel Butta, Seth Hart, Steele Goldman, Cason Ragland, Miles Bonsignore, Sam Garlock, Sol Yanuck) *maybe incomplete

Mullet (Kit FitzSimons, Sid Ray, Jonathan Schwartz, Ian Ager and Tom Keller) [CageMatch]

Smalltown, USA (PT Scarborough, Kennedy Gates, Jonathan Hebert and Sarah Eldred) [2x CageMatch winner]

Fortune Cookie (Shane Smith, Aaron Keck, Katy Jack, Alex James, Vinny Valdivia) (?) [CageMatch]

Richard Panini (Aaron Keck, Jonathan Yeomans, Kevin Browning, Kit FitzSimons, PT Scarborough, Tom Keller)

Arms Up! Fancy Pants (Kevin Browning, PT Scarborough, Vinny Valdivia, Tom Keller)

Sparky Anderzander (STILL CAGEMATCH TITLE HOLDERS!)

2010 also saw:

We Need A Hero (John Reitz, Tom Keller, David Greenslade, Ryan Millager)

Baskerville (Kit FitzSimons, Tom Keller)

Thanks, Fiona!
Old July 21, 2011, 06:43 PM
DSI Friend

GAH, BABY PRANKS (Eitan, Lees, Josh Sharp, Mary Sasson) HAS GOT TO DO ANOTHER SHOW.
Old July 22, 2011, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
GAH, BABY PRANKS (Eitan, Lees, Josh Sharp, Mary Sasson) HAS GOT TO DO ANOTHER SHOW.
Baby! Pranks!