DSI Comedy Forums

Go Back   DSI Comedy Forums > The Bullpen > Guerilla Marketing

Old June 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to RemiTreuer

Congrats, Jon, Joe, & Jason! You guys rule.
Old June 18, 2007, 01:40 AM
Make The Attempt

Send a message via AIM to PT

congrats
"Now, in the unlikely event that this plan should fail. I will turn to you my brothers in Toto, to help me write a song so smooth and awesome, that Rosanna Arquette will have no choice but to f*** my brains out".- Steve Porcaro
Old June 18, 2007, 08:04 AM
DSI Exploiter

Send a message via AIM to rene Send a message via MSN to rene Send a message via Yahoo to rene Send a message via Skype™ to rene

Sweet! Congrats. Hope to see you noobs in NY

new blog
Old June 22, 2007, 09:14 AM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to Jason Quinn

Hey,

I want to encourage everyone to come out to DIPLOMAT tonight. Our monologist, Armond, is a friend of mine and is an amazing voice who has been through a lot. Some of you have probably heard me talk about him. His stories should be intense.

I would love to see a great crowd for him tonight.

Thanks,
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach
Friday June 22

We have an exciting night planned at DSI, featuring MISTER DIPLOMAT and a HipHop show.

Armond Rasheen Towns is a former street gang member. He is the author of Rosez 4 a Gun: Da Demonz of a Young Black Male. Rosez 4 a Gun is the story of a young Black male’s adaptation life outside on the street corners to life inside a college classroom. Armond aspires to become a professor of African American communication and culture. He is currently a resident of Greensboro, NC, where he attends graduate school at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

The book can be purchased at: http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/b...=0-595-43870-9

The book's myspace page is: http://myspace.com/178845072

Book Description:

Part 1: Gunz

As a teenager growing up in Asbury Park, NJ, there were never many positive options for Rasheen Jordan to choose from. Where as most 15-year-old kids might participate in boy scouts or recreational baseball, for Rasheen it was either drug dealing or street gangs. He and his friends chose both. But as the glamorous street life seems to lose its luster, Rasheen seeks other options outside of the ghetto. And as his new exit path becomes clear, he finds out that the ghetto is not the only thing he will leave behind!

Part II: Rosez

Rasheen is a unique college student to say the least. At 18, he’s probably experienced more than the average 80-year-old. Does he belong in this college setting? Is he just playing college student? The dime bags of weed and his other illegal behaviors might say so. But is it possible for Rasheen to become more than just a street thug? Is it possible for him to leave his past behind and become the “college boy” that he is destined to be?

Following the show will be the first ever HipHop concert at DSI, produced by Black Lion Sound.

Doors will open at 11:00pm. Show starts at 11:30pm.

http://dsicomedytheater.com/schedule....php?ShowID=80
Old July 12, 2007, 03:37 PM
Administrator

This weekend MISTER DIPLOMAT will feature a nice change of pace.

Zach Ward and Jason Quinn will be performing a two-person show, welcoming Shannon O'Connor to perform acoustic music (check out her songs online) and tell stories to inspire some improv comedy.

Each segment of the improv show between her stories will look different, in format because we are performing different styles, and content, as long as Shannon's stories aren't the same. ;)

Print out this bulletin for half-price tickets.

Support Your Local Comedy. Please tell your friends.

MISTER DIPLOMAT
Friday July 13th, 930pm

Half-price tickets: $5
www.dsicomedytheater.com
Old August 15, 2007, 08:18 PM
Administrator

We've been crazy about music lately, and it's not close to over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pneurotics
I've spoken with the guys from SNMNMNM and our friends from Red Collar are doing the show this weekend. DSI is getting to be known as a great gig.
That's nice to hear.

Friday August 17th Red Collar
Friday August 24th Greg Humphreys from HOBEX
Friday August 31st SNMNMNM (the return)
Friday September 7th Tad Dries

Saturday September 8th Endless Mic (from Trekky Records)**

Friday September 14th Unconfirmed
Friday September 21st The Pneurotics
Friday September 28th @ 800pm Unconfirmed
Friday September 28th @ 930pm Daniel Wallace

**Diplomat will be hijacking BEST SHOW EVER to support Trekky.

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT -- Come out and support our musical guests and these bands will continue to support DSI. If we can get considered by the local music scene as a great gig then we're well on our way to becoming an established local venue for that crowd. But don't repeat this out loud or it won't count. Hipster logic can be rough.

Old August 31, 2007, 12:52 PM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to Jason Quinn

Don't miss the return of SNMNMNM tonight at Diplomat. They were crazy fun last time
Old November 2, 2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator

TONIGHT -- Friday November 2nd At 9:30PM -- MISTER DIPLOMAT welcomes local business owner and repeat guest.

Wootini's Mike Maher

Mike has unbelievable stories.

I don't have my computer today (at the shop) so I can't get word out about this AWESOME show.

PLEASE

Take a few minutes and email your friends and people you know who love comedy and adult toys, not those adult toys... although maybe they could still like those adult toys and these adult toys; they may not be exclusive. Mike was a security guard at a Pittsburgh theme park during a major Riot. He worked tech for the Pennsylvania System of Corrections. He was sexually assaulted by a mentally handicapped woman, while delivering milk. And now he owns Wootini.

http://wootini.com
Old July 17, 2008, 04:56 PM
Administrator

MISTER DIPLOMAT is really excited for GELLER from G105 to hit the stage in Carrboro next week, 7/25.

Help spread the word on Facebook. Invite the world...
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=19521935815

Help spread the word on MySpace. Invite the world...
http://events.myspace.com/index.cfm?...D=446120.26272
Old July 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
hendo

Send a message via AIM to coolette87

Geller?? Aww man, hate to miss this.