DSI Comedy Forums

Go Back   DSI Comedy Forums > The Bullpen > AREA 27510

Old December 18, 2005, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Default V-Bulletin Issues - please post here

KPR has helped us move everything over from phpBB to V-Bulletin (a new message board software which DSI purchased for a couple reasons; easier to administer, less likely to be hacked, etc). Most of you will recognize the software from the IRC. We are doing our best to manage the shift and will be updating the style soon. In the meantime, please post any questions or issues you have here.

-- group permission
-- private forums missing

Thanks,
theWARDEN
Old December 18, 2005, 11:14 PM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to andrewH

The clock is off by about 5 hours. The private forum is also an issue.
Old December 18, 2005, 11:19 PM
I will eat your soul.

Send a message via ICQ to Ross White Send a message via AIM to Ross White Send a message via Yahoo to Ross White Send a message via Skype™ to Ross White

You can set the clock for your own time zone. Click User CP and edit your options.

Here's a real issue, tho... bbcode for images is off, at least for signature files.

Last edited by Ross White; December 18, 2005 at 11:22 PM.
Old December 19, 2005, 02:01 AM
Cat Lady

Send a message via AIM to Lisa P

I can't seem to post my avatar. What's up with that?

This is awesome, by the way. Thanks!
Old December 19, 2005, 08:59 AM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to CoreyBrown

I lost like 600 posts!
Old December 19, 2005, 11:09 AM
DSI Wannabe

Send a message via MSN to kprobbins Send a message via Skype™ to kprobbins

Is that your post count or the actual posts? Because all of the post counts are recalculated during the import session.
Old December 19, 2005, 11:39 AM
Invisibly Supportive

1. I can't find an option to load an avatar. I did load a profile picture, thinking that might show up in my posts like an avatar, but it is indeed merely a profile picture. On the avatar page, there is just a radio button reading "do not use an avatar", and buttons labelled "save changes" and "reset fields". There doesn't appear to be a way to actually add an avatar.

2. I read the statement about the company forums in another post. Just for the record, I can't see any of the company forums. I usually can see the main DSI Company Member Forum and the ComedySportz Forum. (According to my profile, I'm not a member of any Group Memberships--perhaps that's the problem.)

3. On a mac using Firefox, I can post just fine, but cannot reply to or quote from posts. When I try that, the regular screen comes up, but the input fields will not react to the keyboard. I can *select* text, so it recognizes the mouse, but it ignores the keyboard. I haven't had a chance to test it in Safari yet.
Old December 19, 2005, 10:08 PM
ooh my geez

Arrow

so how did you load an avatar, ted? because i see you were successful in your efforts.

and i, as well, do not see a Company forum nor a Community Bike forum.
Old December 19, 2005, 10:21 PM
Invisibly Supportive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooh my geez
so how did you load an avatar, ted? because i see you were successful in your efforts.
It's very weird; the Avatar section of the Control Panel ("User CP") was as described in my post earlier today, with just the "do not use an avatar", "save changes", and "reset fields" items. Then Kit called me later in the day to help me with it, and when I checked the Control Panel then, the avatar page had an additional section that wasn't there before, that let you either select an image off the web or off your hard drive as an avatar.

I'm not sure if it's something an adminstrator added, or if the system finally got around to adding me, or what, but there was no option before and there is an option now. Try checking your User CP again, and see if the avatar selector has magically appeared. If not, post back here and let Zach know.
Old December 20, 2005, 09:30 AM
Administrator

I am working on the private forum permissions.

The usergroups all got moved over but everyone on them ended up as a secondary user, so noone has permission to see the forums. Problem is we have to move everyone over individually... there's no "make ALL secondary users become primary users" function for groups in the admin panel.

As of right now, the only thing that could be absolutely necessary would be if you needed to know the staffing/performing schedule for Friday. Let me know if you need this (please call rather than PM).

Leaving Chicago in a few minutes and should be able to work on this tonight and tomorrow.

By the way.... DSI Chicago says hello. Maybe someday the whole company can have a big holiday party somewhere warm, with fruity drinks (banana monkey) served on an island bar. And fresh guacamole.

Zach