DSI Comedy Forums

Go Back   DSI Comedy Forums > The Bullpen > Play Forum

Old September 11, 2003, 01:59 PM
I will eat your soul.

Send a message via ICQ to Ross White Send a message via AIM to Ross White Send a message via Yahoo to Ross White Send a message via Skype™ to Ross White
Default Introduce Yourself Here

DSI is prominent in Chicago, Chapel Hill, New York, and at colleges across the country through our training center, DSI TourCo., and various productions. So not everyone who wanders into our message boards is bound to know each other. Introduce yourself in this thread!

Last edited by Zach; March 20, 2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old September 15, 2003, 09:39 AM
an Internet sensation

Send a message via AIM to Jennings

I'm Scott Jennings, and I enjoy going first.

I've been improvising for about three years now; I trained in New York with the UCBT, am an alumnus of the UCBT Harold Team "The Syndicate," and wrote for and performed in several sketch shows back in those salad days. Currently, I'm the director of the Chapel Hill DSI house teams "Mister Diplomat" and the other one that still needs a name, and I perform with Ross White in "Two Horsemen" and with Ross White, Corey Brown, and random students in "Natural Selection."

I live in Norfolk, VA, and work during the week as a systems analyst for a consulting firm doing pension plan administration. I have a BA in mathematics and economics from the University of Rochester. I'm originally from Naples, FL.

never talk to me during The Jackal

"I like your math." -- Christopher J. Conklin
Old September 16, 2003, 10:16 AM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to CoreyBrown

Corey Brown here

I started my career with Comedy Sportz over 5 years ago, right here in the heart of Chapel Hill. Have loved making people laugh since I was young. I'm a internet junkie and bowling crazed nutjob. I am currently one of the instructor's for DSI teaching levels 101 and 303s. I am also coaching Chapel Hill High Schools improv club.

I play with Mister Diplomat and Natural Selection with Ross White and Scott Jennings. Currently in talks about forming a 2 man group that will be awesome and cuddly.

I'm known as the hottest male in DSI because of my budonka-donk.
Old September 16, 2003, 12:33 PM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to Brian Thacker
Default BKT Here

Brian K. Thacker's the name...please wear it out. I started improv just 7 months ago. For some reason it feels as if I've done it my whole life. I love it. I am an assoicate troupe member for Comedyworx in Raleigh and have taken two classes through Dirty South Improv in Chapel Hill. My favorite part of improv is performing. I eat that shit up. There's nothing like a group of strangers laughing at something you said. So, if you think about it. I get off on other people laughing at me. Man. Freud would love to get ahold of my brain.

Peace!
Old September 16, 2003, 03:35 PM
DSI Shyster

Default Introduction

My Username is Tom McCudden; my real name is Tom McCudden. I am a very boring person, the details of whose life are best left to the imgination. Imagine a fat man on a couch, channel-surfing. Wait - that's too dull. Imagine him picking off the neighbor's kids with a deer rifle. No, that's too creepy. Imagine him desperately avoiding attending to his studies by abusing the University's bandwith to post this.

I have been studying improv for about two months. I enjoy it, and the DSI people are so nice not to talk about my horrifying disfigurement in front of me.

I sometimes think that I lack the necessary enthusiasm, exuberance, and generally outgoing nature needed for this kind of endeavour, but then I tell myself "You lack the enthusiasm to go down to the Food Lion for more peanut butter, you lazy bastard," and I feel better. Exuberance sounds too feminine anyway. Real men don't emote.

I miss Warren Zevon already.
Old September 16, 2003, 03:50 PM
Wade Minter

Default H. Wade Minter

H. Wade Minter here.

I've been doing the improv thang since 1998, nearly all with ComedySportz in Washington DC and Raleigh. In the past couple years, I've been concentrating more on the technical side of improv, rising as high as third-string Mr. Voice for ComedyWorx. Instead of going to improv practice, I work on my software and live vicariously through Ross White..

In real life, I'm a Unix system administrator and general geek-for-hire. Originally from the small town of Kenbridge in Southside Virginia, I'm a 1997 graduate of the College of William and Mary. I've been married since May 2001 to my high school sweetheart, and have an adorable baby.
Old September 17, 2003, 09:40 AM
Cat Lady

Send a message via AIM to Lisa P

Lisa Palmisano. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Iíve been making it up as I go along pretty much since I was born, but Iíve been calling it improvising since February. Iím proud to be able to say that I am a member of the first DSI 101, 202, 303S & 303L graduating classes. Iím currently on a financially induced hiatus from classes, but Iím a hard-core addict, so Iíll be back as soon as that get rich quick scheme pays off.

I am in the ComedyWorx associate league, and I am a member of Throw Like a Girl, the team thatís about to rock DSIís world.

See you in Chapel Hill.
Old September 18, 2003, 01:57 AM
DSI Friend

Send a message via AIM to Dave Siegel
Default howdy

I'm David Siegel. I'm a junior at UNC, studying journalism and political science.

I've been doing improv with DSI since March and am on Inside Improv's unamed House Team along with being part of the Chips incubator program.

I don't care for emoticons.

I also desperately want to name our unamed team "Improvagina", which I think is Pete O'Bryan's most brilliant team name since "Penetrectum".
Old September 18, 2003, 08:40 PM
I give love a bad name.

Send a message via AIM to EthanK

Ethan Kaye, here in NC. I'm just starting out with DSI but I've done improv before. Badly and now I'm learning all the awful mistakes I make on a regular basis. In both improv...and life. Thank you, DSI, for showing me my errors.

I did about 7 years of sketch since 1995, most recently with Alfred U's Pirate Theater. Both sketch and improv are great and having done both I feel well-rounded now.

Right now I'm working at a pharmaceutical marketing firm in Durham, considering going back to school and enjoying my time off. I watch too much Mystery Science Theater and eat bad foods.

I find Robert Klein and Eddy Izzard endlessly hilarious.
Old September 19, 2003, 01:00 AM
Folio Ninja

I'm Kit FitzSimons, and the place I drag myself home to most nights is just south of Chapel Hill, NC. I've unfortunately only done improv for the past three to four years due to naivete and obliviousness on my part. I've played with Let's Try This! at Georgia Tech, returned a few times to guest-ogre workshops for my old high school troupe, and gotten lucky enough to be a hat-pick for Natural Selestion here in CH. I've taken a DSI class, am ready for the next, and look forward each week to the next Inside Improv I'll get to see. I also lift with my legs, not with my back, and thus survive the carrying of the Inside Improv stage more than most do.

My pet project (read "life pursuit") right now is the creation of an improv company at Durham Tech, a group that is tentatively being called "Addicted To Stress" and that is looking for members as we speak! <Shameless plug that should probably go in the Plugs section!>

I was trying to mime it, but I forgot: you're not supposed to mime with objects." --Kelly Crisp