PDA

View Full Version : Pretty please help out a new neighbor

Conklin
August 5, 2004, 10:45 AM
My wife and I are moving to Chapel Hill on Monday, August 16th. We've never been to the area before. We're arriving to Raleigh-Durham International Airport at 2pm and would be forever and ever grateful if someone could pick us up. We'll be flying with the maximum allowable luggage and severely weighed down, laden strangers in an unknown land. Now I'm sure many of you have "jobs" and "obligations" and, if you don't, would rather "spend time with people you've actually met." And I would totally understand that. But if someone out there could find it in his/her heart to give us a lift, it would pretty much be the nicest thing anyone has ever done. Ever.

If this sounds like something you could do, please contact me via PM and we'll take it from there.

Character witnesses available upon request.

Jennings
August 5, 2004, 01:11 PM
I would do it if I didn't have to work and had a clean car with air conditioning and four inflated tires.

But I insist that someone help these nice-sounding people out.

CoreyBrown
August 5, 2004, 01:20 PM
Conklin is a great guy people. If anyone can help him please do. I would have to get off work which I might be able to, but I'm going to place myself as a last resort.

Conklin
August 6, 2004, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the support guys!

Some additional information:
Our destination would be the Carolina campus and lunch would of course be on us.

Also we're going to be out of town this weekend, so if I don't reply to you for a few days it isn't because I'm not interested!

EthanK
August 6, 2004, 09:04 AM
I'd help Chris out if I could but I cna't get away from work that afternoon. Please, somebody step up and help this guy, he's pretty rad.

Ross White
August 10, 2004, 10:13 AM
I'll sneak out of the office for a while. Chris, get in touch with me via e-mail.