PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable Thing A Teacher/Prof Has Ever Said To You

Kit's Alter Ego
November 20, 2003, 02:20 PM
As in personally, to you, not to a class at large.

Mine was about an hour ago, when I stepped out of my Southern Lit class, and had my prof ask me:

"Kit, can I ask you a personal question? Are you on medication? I only ask because your presentation last week and your very down behavior today make me wonder if you're bipolar at all."

--Kit

PS: No, I'm not on medication.

PPS: :cry: Everybody's bipolar :lol: , just to different degrees. :cry:

PT
November 20, 2003, 03:25 PM
I don't think everyone's bipolar! I mean look at this kitty!

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/avatars/zfemales/4/zfemales51.gif

Aww, ain't that just the sweetest......eww get it away, get it away!!

Jeff Sconce
November 22, 2003, 05:29 PM
I had a T.A. say "God, sometimes you just scare me".
Quite frankly, I was very proud.
The fact that I use "because my soul was eaten" as an excuse doesn't help me much.

Dana S
December 1, 2003, 02:39 AM
One of my teachers this year has said:
-"Dana, are you on drugs?"
-"we're going down the hall so Mr. Wilson can yell at you because I just can't"
And one of my teachers a couple years ago said pretty much the equivalent to what J_Scronce's T.A. said to him.
And then there is my all time favorite. My theatre teacher says this to us every Friday: "Don't drink and drive, and if you're gonna mess around, use protection!!!" My theatre teacher is awesome.

L'il G
December 1, 2003, 04:18 PM
My 8th Grade Band Teacher (angrily, after I kept playing the wrong notes on the saxophone): "Greg! Why don't you switch classes and take Woodworking?!?"

(I ended up being 2nd chair out of 6 total alto saxophonists after not knowing a single note at the beginning of the semester.)

My 8th Grade Natural Science Teacher (angrily, after it became clear to him that the class thought he was a dork and that they would refuse to pay attention to him for the remainder of the school year): "I don't care if you like me. I am the king of this castle! That's me.....King Lamar."

I had some angry 8th grade teachers.

EthanK
December 1, 2003, 04:24 PM
"Ethan, you better stop goofing off and start doing some work. You're on thin ice." - Mrs. Benenati, 6th grade after I was passing sketches in math class. I didn't heed her advice, but I do remember it well.

Dana S
December 1, 2003, 09:20 PM
Wait I have more!

From my AP Environmental teacher:
-"yeah, I know this guy who made himself an entire island out of soda bottles. It just floats...and he floats with it. I wish I had an island. Hey let's go see if we can see Sharon-Harris from the parking lot!"
-"I think there's a squirrel in the wall above my head...maybe it''s just the floor"

From my chorus teacher:
(talking about an opera we are singing) "Isn't that sexy!?!...I mean...in...a...non-sexual way..."

Zack Bly
December 1, 2003, 11:17 PM
yeah, i'll bet your theater teacher is awesome.

Dana S
December 6, 2003, 01:27 AM
yeah, i'll bet your theater teacher is awesome.

As are her kin. That's definitely one bet you'd be sure to win.