PDA

View Full Version : another Move help request -Trucks?-

diana
July 18, 2004, 07:32 PM
This coming weekend (July 24th-25th), I need to move from my Airport Rd. apartment over to an apartment in Carrboro.

Any pickup-truckers out there available sometime that weekend? Lisa offered to bring her big-ass Snapple truck out here, but I don't think have
that much stuff, and she and her big-ass Snapple truck are busy people. I've got maybe 3 or 4 pickup-truck-loads to move.

Also, anyone willing to help load/unload stuff?

Please let me know what day/time you'd be available, and then I guess the move will take place whenever the trucks are there & the most people can be there.

Thanks!! Of course, I'll show you my gratitude through food, beer, and hospitality!

Lisa P
July 22, 2004, 12:21 PM
Wow, I can't believe you guys are gonna make me move Diana and Andi by myself! Step up, people!

EthanK
July 22, 2004, 12:29 PM
If you're moving Andi on Sunday I can help for part of the day. My parents are coming down from PA and can only help after Saturday.

ilaughatme
July 22, 2004, 01:16 PM
I know I have to go to the airport sometime this weekend to work out tickets for NYC but I can come when I'm not there.

CoreyBrown
July 22, 2004, 01:33 PM
I got practices all day unless I can help wicked early in the morning. Then possibly.

Lisa P
July 22, 2004, 03:26 PM
The plan right now is to move Andi Saturday, starting at about 9:00, because she has the most big stuff. Diana's stuff won't fill a fraction of that truck. It really would be a pickup load with some stuff in a couple of cars, if I'm guestimating right.

If people can't help Diana get everything moved, I can probably move her bed and desk on Sunday (if I can use the truck Sunday morning, too), but I know there is someone out there who can help out. [\guilt trip]

PT
July 22, 2004, 04:19 PM
That someone is me. I can get my dads station wagon to help. Im not doing nothing saturday, so Ill be moving boy. So if you want me, Im here. Just post excatly when and where and who and what I get in return.
Much love.

Lisa P
July 22, 2004, 04:27 PM
That someone is me. I can get my dads station wagon to help. Im not doing nothing saturday, so Ill be moving boy. So if you want me, Im here. Just post excatly when and where and who and what I get in return.
Much love.PT, you are awesome.

Lisa P
July 22, 2004, 08:14 PM
Ok, here's the latest. Diana has found some folks with trucks, and she asked me to relay the word that she'll be starting around 10:45 or 11:00 if anyone wants to come help her. I can't help with directions because I've only been there after dark, so you know I have no idea where it is.

Andi will need help, too, so any Raleigh based folks would be welcome there. I'm going to double up this post with Andi's so as to guilt... I mean, reach the most helpers possible.

diana
July 23, 2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah! It's on! Saturday morning!

We'll begin at 10:45-ish, like Lisa said.

314 Ashley Forest Dr., Chapel Hill

Directions:
-From Franklin St, get on Airport Rd. and continue about 2-3 miles
(you'll pass Timber Hollow Apartments on the right).

-Look for Ashley Forest Dr. on the Right (there's a bigger sign that
says 'Tyler Creek') Turn onto this street.

-Go almost all the way to the cul-de-sac. Building F will be on your
right. 314 is on the 2nd floor. Park wherever you find room.

FROM I-40W:
-Take exit 266 (Airport Rd.). Turn Left at the top of the ramp.

-Continue on Airport Rd. for 2-3 miles or so.

-Soon after the stoplight at the Homestead Rd intersection (you'll see
a church on the left and a mini shopping center on the right), keep an
eye out for Ashley Forest Dr. on your left (there's a bigger sign that
says "Tyler Creek").

-Turn left onto Ashley Forest Dr. Building F is on the right, at the

cul-de-sac. Park wherever you find room.

-Apartment 314 (second floor).

My phone #: 260-0813

Thanks a lot!!!!!!