PDA

View Full Version : How did the "Jennings Is Evil" thing mushroom?

Jennings
November 5, 2003, 09:46 PM
I mean, I know I encourage it, I know I mumble lewd remarks to underage girls, I know I openly conspire to commit untoward acts with waitresses, I know I take great pleasure in the pure poetry of the suffering of others, I know I've killed a deer with my car, I know I can take all the money I want from any of you at a poker table, I know I'm looking forward to the NHL lockout, I know I love cats, I know I've cheated to win in the past, and I know I'll cheat to win in the future.

I'm just curious to know how I suddenly became YOUR paragon of evil. Did my arrival in your life displace a lesser paragon of evil? Because it seems like my evil aura is beginning to radiate even further, and when people meet me, they immediately know that I am the Evil One. And there are some people who are convinced that I am actually evil, and not simply a cuddly teddy bear in touch with both his evil and feminine sides.

Am I being marketed correctly? Am I victim of this short attention span soundbyte society? And how do you know that if you were naked with me behind a locked door, that we wouldn't have a spirited and intellectually enriching discussion about the economic corollaries of the philosophy of John Rawls? Because we WOULD, you know. I hate Rawls.

ilaughatme
November 5, 2003, 10:26 PM
You're evil because you hate Rawls. What a sweet guy. And those puppies that he owns, how cute.

Jennings
November 5, 2003, 10:36 PM
You mean to say, ownED. Rawls is DEAD. And a "maximin" approach to the veil of ignorance is seriously untenable.

ilaughatme
November 5, 2003, 11:48 PM
Also math talk. That's a sure sign of evil. And not to mention speaking ill of the dead.

EthanK
November 6, 2003, 07:34 AM
The gay thing put me off when I was still living in PA and didn't know you that well. Plus I loved making fun of your pro wrestling avatar on the IRC. But now that's all over. We've become the bestest of friends since we beat those kids at Camp Mapleleaf across the lake at the scavenger hunt and saved the day for our camp. And the only way we could have done that....was by working together.

Stay evil, it works to your advantage. Isn't it better to have people have that pre-conceived notion of you then get surprised when they find out that you're only evil like 87% of the time?

CoreyBrown
November 6, 2003, 08:03 AM
All we had was Ross for our "Evil" type to look at and as we all know Ross can play evil, but he is as far from it as I am from being cool. Now with a step up in the evil categorie (i.e. You) we all latched onto the "Next Big Thing" in the area of evilness. So in reality don't pat yourself on the back just yet, because really NC just lacked that side and you happened to supply it.

I never wanted a carebear but I got one when Erie stared selling them! Why? Cause they hadn't before.

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

jesstah
November 6, 2003, 10:45 AM
How can a man who has shirtlessly hugged me be evil?

Unless... I myself am evil... Nah!

-Jesster

Lisa P
November 6, 2003, 11:03 AM
All we had was Ross for our "Evil" type to look at Seriously, the only thing evil about Ross is his eyebrows. We needed a loveable villain whose whole persona radiated evil. If the shoe fits, Scott...

Edit: You know how it sucks when you have a smudge on your face or your fly is unzipped and no one tells you? Well, I'm that way with spelling errors. If you see one, it's probably a typo. PLEASE pm me and tell me. I can't stand the embarrassment of knowing it's been out there for all to see.

By the way, you have toilet paper stuck to your shoe. I just thought you should know.

Ross White
November 6, 2003, 11:16 AM
I'm totally loveable and cute. The only thing about me that's evil is my incessant scheming, and I do all of that for you guys anyhow.

I will, however, eat your souls.

PT
November 6, 2003, 02:52 PM
In trying to decide if Scott is really evil, I had to do some thinking. I watched "BATMAN" last night (not that nipple crap) and I realized that the Joker was one mean mother, but you liked him at the end. But I also saw The Matrix Rev, with Ethan and Lil G, now Smith is one mean mother too, but who doesn't love Smith! So, to sum it up I like Agent Smith more than the Joker, even thought one day I aspire to be Jack Nicholson.

Oh right and yes I agree Scott Jennings, you are one mean mother too!

Jeff Sconce
November 8, 2003, 07:28 PM
I propose an experiment. We'll bottle some of Scott's soul. If it is toxic to Care Bears, then he's evil. Quite frankly, that takes a lot of evil.

L'il G
November 10, 2003, 09:37 AM
Scott Jennings promised to come over and help fix my internet/router problem.

That proves he is not evil.

Unless he doesn't actually come.

Kit's Alter Ego
November 10, 2003, 04:23 PM
What if he does fix it, but he breaks your Mind vase "by accident" while he's there?

--Kit

PS: This is not to say that you're the type of person to have a Ming vase.

PPS: And that is not to say that you're not.

TedHobgood
October 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
I just discovered this thread, and it amused me.

ilaughatme
October 28, 2006, 01:10 AM
Who the hell is Rawls?

L'il G
October 31, 2006, 08:27 PM
Who the hell is Rawls?

http://mchalepac.lcsc.k12.in.us/lourawls.jpg

DUE TO AGE.

Jennings
October 31, 2006, 08:43 PM
Who the hell is Rawls?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rawls

CoreyBrown
October 31, 2006, 08:47 PM
http://mchalepac.lcsc.k12.in.us/lourawls.jpg

DUE TO AGE.

He has racist teeth.

Andrew
November 3, 2006, 03:08 PM
I actually LIKE the philosophy of Rawls - and indeed have taught it in my classes.

I also really like Jennings. I mean, underneath that huge grumpy exterior is a very kind intellegent soul who sucks the very marrow out of life. Come on, people, this is a man who is willing to drive 5 hours round trip to enjoy fine slow-cooked meat! This is a man who relishes the minutia of daily life, truly ENJOYS a surprise visit by a door to door salesperson! He can see both the irony, drama and athleticism of professional wrestling simultaneously! Who doesn't care for crappy tv shows or movies, no matter what the hype.

So I say this: we should inwardly celebrate Jennings, even if we outwardly fear him and his destructive powers. In fact, I will hug him next time I see him.

P.S. Nozick is a hoser.

The Dynamo
November 3, 2006, 03:22 PM
I actually LIKE the philosophy of Rawls - and indeed have taught it in my classes.

I blah blah like Jennings. I mean, blah blah blah huge grumpy exterior is a very blah blah blah blah marrow out of life. Come on, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah! This is a man blah blah blah blah blah, truly BLAH blah blah blah blah blah! He can see both the blah, blah and blah blah blah of professional blah blah blah blah! Who doesn't care for blah blah blah, no matter what the blah.

So I say this: blah blah blah.

P.S. Nozick is a blah blah.

Dr. Dork, ladies and gentlemen!

Andrew
November 3, 2006, 05:00 PM
I actually don't like Jeremy, however.

He's a jerk.

ilaughatme
November 3, 2006, 05:56 PM
Amen.

[A La Nelson] Haha! [/A La Nelson] Dr. Dork...