PDA

View Full Version : THE PIRATES ARE COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

Pablo
November 4, 2003, 10:11 PM
Hey guys, this is Pablo. I just wanted to remind and proclaim to you all that i'm in a musical at Chapel Hill High School called "The Pirates of Penzance" and it's going up in two weekends (november 14, 15, 16). The friday and saturday night shows are at 7:30 pm and the sunday matinee is at 3:00 pm. I actually got a good role (the Major General... for any of you who know the play) and it was mean so much to me if you could come watch it. For students, it's $5.00 and for adults its $8.00. It would mean the world to me to see your faces, so if you have some time, it's at chapel hill highschool (hanes theatre).

much love to all my fellow improvers,
Pablo

Jennings
November 5, 2003, 10:39 AM
Boom, I'm there. I love me some Gilbert & Sullivan, and I haven't seen Pirates in a long time.

Awesome!

PT
November 7, 2003, 01:56 PM
I'll be there Pabs, I wouldnt miss your voice for all the stromboli in the world.

Hey Scott, you wanna dress up as pirates!!

CoreyBrown
November 10, 2003, 10:15 AM
I can't wait to hear all the Arr's and uses of the word wench.

Lisa P
November 10, 2003, 12:06 PM
I can't wait to hear all the Arr's and uses of the word wench.Oh, and don't forget"Avast, ye swabs" and "Keel haul the landlubber". I love those!

Jennings
November 13, 2003, 11:12 PM
I'll be at the Saturday evening show. Who's with me? And who can point me towards this high-school?

And I'm afraid the only wardrobe I have is from "The Gondoliers"... I mean, sure, maybe I could pass for "Pirates," but there'd be one man in the audience who'd know... and he'd stare me down all night. I'd drive myself crazy with the paranoia.

Woot woot! Nineteenth-century operetta!

Jennings
November 14, 2003, 04:12 PM
Ok, I changed my mind, I'm going to the Sunday afternoon show. Anyone with me now?

Pabs, don't disappoint.

PT
November 15, 2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah Scott, me and my friend are going, so we can meet up. I also think Corey wants to go, but he says whenever, so we'll see if anythings up with him.

I don't know where your coming from, but if take highway 54, turn onto Estes Dr (next to University Mall, you'll see Southern Seasons on the corner) you follow that straight passed Franklin St., keep on going straight passed Phillips Elementary, and through Airport road. The you'll turn right on Seawell School Rd., follow that straight passed an elementary school, middle school (all on your left), then you'll hit high school road. Take the first left of that, into a parking lot, you'll see a hella lot cars and theres hanes theatre.

Now after writing this I realize that I can tell you this tom at Inside Improv, so crap on me. Yet I would be pleased if anyone could use these directions to thier own benefit. If you get lost, don't blame me, blame Katy Jack.

Kit's Alter Ego
November 15, 2003, 06:47 AM
Don't worry, PT. I'll use them for my own benefit.

--Kit

PS: I just added this PS because now Corey expects me to.

PPS: Does anyone know what's required to schedule a benefit at a high school?

PT
November 15, 2003, 04:43 PM
Most likely I'd talk to DJ Sorrels or John Thomas. Whats the plan Kit? Dancing girls who'll be seducing snakes on stage? You know that they'll never go for that!

P.S. Sinner

Kit's Alter Ego
November 15, 2003, 04:53 PM
Whats the plan Kit? Dancing girls who'll be seducing snakes on stage?

I was actually thinking something to help pay for nun-burials.

Or has that already been done?

--Kit

PS: For non-Chapel-Hill-High-theater-goers (and CeCe :wink: ), that was a reference to the CHHS production of Nunsense last year (at which Pablo dressed up in a habit, wimple and all).

PSS: inner