PDA

View Full Version : Southern Chicken!

jillybee72
April 19, 2004, 11:40 PM
I am eating Southern Chicken! From the grocery store!

Do you have Northern Chicken?

EthanK
April 20, 2004, 07:00 AM
Northern people don't do fried chicken the same way. I had it in Boston and it tasted terrible. The highligh of the meal was that Penn from Penn and Teller sat two tables down from us.

slammin14
April 20, 2004, 06:41 PM
Us northerners don't have places that sell chicken like they do in the south. The extent of it is Boston Market and Kenny Rogers, both of which are doing terrible. The food isn't that good. It's not that Northerners don't like Southern chicken, we just don't have places that make it very well...and so I guess no one has ventured to make Northern chicken. It's like Italian food in the south...there aren't very many places that have really good Italian food...even if you think it's good, it doesn't compare to the best restaurants up North. The South needs better Italian restaurants and more Italians in general.

Zack Bly
April 20, 2004, 08:26 PM
The South needs better Italian restaurants and more Italians in general.

The South could also use more resaurants of the following varieties:
:arrow: Greek
:arrow: Thai
:arrow: Polish
:arrow: French
:arrow: Flat Top Grill

May I suggest we forcefully vacate a few Arbys' or Hardees' restaurants and insert a new staff with a new menu? There's an abandonned Burger King in my hometown of Hillsborough that I'm sure nobody's using.

slammin14
April 20, 2004, 09:34 PM
if Chapel Hill had a Flat Top, I would never leave.

ilaughatme
April 20, 2004, 10:18 PM
Hell, yeah. If Chapel Hill had a Flat Top, I'd never leave ever.

Also, the South does have Italians. Ever been to New Orleans?

Zack Bly
April 21, 2004, 08:56 AM
New Orleans doesn't count as South, it's a cultural outpost/holdout. Sort of like West Berlin back in the days of the GDR.