PDA

View Full Version : The Jeffrey Scronce Appreciation Thread

EthanK
April 15, 2004, 09:30 AM
I want to start a thread for Uncle Sizzle. Just to say that I find him out and out hilarious. Please share your thoughts and stories of Jeff and if you can't think of any good ones, be sure to make some up.

Ross White
April 15, 2004, 09:32 AM
Jeff's Natural Selection show, in which he desperately tried to hide from view when his name was selected. He then got up on the stage for the first time, shaking like crazy, and proceeded to rock out an amazing show with insane confidence. Afterwards, he stood back by the cash register, humbly receiving congratulations, telling people that he wasn't very happy with his performance.

Jennings
April 15, 2004, 09:55 AM
Sizzle quickly got into the spirit of heckling opposing ballplayers, even if his execution needed work.

CoreyBrown
April 15, 2004, 10:21 AM
Death Thunder and Jeff.

Only the coolest of the cool use their real name.

Richard White
April 15, 2004, 11:21 AM
Although we promised never to mention it in public, I feel this is a good place and time to let you all in on the road trip of 2002 that I took with Jeff, or "Randy", as we called him then. We were both hungry for barbecue and obviously, there is only one place in the country that still serves the sweet and smoky taste of grilled radish: Chubby Fudd's Eatery in Helena, Montana.

Well, fourteen days, 4,800 miles, 7,566.00 dollars (give or take), eight new tattoos, three barfights, and two Dominican hookers (give or take)later, we returned to North Carolina as new men. We made a vow, which I am breaking now, to never speak of that day without the consent of the other and a bottle of lotion. So, Randy, here's to you, my friend. I'm privileged to have lost many things whilst in your company, and I have no regrets. Just remember: "Shepherd? I doubt it!" (inside joke -sorry)

PT
April 15, 2004, 02:02 PM
I remember the first day of taking my 101 class with J Sizzle, or as he was known then as, Jeffrey Scronce. Yes we were all differeant then, I walked into Hamilton 150 and there I saw my now friends. I remember seeing Ethan and thinking "wierdo". I saw Andrew and thought "Father of two". I saw Callie and thought "Father of my two", and many more I saw, yet I cant remember....I think I saw Austin, anyways. Of all that I saw, I saw J Sizzle first. I remembering saying to myself, I wanna become friends with this guy, cause he looks like the kinda guy you can talk to. Well I was right, and even though many of us have changed since Oct at Hamilton 150 last year, we're still the same....except for J Sizzle who is completly diffearent now in the way that he'll make out with you on stage and not be afraid.

Dave Siegel
April 15, 2004, 05:58 PM
The first time I saw Scronce improvise was when we auditioned for chips together in fall of '03.

7 months later and you'd think the guy had been taking classes for 2 years.

I can't wait to see the new house team in action!

Lisa P
April 15, 2004, 11:28 PM
The first time I noticed Jeff was one night when I was shooing him all over the Scoop while we were trying to set up for a show. It seemed like no matter where I was trying to work, he was there. Now, months later he is one of my favorite people, and if he isn't there I miss him terribly.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 16, 2004, 12:52 AM
The first time I was made aware of J Scronce was at the Halloween CHiPs show, when he finished a compliment with the sentence: "Ha! I know who you are, Kit FitzSimons, but you don't know my name and you'll never know it!"

Soon after, at I.I., when Greg passed around his poster board for the audience to collectively draw him a picture (Scott Jennings wrote VOID across it), Greg rolled his eyes at this same person as the poster got to him and said, "Ohhhhh, J-Scronce!" To which I let out a triumphant, "AHA!" which earned me strange stares from my fellow onlookers, but none from Jeff, who was busy watching the show or something.

--Kit

PS: Oh, and he liked the parody I wrote about 24LIVE (http://dirtysouthimprov.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40), but he forgot that he'd even read it until I mentioned it a couple months ago.
PPS: Damn. I'm a shameless self-promoter even in tribute threads.

Zack Bly
April 16, 2004, 07:07 AM
I remember during a chips deal at Hamilton 100 (and by deal I mean practice) Mr. Uncle J. Skull (that's his new name, folks) walked in to the back of the room because apparently there was supposed to be some meeting for transfer students in that room later that night and some schedules had been misprinted.

After I told him about the show he wound up coming to every single improv event I can think of forever afterward.

Now that's dedication, people. J. Skull, the O.G. Improviser. O for "awesome" and G for....uh..."gcommitted."

CohenFridge
April 16, 2004, 02:20 PM
Jeff is the only person to ever compliment me on the size of my package.

And he's incredibly awesome and sweet and deserves a lot of affection from everyone.

He's like a big sweet teddy bear...with leather pants on...and fake eyebrows on his glasses...seeing as this teddy bear obviously has glasses on. Yes...excellent!

Give Sizzle a Big Hug the Next Time You See Him,
Bryan

hueypriest
April 16, 2004, 06:25 PM
Having once refered to Jeff as the "Battle Axe of DarK Justice" i still feel this moniker is appropriate...i'm picturing Jeff as Lance Ito in full supreme court robe wiedling this two-handed Axe and decapitating the jury for deliberating too long and then belting out curses in Japanese (b/c jeff speaks japanese.)

But after deeper reflection, I instead picture Jeff as an 18th century frontiersman. Blazing his own fur trapping and game hunting routes in the Northwest territory, he would wield a Cap and Ball Colt and no one would fuck with him. Periodically, Frontier Jeff would perform midnight shows for all the inhabitants of the forrest: foxes and grizzly bears and brown bats and wolverines and warring indian tribes, and they would all gather around with jugs of moonshine or fresh kills and he would entertain them for hours with kick ass improv.

Andi
April 26, 2004, 09:39 PM
http://www.goetschius.com/andrea/jeff%20as%20fairy%20godmother.jpg

Jeff grants all your improv wishes!

ilaughatme
April 26, 2004, 10:08 PM
Woah. That is kickass, Andi.

Yeah, so I know this dude named Jeff. He's stellar. We watch the hippies in the Pit and laugh. Those hippies. Then we realize that we're like totally hippies, too, and we say "We rock. Rock on, hippies, rock on!"

Jeff is also on The Code with me. If any of you fuckers know what it means to rock, then you know what it means to be on The Code with Jeff.

Jeff Sconce
April 27, 2004, 12:14 AM
I'm so...pretty!

I didn't post on this earlier because I didn't want to look like a vain asshole. I really need to say, though, that I have never in all my life felt so...appreciated!
Thank you, one and all. You've made two semesters of 4 mile hikes every weekend more than worth while. When I need to be strong, I have you, my friends, to fortify my spirit. Nothing I can ever say can truly express my gratitude and pride in having you guys.
*sniffle* Oh...when I get emotional, my grammar goes to hell...*sob*

Much Love-
Sizzle

KatyJack
January 18, 2005, 07:34 PM
i found this thread while doing a search for another thread. i think it deserves a resurrection. dont you?

PT
January 18, 2005, 09:31 PM
YES.

Lisa P
January 18, 2005, 10:40 PM
I think this thread should be a sticky!

suzmacimprov
January 19, 2005, 06:36 AM
Early Valentine for Jeff:

Jeff, I always look forward to playing improv with you. Adjectives that come to mind to describe your creative style: irrepressible (did I spell that right?), unique, generous, honest--willing to show all different sides of your creativity and experiment with the unknown (our "light side" and "dark side", our inner saint and sinner, our inner virgin and slut, our inner teddy bear and our sadist...), memorable, brilliant, wonderful, etc. I look forward to playing with you in future teams and classes. Have a great day!

Your pal, Suzanne

Andrew
January 19, 2005, 01:11 PM
I sat next to Sizzle a couple of times at I.I. before ever really meeting him. He was quiet, gave one word responses, shrugged his shoulders and held his arms in tight to his body in a little ball, and let his hair cover his face so he wouldn't have to look people directly in the eyes. When he showed up in our 101 class, "I was like - hey there's that shy kid...doing improv?"

Man, I would never have guessed what a kind (though devious at times) and hilarious soul resides beneath shy exterior. I can't even believe that Sizzle is that same guy I thought I had pegged.

Few people can make me laugh as hard.

hueypriest
January 19, 2005, 01:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/hueypriest/jsizzle1.jpg

Kit's Alter Ego
August 28, 2005, 07:54 PM
Remember the four people who've gotten "Appreciation Threads" on the DSI Forums?

Without them, DSI wouldn't have that Spark.

Let's give them all a hand and our compliments.

--Kit