PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you can't sleep?

KatyJack
April 8, 2004, 01:20 AM
well, i post on message boards, in hopes that someone will offer me sage advice that will send me off to dreamland instantly.

other than that, how do you get yourself to sleep when your body seems to have other plans?

ilaughatme
April 8, 2004, 01:36 AM
Masturbation.

PT
April 8, 2004, 03:14 AM
Cece Wrote:

Masturbation.

With that, I think this thread has ended.

EthanK
April 8, 2004, 07:00 AM
When CeCe Garcia touches herself, the saints cry.

http://saints.oca.org/IconDirectory/xsm/march/0322.Saints-of-Mar22.jpg

CoreyBrown
April 8, 2004, 07:39 AM
Didnt work Cece.

Im still up and I hurt. Effing tried and true saying...if at first you don't succeed. B.S.!

melanie
April 8, 2004, 02:30 PM
I recommend this exercise:

http://www.holistic-online.com/Yoga/hol_yoga_pos_spinalroll.htm

Repeat as often as necessary.

It's lots of fun; it will make your back feel happy; it will wake you up in the morning and put you to sleep at night.

Enjoy!

PT
April 8, 2004, 02:35 PM
I recommend this exercise:

Repeat as often as necessary.

It's lots of fun; it will make your back feel happy; it will wake you up in the morning and put you to sleep at night.

Enjoy!

So..................Masturbation?!

melanie
April 8, 2004, 02:49 PM
PT, the yoga spinal roll exercise doesn't usually excite me to that degree, but if it works for you...enjoy!

Kit's Alter Ego
April 8, 2004, 02:51 PM
http://www.holistic-online.com/Yoga/images/spinal_rock.GIFhttp://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/ilaughatme/March_009.jpg

Ah, the wonder of loosely following directions.

--Kit

Conklin
April 8, 2004, 11:42 PM
This requires a massive amount of discipline. You have to want it badly. Start reading Pamela by Samuel Richardson. Do not stop until you are asleep. When you finish that book after a couple months, move on to Richardson's Clarissa.

-christopher.

jillybee72
April 9, 2004, 01:33 AM
I never want to sleep, why should I have to sleep? It makes me so m-a-a-a-a-d!! You're not the boss of me, boss of me lady!! You can't make me go to bed! I don't care if I'm not alert to do your little office nonsense all day long! Grrr!!! Never bed! Never surrender!!

EthanK
April 9, 2004, 10:06 AM
Huck don't wear no shoes.

Zack Bly
April 9, 2004, 10:36 AM
I find that whenever I want to go to bed but cannot, I start doing something that I would really LIKE to do, that way I'm not upset about being up too late but then tiredness sneaks up on me and steals me away in the middle of something I enjoy doing....

So it's really not that great of a substitute, it's just trading one sort of frustration for another. But I happen to prefer it to the alternative because you're trading an impotent sort of frustration for something more constructive....

p.s. I love ellipses

PT
April 9, 2004, 02:33 PM
I go to bed when the sun comes up, then I wake up when the suns still up, I am alive both during the day and night. I do this mostly to screw with God's plan, think about, it wants us to go to bed at night, thats why it created night!

Kit's Alter Ego
April 9, 2004, 04:40 PM
But it also created the Graveyard Shift, so...

--Kit

jillybee72
April 14, 2004, 01:34 AM
I can't sleep because I'm all stressed out about finding an apartment. I'm so stupid. Why so last minute, why?

And I really shouldn't be on the computer because the owner of this AOL account is probably trying to get online right now.

And I should be asleep. Work comes soon and then looking at apartments and talking to grownups. I might cry a little. Someone tell me it's okay.

EthanK
April 14, 2004, 06:58 AM
I wanted to post on this forum the other night when I couldn't get to sleep at all and finally did so at about 4AM when Andi came home. I was hoping really hard that if I just lay in bed long enough with my eyes closed my body would see that as the state I was supposed to be in and go for it, but my body wasn't really going for that. That being said, I did not take CeCe's advice and the saints did not cry.

CoreyBrown
April 14, 2004, 07:55 AM
I count Jill Bernards jumping over apartments.

Conklin
April 15, 2004, 09:46 AM
last night i laid on my back and played word association games. it didn't put me to sleep, however.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 15, 2004, 11:01 AM
Cool! I thought I was the only one who played word association games to pass the time while insomnia is trying to get me to battle it.

Even better is solving crossword puzzles without looking at the Across clues. Plus it helps prevent Alzheimers. No joke.

Oh, but what I usually do to actually combat not-being-able-to-fall-asleep is drink a lot of caffeine and snack foods (usually sugar-ridden) and just deprive my body of sleep by staying awake. I find that the problem usually solves itself.

--Kit

PS: Not recommended for use before classes where the teacher throws desk supplies at dozing students.
PPS: ...especially if you're a deep sleeper.
PPPS: ...and a bleeder.