PDA

View Full Version : Cinco De Mustache

Dave Ries
April 6, 2004, 11:17 AM
Ladies* and Gentleman,
If you haven't already, it is time to start growing your facial hair for the glorious celebration of Cinco De Mustache.
This holiday originated from a saxaphone player in the band Less Than Jake. During a radio interview in college, LTJ invited myself and my co-DJ to spread the word of Cinco De Mustache. This was in 1998. Since then, the tradition has spread to those who know if it's existence.

Grow a beard or goatee or whatever you like, BUT on May 5th, it must be trimmed down to a mustache. The more ridiculous, the better because, as we know, not everyone can pull off wearing a mustache. except for Tom Selleck.

http://tomselleck.tv-website.com/images/pic_selleck.jpg

*Ladies may of course pencil in, or computer generate on a picture a mustache on May 5th. Unless of course, you really can grow one.

EthanK
April 6, 2004, 11:19 AM
Dave, you will need to post a picture of you with a God-awful moustache. Wish I could, but alas, I'm performing at a big show at the end of April that I have to look my best at, which means no sloppy handlebars for me.

CoreyBrown
April 6, 2004, 11:36 AM
I actually can't grow a full beard or mustache.

Dave Ries
April 6, 2004, 11:40 AM
Corey, please see the * section of the first post. :P

Ethan, I was in the same predicament last year. Couldn't grow one because I had to look presentable. It happens. Good luck with the April show!!!

EthanK
April 6, 2004, 11:44 AM
I got the old band back together! PT and I are heading up to NY State to rock out with Pethan and my old group Pirate Theater. My hope is PT will bring many cameras again!

Kit's Alter Ego
April 6, 2004, 12:28 PM
Corey, you can use one of my Mustache-A-Days, which I purchased at Cameron's. I claim another, and one has been used, so that leaves four more for anybody who wants them.

http://www.mcphee.com/pixlarge/10484.jpg

--Kit

CoreyBrown
April 6, 2004, 12:59 PM
I'm not a girl and I don't play with girl things like pens.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 6, 2004, 01:03 PM
...but you'll use a mustache, right?

--Kit

CoreyBrown
April 6, 2004, 01:06 PM
LOOK on that picture Kit.

What gender is the person on the left using it????

I rest.

Ben Moser
April 6, 2004, 01:15 PM
I don't know if I can live with myself if I begin celebrating something Less Than Jake created.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 6, 2004, 01:23 PM
LOOK on that picture Kit.

What gender is the person on the left using it????

If you mean the person in the center, female.
If you mean the person on the box (as in, the recommended gender for product usage), then male.

I rest.

--Kit

CoreyBrown
April 6, 2004, 01:36 PM
Person in the center. Clearly is a woman using a fake mustache.

And the man on the right has his own mustache and beard that he grew. So obviously the fakes are used by women.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 6, 2004, 01:43 PM
That woman is obviously removing the mustache after the crazy man on the right placed it on her.

In other words, women don't want to wear these mustaches and only an insane person would say that the mustaches are for women. However, even insane people are allowed mustaches; I'll be sure to bring you one the next time I see you.

--Kit

CoreyBrown
April 6, 2004, 01:57 PM
Kit

Im bigger than you.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 6, 2004, 02:08 PM
...and therefore less womanly, and therefore more of a candidate for a Stylish Mustache.

--Kit

PS: Pushing this issue could be a big Must-Ache.

CoreyBrown
April 6, 2004, 02:15 PM
http://chessy.novusopiate.com/bartleby.gif

Dave Ries
April 6, 2004, 02:35 PM
I don't know if I can live with myself if I begin celebrating something Less Than Jake created.

It was their old saxaphone player. From back when they were a cool ska band and still kind of underground. Anything they put out now I won't listen to because it's poppy bullshit.

Anyway, it was a college thing...we didn't focus on the Less Than Jake aspect. It was just fun doing something out of the norm. Currently I have a goatee that I've been getting compliments on (including from my wife). Half the fun is seeing the shocked faces when you no longer have it after a month. Or if they see you with the fu-manchu or whatever style you sport. Then you get to explain Cinco De Mustache, and they look at you like you smoke crack.

Lisa P
April 6, 2004, 02:41 PM
<--- Check out my avatar. I'm ready to celebrate!

Dave Ries
April 6, 2004, 02:53 PM
Nice!

Ben Moser
April 6, 2004, 04:38 PM
In light of new information, I am officially on board with this idea.

Dave Ries
April 28, 2004, 12:35 PM
One week left until Cinco De Mustache. Feel free to post pictures of your 'stache on the 5th. If you feel like you've missed your opportunity, Nonsense. 7 days is long enough to at least grow a shadow mustache. Now I just have to find a simple, free website that hosts pictures. Any suggestions?

ilaughatme
April 28, 2004, 02:08 PM
Kit recommended to me photobucket.com and I have been happy with them thus far.

Dave Ries
April 28, 2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 28, 2004, 04:18 PM
I should be a spokesperson.

--Kit

PS: Hi, I'm Kit FitzSimons for WWW.PHOTOBUCKET.COM.
Do you like getting and giving gifs? But the sites you try to post them on give them the bmp? Then try photobucket, the revolutionary way to keep your online image spotless by keeping your online images together. It's totally free, with no more required information than the name of your album and a valid e-mail address. Direct/hot linking is allowed, and each user is guaranteed 2,500 megs bandwidth per month (~70,000 hits) and 100 megs disk space (~2,500 pictures). And best of all, photobucket won't cut your links off like most free photo album sites. Try it today!

Photobucket: For when those other free picture-hosting sites just don't hold water.