PDA

View Full Version : All-Nighter

ilaughatme
April 6, 2004, 12:12 AM
Okay, guys! I'm pulling an all-nighter! If you want to visit me, I'll be in the Class of 2000 Lounge in the UNC Student Union! Yay! If you have recommendations, please tell me anything! It can be recommendations on staying up late or getting the most work out or how to have an efficient bathroom break.

jillybee72
April 6, 2004, 12:35 AM
Go fight win!
Take some short jogs down the hallway periodically to reengage your legs!

Andi
April 6, 2004, 12:42 AM
Andi's late night advice:
1. Keep plenty of high-protein snacks at the ready. It is important to feed yourself; staying up all night takes lots of energy! Protein-energy lasts longer than sugar energy.
2. Use caffeine wisely. If you caffeinate too quickly, it'll lose its effectiveness when you really need it. (see #4)
3. Make sure you take stretching breaks -- hunching over a computer for too long will make your back hurt.
4. If your head starts to spin while you're sitting still, you lose your balance, or in any other way begin to feel drunk, CAFFEINATE. I find that drinking a can of diet coke with lime and snacking on pistachios will help make this feeling go away; it'll take about 20 minutes to kick in though.
5. At some point you will have to go to sleep. Hopefully you can plan this to not coincide with a big crit/test/whatever y'all non-design majors have.

Good luck! :wink:

ilaughatme
April 6, 2004, 01:41 AM
Thanks a bunch, Andi and Jill!