PDA

View Full Version : Close to setting the online users record

L'il G
April 5, 2004, 11:26 AM
Eight people are currently on the boards. We had nine a minute ago.

I didn't just jinx things, did I?

Kit's Alter Ego
April 5, 2004, 12:11 PM
Let me put it this way:

When the world was created, it was formed by committee. Now, many will raise an objection here since there are so many Creation tales that center around one Creator. However, none of these Creators was truly alone; each was merely the cosmic equivalent of a member of the PTA.

There was nothing but a void at the beginning, which caused considerable problems for the Cosmic PTA's open discussions, as there was no medium to carry their speeches in. In order to combat this, the Cosmic PTA got together one as-of-yet unnamed time-location (hereafter referred to as 'evening after dropping the kids at soccer practice') to create the universe, and, by extension, the world.

Now, there obviously could be no discussion as to the specifications of the universe; after all, if they could have discussed that, they wouldn't need a universe in the first place. So, each CPM (Cosmic PTA Member) went about its creative business at its own pace in its own way. Thus, their combined efforts resulted in something ineffable, some undescribeable, something...well, something, basically. It was the universe: a lot of raisin-like worlds sticking out of the oatmeal of space, swirled to spread out the cinnamon taste and set aside for a moment to cool off a bit.

Several difficulties appeared immediately: first and foremost, who was going to take the blame when the unavoidable inhabitants of this universe realized that the edges didn't quite fit? It was no good claiming human or mechanical error, since the CPMs had no machines and were most assuredly not human. "Que sera sera" was batted about for a while as an all-purpose explanation (It was, after all, the phrase that performed the actual creation), but it was in French, and none of the CPMs wanted to be assumed to be a francophile.

In fact, the question became even more desperate when a great deal of the PCMs turned up missing (Literally. They sent in absentee ballots, and so still counted towards a quorum). This only led to even more fierce bouts of fingerpointing; there were less PCMs physically present at meetings, and, therefore, each member received a greater number of points. It was, in fact, very much like watching people drop out of the race for an elected office; nobody still running cared about throwing dirt at those who were no longer a threat.

A few PCMs soon found that they were the most convenient scapegoats and, in desperation, they attempted to convince the absentee Creators to return, to once again weaken the pressure on any one PCM. These lobbies fell on deaf ears, for no PCM, once out of the heat, wanted to return to the kitchen. Weak excuses were sometimes made, but more often, no response would come at all; there was no need to further press the issue when, really, nobody would care but the pathetic attendance-takers. In time, they said, the desperate blamees would tire of fighting and let the issue pass on to the lesser courts, those of the worlds below.

\\===========\\

It is the same with DSI Forums. Sort of. Pick and choose which parts are allegorical and which are improper translations of the original Chaldean. Switch pronouns as necessary and when you've got that done, nail the result to the door of my house, and someone will stone you shortly.

--Kit

Lisa P
April 5, 2004, 12:48 PM
Shhhh. Nobody say anything.

Ross White
April 5, 2004, 03:57 PM
Andi, Callie, EthanK, jillybee72, Kit's Alter Ego, Meljo, ooh my geez, Ross White, stardustsparklin... all of those people were on at record time...

Kit's Alter Ego
April 5, 2004, 04:06 PM
People thought they could do it while I was in class, but they were foolish! Due to the Forum being an hour behind, I had already gotten out of class! Ha! The forces of "Kit-makes-snarky-comments-so-much-that-we-should-show-him-who's-the-boss" have FAILED!

--Tony, Angela, and Mona

Jeff Sconce
April 6, 2004, 02:58 PM
OMG! The record post count got SERVED! Can we ever beat 13?