April 3, 2004, 02:09 PM
Best Australian Animal - vote!

CoreyBrown
April 3, 2004, 03:30 PM
LOL!

ilaughatme
April 3, 2004, 04:08 PM
Go, go, KOALA!

I think it's also appropriate to say here that I love dingos. They are fun dogs. Also, it's also appropriate to make a Seinfeld reference in "Maybe the DINGO ate your BABY!"

Ben Moser
April 3, 2004, 05:01 PM
Honestly, can any animal match my sheer power and cuddliness combination?

EthanK
April 4, 2004, 09:32 AM
Curse you, CeCe Garcia. You made the Dingo Ate the Baby joke before I got the chance to and that was the first thing I thought of when I read Jill's first post. Thanks Jill, for posting such a great poll and thanks CeCe for RUINING MY DAY!

bah!

Zack Bly
April 4, 2004, 03:46 PM
Also, it's also appropriate to make a Seinfeld reference in "Maybe the DINGO ate your BABY!"

Q: uh, wasn't this from Crocodile Dundee?

A: (after a frantic google search) whoops, i guess not. sorry folks. back about your business.

Lisa P
April 4, 2004, 04:53 PM
Haha, go ahead, Ethan. You tell it.

Gutenburg
April 4, 2004, 04:58 PM
"Also, it's also appropriate to make a Seinfeld reference in "Maybe the DINGO ate your BABY!"

Actually the quote comes from the 1980s classic A Cry in the Dark. The frightening story of a woman accused of killing her baby, when she contests that it was carried off by dingos. Hence the line, "HELP! A dingo ate my baby!!!" Sam Neil and Merryl Streep at their finest.

Not because it's important or anything, I just want everyone to have this useless trivia in their heads. [/quote]

EthanK
April 4, 2004, 05:54 PM
AGAIN! Someone beats me to the punch AGAIN! Henry, you are most correct with your Cry in the Dark reference. When I posted this morning, berating CeCe, I was going to make a reference to Cry in the Dark. But I figured that sometimes I come off as being a little too free with my cultural literacy and that may reflect badly on me. In fact I told Lisa about this at lunch and she urged me to post on the board anyway. BUT AGAIN I am defeated!

I'll just go spouting off my cultural literacy somewhere else. Where they love me.

Gutenburg
April 4, 2004, 09:18 PM
Great! Now I came off as being a little too free with my cultural literacy, and it has reflected badly on me! Seriously though, I once yelled "STELLA" at a party and some dudeguy said, "Heh, Seinfeld called and wants his joke back!" And I really wanted to say, "You are a sad idiot! Go straight to the Theatre!" But he would have killed me.

jillybee72
April 4, 2004, 10:38 PM
If koalas beat Ben Moser I shall be sorely disappointed.

ilaughatme
April 4, 2004, 11:39 PM
Go, KOALAS!!! GO, GO, KOALAS!

Ben Moser
April 5, 2004, 12:33 AM
Words cannot do service to exactly how betrayed I feel by this pro koala sentiment from CeCe. If, when you see me next, you notice that my smile seems to be forced and that I seem to be fighting back saddness...well, we all know who to blame for it.

Then again, it may not be personal towards me. Rather, CeCe could just want sorely to dissappoint Jill. And for that, she should still feel the sting of everyone's harsh judgement.

EthanK
April 5, 2004, 07:00 AM
Come on wombat! Come on wom....eh, whatever. Wombat never was much of a contender.

Zack Bly
April 5, 2004, 07:43 AM
Come on wombat! Come on wom....eh, whatever. Wombat never was much of a contender.
(sigh) more of a contender than emu.

http://www.burtonsbamboogarden.com/garden/emu.jpg
>squawk<

oh, i know you're disappointed, marlene. c'mon, let's go.

(the two walk off into the blazing australian sunset, towards ayers rock, together)

ilaughatme
April 5, 2004, 08:05 AM
Neither, Ben, neither. I'm just sticking with my original vote.