PDA

View Full Version : TONY'S PONY : Final Show!!!!!

Dave Siegel
April 1, 2004, 12:29 PM
On Friday, April 9th, Tony's Pony will take the stage at "Inside Improv" for the last time as a DSi House Team. Management has decided to dissolve the team and re-cast members on new and existing teams. The Pony may continue in some form or another, but no one knows when/if we'll perform at Inside Improv again.

We have a lot of great memories as a team, but NOTHING tops the warm and rowdy welcome you folks gave us at DSIF. We hope to recapture that atmosphere next friday, pack the house and blow the roof off that ice cream shop.

So bring a friend, bring two. Come watch the Pony rock out one last time!

EthanK
April 1, 2004, 12:41 PM
I'm going to cry.

wait, I'm hosting. DAMMIT. CAN'T CRY!!!!

Ben Moser
April 1, 2004, 01:04 PM
Ethan, I think you crying would be a hilarious hosting bit.

This Good Friday, Tony's Pony dies for your sins.

Come witness the Passion of the Pony.

PT
April 1, 2004, 01:33 PM
Tony's Pony will live forever, in the heart of children, in the heart of animals born free, you've touched only the purest of hearts.

Purest of hearts meaning that I believe that the elderly and the Zoo animals are disgusting fowl creatures and have no pure hearts.

TONY'S PONY WEEHOOO!

EthanK
April 1, 2004, 02:09 PM
Ethan, I think you crying would be a hilarious hosting bit.

This Good Friday, Tony's Pony dies for your sins.

Come witness the Passion of the Pony.

For this to work you'd have to give an unscheduled performance on Sunday. BA-DUM!

KatyJack
April 1, 2004, 02:33 PM
wow. a jew hosting 'the passion'. and by hosting, i mean contributing to the death of tonys pony. funny that.

EthanK
April 1, 2004, 03:04 PM
Katy, you're forgetting the words of Jesus Himself:

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

ilaughatme
April 1, 2004, 03:07 PM
That's Obi-Wan Kenobi, stupidhead.

Zack Bly
April 1, 2004, 03:12 PM
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

does that mean that tonys pony members will appear in hologrammy blue phantasm form and give advice to future house team members? 'cause that'd be touching....

oh pony, i'll miss you.

Ross White
April 1, 2004, 03:35 PM
I suppose one thing that should be clarified is that members of Tony's Pony will be cast onto existing or new teams with Sunday's auditions. They haven't been cast into some sort of creepy improv purgatory. Team changes are actually pretty frequent with DSI so far, and while this is the first time that an existing team has been split up to feed into other teams, it's not the first time that performers have moved from one team to another.

I think Tony's Pony was a real milestone for DSI-- the first team composed entirely of graduates of the DSI program! So, Tony's Pony will always have that distinction, and when DSI is 500 strong, and there are like 9 house teams and 30 independent teams about town, people will whisper and point at Ben, CeCe, Dave, Diana, Eric, Lyda, Pete, and Pablo and say, "He/She was on Tony's Pony. I heard they did the best show of anyone at DSIF 4. I wish I'd seen them then, because the team that he/she is on now is AWESOME." It'll be like they are living legends. Which, of course, they are.

The part about the best show at DSIF 4 will be correct.

EthanK
April 1, 2004, 03:40 PM
No, Cece, I believe you are confused. Maybe you're thinking of "Ben" Christ who sometimes went by the name Obi-Wan. Jesus, considered the first casualty in the Rebellion's war against the Empire (the Roman Empire) was a great teacher, as evidenced in this passage from the Bible where he teaches Luke, a disciple and eventual evangelist.

A New Hope 4:13:

Jesus: I suggest you try it again, Luke. This time, let go your conscious self and act on instinct.

Luke: With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am
I supposed to fight?

Jesus: Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them.

Also, the Lord's prayer:
"Help Me, Jesus, you're my only hope."

Anyway, the point is that I've already written most of my bits for that show but since this is a momentous occasion I am going to re-work things a little bit for the final show. Not to say that it will all make perfect sense, but I'll try. I have a week and a half to work with the material instead of 3 days this time. There will be revelry, there will be much love, many surprises, and no, I'm not making any jokes about Good Friday, the Passion of the Christ or Jesus.

ilaughatme
April 1, 2004, 03:52 PM
PLEASE ETHAN!!! MAKE LENTEN AND EASTER HOLIDAY JOKES!!!!

EthanK
April 1, 2004, 04:02 PM
Um...

Here's the deal. It's Good Friday. I plan to eat meat, curse constantly during the day, break a majority of the Ten Commandments, lust in my heart, have impure thoughts, words and deeds, perhaps touch myself in an impure manner, and eat various un-Kosher things. I'm playing a dangerous game and joking about this guy getting nailed to two morsels of lumber is reeeeeeally toeing the line.

Oh, ok, that's bullshit.

My real concern is how much mileage can I get out of jokes about Lent? I'd rather play a character and go wild with that than do stand-up about crucifixion. To err in the side of good taste, I'm not going to make Jesus jokes. I'll make it up to you Cece, if you want I'll make up a bunch and rattle them off at Ham's.

edit: there will be a guitar played.

Richard White
April 1, 2004, 04:44 PM
perhaps touch myself in an impure manner

Perhaps?

Come on.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 1, 2004, 04:50 PM
Guitar-playing during Jesus jokes?

Oh! Play "My Wife Left Me For A Guy Named Jesus (http://www.jerriblank.com/exit57.html)"! (very bottom of page)
Or "Jesus Loves You (But Not In That Way) (http://68.14.63.251:666/jynx/Jynx%20-%20Jesus%20Loves%20You.txt)"
Or "I Dream of Jesus (http://www.lyricstime.com/lyrics/55103.html)"!

I love Jesus songs.

--Kit

PS:
Napalm burns the little children.
All the little children of the world.
Black and yellow, white and red,
It explodes and they're all dead.
Napalm burns the little children of the world.

Ben Moser
April 1, 2004, 05:22 PM
As a ranking church official and Christian, I plan to make several Jesus jokes, as is Moser family tradition after attending a Tennebrae service.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 1, 2004, 09:03 PM
As a ranking church official and Christian

Really? What rank?

--Kit

ilaughatme
April 2, 2004, 12:03 AM
I apologize. You're right, Ethan. That is a very, very touchy area.

What's not touchy is how Tony's Pony last show is going to be awesome! It's generally accepted by EVERYONE!!

Ben Moser
April 2, 2004, 12:54 AM
Kit, I'm always Sgt.-at-arms. If I have a rank, that is what that rank is.

Zack Bly
April 9, 2004, 10:57 AM
T'is almost pony time.

They've made you laugh
They've made you cry
See them again
Ere they say "bye."

TONIGHT IS PONY NIGHT!

Ben Moser
April 9, 2004, 11:08 AM
Need more reasons to see the Pony?

1) Tennebrae is an entirely depressing service. So you'll need to laugh when it's over.

2) Special effects!

3) Special guests! (disclaimer: there will be only one special guest)

4) It's only 3 bucks to see the Passion of the Pony which may or may not be more historically and biblically accurate than the Passion of the Christ. You'd have to watch two and one third of an II scoop show just to get to the price of a Mel Gibson ticket.

So just go already.

DSI
April 9, 2004, 04:38 PM
Don't forget: Tony's Pony and Kevlar play at MIDNIGHT!

EthanK
April 9, 2004, 08:15 PM
Don't forget, Ethan is bringing his magical guitar that plays sweet sweet tunes to excite the eyes and ears. Last time he played Journey. What will he play this time? Find out!