PDA

View Full Version : New York question

Dave Siegel
March 29, 2004, 02:05 PM
These are my options for summer housing. Would anyone familiar with NYC please give me a suggestion as to location?

http://www.nyu.edu/summer/housing/apartment.nyu

Thanks!

Jennings
March 29, 2004, 02:49 PM
I'd stay way way away from Water Street or Cliff Street (the Financial District is DEAD at night, and a shitty commute to TDS studios), avoid anything north/east of, say, 20th St. and 3rd Ave. (unless I had no choice) and be a little wary of the Greenwich Hotel, unless you're into that whole West Village thing (but it is a good hike from any trains). All the ones on or near 14th Street or Union Square would be awesome, even if it gets a little Starbucksy, because you'd have a perfect commute to anywhere. My personal pick would be Second Street, nestled in the East Village/Lower East Side, great nightlife, incredible food, one of my favorite areas. The commute wouldn't be fabulous, but hell, you're in New York, walk a little.

Dave Siegel
March 29, 2004, 03:09 PM
Scott, what would be the big pro/con breakdown between the one located between 1st and seonc aves and then the cluster around union square. What would be the advantage of being removed a few blocks up to the north and east?

Both would be fine, but I have to put one as my top preference on the app.

Dave Siegel
March 29, 2004, 03:30 PM
I ended up asking for one of 4 options pretty much in a rough circle surrounding union square...the second street choice was 70 dollars/month more expensive.