PDA

View Full Version : Where my Metallica fans at?

Jennings
March 29, 2004, 10:35 AM
I have never seen Metallica live. It has been my life-long ambition to do so.

They will be in Charlotte on Friday, April 23rd. Tickets are $55.

Who is with me?

Dave Siegel
March 29, 2004, 10:49 AM
what venue?

If its Cricket Arena, then yes. Otherwise, no.

L'il G
March 29, 2004, 10:49 AM
I'd go, Dutch boy, but everyone knows that Metallica is way overrated.

Jennings
March 29, 2004, 11:03 AM
It's at the Charlotte Coliseum, which I know nothing about, since I've only driven through Charlotte once like seven years ago.

And Metallica is certainly not overrated. Rag on Lars all you want, but those boys BRING IT.

EthanK
March 29, 2004, 11:20 AM
That's a busy weekend. Some people are going to the Oberlin festival. I thought Diplomat was playing in DC that weekend in Georgetown. PT and I will be heading up to NY to check out my old sketch group and my old band. Jessie's Girl will be coming to play Inside Improv from Richmond. And Throw Like a Girl is playing too. Everyone's going to be everywhere.

Jennings
March 29, 2004, 11:24 AM
Son of a cock! The Georgetown show!

Well... they play Norfolk the following Monday, so... no. Nevermind.

Richard White
March 29, 2004, 11:33 AM
Any band that charges more than $15 for any show is a goddamned sell out.

Jennings
March 29, 2004, 11:58 AM
"Yeah, we sold out. Every seat in the house, every place we play!"

-- Jason Newstead, former Metallica bassist

L'il G
March 29, 2004, 12:57 PM
"We need to talk.......about Metallica being overrated."

-- God

Ben Moser
March 29, 2004, 01:19 PM
I left the little Metallica fan in me to die alone the minute I bought the black album.

P.S. Jay-Z needs original ideas.

Dave Ries
March 29, 2004, 02:09 PM
P.S. Jay-Z needs original ideas.

Not to rag on Metallica or Mr. Moser's post, but in all fairness....
The original "Black Album" was by Spinal Tap. Granted, it was called "Smell The Glove", but the sleeve was entirely black. 8)
"You have to ask yourself. How much blacker could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
http://www.haro-online.com/stuff/thisiss2.jpg

I don't say anything about the Beatles "White Album" because it was actually called The Beatles - "The Beatles" but was dubbed the white album by the masses.

Yes, I am a music nerd.
And everyone knows that the best songs Metallica ever did were on "Ride The Lightning".

EthanK
March 29, 2004, 03:17 PM
I believe None More Black is also a band. But I don't have the time to check.

Zack Bly
March 29, 2004, 03:50 PM
I don't say anything about the Beatles "White Album" because it was actually called The Beatles - "The Beatles" but was dubbed the white album by the masses.

just like how weezer's "blue" and "green" albums were actually named "weezer" and "weezer," but were given their popular (and more effective) names by fans, after the colour of the background the band stands in front of on the picture on the front cover.

Jennings
March 29, 2004, 04:05 PM
Hey, everyone. Shut the hell up. If you don't want to go see Metallica with me, then shut the hell up.

ilaughatme
March 29, 2004, 04:25 PM
Jennings, I have always wanted to do that, whether it was my thread being hijacked or not.

stardustsparklin
March 30, 2004, 02:13 PM
i saw metallica at walnut creek (nka hardees pavillion or something?) many years back. it was great! just after the metallica-metallica (black) album came out. it was way worth the inflated ticket price. of course it was still much less than $55. thats pretty steep. especially, because i think their new music is crap.

- kevin

ps - the concert was sold out.
pss - ride the lightning is one of the greatest metal albums!

PT
March 30, 2004, 03:29 PM
Hey Scott, when was the last time you didn't waste your money and time?

Jennings
March 30, 2004, 03:39 PM
Hey Scott, when was the last time you didn't waste your money and time?

Ummm, your mom?

That's the standard rejoinder here, right?

Kit's Alter Ego
March 30, 2004, 04:49 PM
"Twenty past your mom" in this case.*

--Kit

*According to the 2004 Miss Manners Encyclopedia of Trash Talk and Repartee (http://dan.hersam.com/lists/books_never_written.html).