PDA

View Full Version : Softball boys and girls!

CoreyBrown
March 25, 2004, 02:47 PM
Thats right you all. I, Corey Brown, love softball. I play it every year with a bunch of old men who often times can barely run. Regardless of this fact, it is a lovely sport.

Due to my love of the game, I try to organize games at the local fields for just fun sometime. I have tons of bats and softballs, and just a few gloves. So if you all wanted to play all you need is a glove and some time, maybe even some dip to spit while out.

I will probably plan it on a Sunday afternoon sometime within the next month. If you would love to play along or at least stomach it, lemme know. If enough people show enough interest I will get a field and set it up. So!

Lets do this.

PT
March 25, 2004, 02:49 PM
OMG can I be the announcer! You need an announcer or score keeper, and that announcer is me! You need me Corey Brown, you need me!

ilaughatme
March 25, 2004, 03:06 PM
I'd like to play. I have a glove and a need to get hit in the face by a grounder that pops off the ground.

Zack Bly
March 25, 2004, 03:13 PM
OH MY GOD THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WHOLE WORLD! ! !

well maybe more than write this paper that i'm writing now.

yeah. BUT COUNT ON ME! ! ! I HAVE A GLOVE AND EVERYTHING! ! !

EthanK
March 25, 2004, 04:00 PM
I don't throw like a girl, but I hit like one. I don't have a mitt or nothing...I'm kinda unprepared...but I like getting physical in the exercise yard. Let me know a date.

Jennings
March 25, 2004, 04:18 PM
I'm down, I love to pitch, I love to play.

Maybe if someone brought a bouncy red ball, we could change it up with a little kickball for an inning or two?

Ben Moser
March 25, 2004, 04:28 PM
I would enjoy this opportunity to show what a poor athlete I am.

Oats
March 25, 2004, 05:39 PM
I'll play

Dave Siegel
March 25, 2004, 07:11 PM
Need someone to eat peanuts, drink beer and talk smack during games?

...after those three skills my softball ability drops of precipitously.

However if anyone needs a schooling in tennis, I'm your man.

Zach
March 25, 2004, 07:53 PM
Maybe if someone brought a bouncy red ball, we could change it up with a little kickball for an inning or two?
Kickball!

See everyone in a week from today. If there happens to be a "ball" game next weekend sometime, I'd be down. I have the House Team meeting at 3pm on Saturday and auditions from Noon until 4pm on Sunday.

But let me know.

Sliders... not just White Castle $.29 hamburgers.

KatyJack
March 25, 2004, 09:12 PM
YMCA longhorns- 1997 league champions. and who was there star shortstop? yeah, you bet i was!

L'il G
March 25, 2004, 10:43 PM
I'm a softball supa-stah! So, I'm down.

Also, I'll take your "schooling" in tennis, Siegel.

CohenFridge
March 25, 2004, 10:45 PM
YMCA longhorns- 1997 league champions. and who was there star shortstop? yeah, you bet i was!

They let girls play sports?

EthanK
March 25, 2004, 11:15 PM
Remember when women's sports were laughable parodies of real men's sports? And that they weren't paid crap and had to be insulted from the stands on a daily basis? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

ilaughatme
March 25, 2004, 11:51 PM
I am still laughing from your post Ethan. Pepperidge Farms remembers. HILARIOUS!

KatyJack
March 26, 2004, 07:32 AM

They let girls play sports?

they let girls play before the jews, cohen.