PDA

View Full Version : CHiPs show?

Ross White
October 13, 2003, 07:47 AM
I just found this... I'm planning on being there!

Expressions After Dark
10:00 PM
Hamilton Hall, Room 100
The Chapel Hill Players (CHiPs), UNCís premiere improv comedy group, and the Ebony Readers Onyx Theater (E-ROT), a Black Student Movement group presenting expressive poetry, team up for a night of laughs and thought.

Zach
October 13, 2003, 10:58 AM
Expressions After Dark

The Chapel Hill Players (CHiPs), UNCís premiere improv comedy group, and the Ebony Readers Onyx Theater (E-ROT), a Black Student Movement group presenting expressive poetry, team up for a night of laughs and thought.

bam!

Poetry Night.... what?!

ilaughatme
October 14, 2003, 10:38 PM
Hells yeah. We're doing it up with E-ROT. Check it out for free. We do twenty minutes then they do forty minutes then we do twenty minutes. It's CRAZY!!! It's also TOLERANT, DIVERSE, and CELEBRATORY OF OUR DIFFERENCES AND SIMILARITIES!!!

Ross White
October 15, 2003, 10:02 AM
It's tomorrow night! Somehow my original post failed to identify that as a Thursday, October 16 show!

Kit's Alter Ego
October 19, 2003, 09:12 PM
By the way, and completely belatedly:
This show was awesome. Just. Rocked the unified world.

Any improv show that can make the entire 2/3 of the audience apparently there solely for theatrical presentation of racial-awareness poetry...well, that's an improv show not to miss.

--Kit

PS: Zack does look like a hobbit sometimes. :)

Jeff Sconce
October 20, 2003, 06:00 PM
I concur with Kit. The show rocked out loud. I don't know if improv is something E-ROT does regularly, but what they did was impressive too. They handled it like pros.