PDA

View Full Version : premiere of documentary film april 4th

hueypriest
March 22, 2004, 07:20 PM
I spent a good part of 2003 working on a full length documentary about country music super-outlaw David Allan Coe...and it is finally premiering (as a rough cut) at the Full Frame documentary festival in Durham.

It will be shown on sunday April 4th @ 3:30pm in the Durham Arts Council's PSI theater.

The film, like DAC is very captivating and controversial, and it won't be like your typical documentary.

thanks. god bless america.

-erik

http://www.fullframefest.org/2004intheworks.cfm

from the full frame synopsis:
"Field of Stone
(Directed by Shambhavi Kaul.)
David Allan Coe is now one of the last remaining country musicians recognized as emerging from the “outlaw movement” with such famous contemporaries as Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings and George Jones. He himself is most famous for singing that quintessential hard country song, You Never Even Called Me By My Name. He is also a tattoo-covered ex-con, arguably one of the hardest of all hard country musicians. Now 64, he continues to tour a hectic schedule. Field Of Stone is both an observational and impressionistic portrait of this aging outlaw. Once part of a notorious bike club, Coe reached the height of his own infamy when he released the "underground albums" which shocked as well as thrilled audiences with their overtly sexist and racist lyrics"

Richard White
March 28, 2004, 07:12 PM
Dude, your cool quotient, though I thought it couldn't be any higher, just shot up dramatically.

David Allen Coe is a goddamned genius. "Fuckin' the Butt" is an amzaing piece of lyrical mastery, as is "Little Susie Shallow Throat".