PDA

View Full Version : V-Bulletin Issues - please post here

Zach
December 18, 2005, 10:04 PM
KPR has helped us move everything over from phpBB to V-Bulletin (a new message board software which DSI purchased for a couple reasons; easier to administer, less likely to be hacked, etc). Most of you will recognize the software from the IRC. We are doing our best to manage the shift and will be updating the style soon. In the meantime, please post any questions or issues you have here.

-- group permission
-- private forums missing

Thanks,
theWARDEN

andrewH
December 18, 2005, 10:14 PM
The clock is off by about 5 hours. The private forum is also an issue.

Ross White
December 18, 2005, 10:19 PM
You can set the clock for your own time zone. Click User CP and edit your options.

Here's a real issue, tho... bbcode for images is off, at least for signature files.

Lisa P
December 19, 2005, 01:01 AM
I can't seem to post my avatar. What's up with that?

This is awesome, by the way. Thanks!

CoreyBrown
December 19, 2005, 07:59 AM
I lost like 600 posts!

kprobbins
December 19, 2005, 10:09 AM
Is that your post count or the actual posts? Because all of the post counts are recalculated during the import session.

TedHobgood
December 19, 2005, 10:39 AM
1. I can't find an option to load an avatar. I did load a profile picture, thinking that might show up in my posts like an avatar, but it is indeed merely a profile picture. On the avatar page, there is just a radio button reading "do not use an avatar", and buttons labelled "save changes" and "reset fields". There doesn't appear to be a way to actually add an avatar.

2. I read the statement about the company forums in another post. Just for the record, I can't see any of the company forums. I usually can see the main DSI Company Member Forum and the ComedySportz Forum. (According to my profile, I'm not a member of any Group Memberships--perhaps that's the problem.)

3. On a mac using Firefox, I can post just fine, but cannot reply to or quote from posts. When I try that, the regular screen comes up, but the input fields will not react to the keyboard. I can *select* text, so it recognizes the mouse, but it ignores the keyboard. I haven't had a chance to test it in Safari yet.

ooh my geez
December 19, 2005, 09:08 PM
so how did you load an avatar, ted? because i see you were successful in your efforts.

and i, as well, do not see a Company forum nor a Community Bike forum.

TedHobgood
December 19, 2005, 09:21 PM
so how did you load an avatar, ted? because i see you were successful in your efforts.
It's very weird; the Avatar section of the Control Panel ("User CP") was as described in my post earlier today, with just the "do not use an avatar", "save changes", and "reset fields" items. Then Kit called me later in the day to help me with it, and when I checked the Control Panel then, the avatar page had an additional section that wasn't there before, that let you either select an image off the web or off your hard drive as an avatar.

I'm not sure if it's something an adminstrator added, or if the system finally got around to adding me, or what, but there was no option before and there is an option now. Try checking your User CP again, and see if the avatar selector has magically appeared. If not, post back here and let Zach know.

Zach
December 20, 2005, 08:30 AM
I am working on the private forum permissions.

The usergroups all got moved over but everyone on them ended up as a secondary user, so noone has permission to see the forums. Problem is we have to move everyone over individually... there's no "make ALL secondary users become primary users" function for groups in the admin panel.

As of right now, the only thing that could be absolutely necessary would be if you needed to know the staffing/performing schedule for Friday. Let me know if you need this (please call rather than PM).

Leaving Chicago in a few minutes and should be able to work on this tonight and tomorrow.

By the way.... DSI Chicago says hello. Maybe someday the whole company can have a big holiday party somewhere warm, with fruity drinks (banana monkey) served on an island bar. And fresh guacamole.

Zach

Lisa P
December 21, 2005, 08:13 AM
1. I can't find an option to load an avatar. I did load a profile picture, thinking that might show up in my posts like an avatar, but it is indeed merely a profile picture. On the avatar page, there is just a radio button reading "do not use an avatar", and buttons labelled "save changes" and "reset fields". There doesn't appear to be a way to actually add an avatar.I was having this same problem, but now I don't even see any avatar options at all. I miss my avatar! How will I know who I am?

kprobbins
December 21, 2005, 09:28 AM
Hi folks,

After better figuring out how this system works, I have made the necessary adjustment to the usergroups so you can do the avatar thing, the private forums thing, etc. If all is good now, let us know here. If there are still some problems, let us know here. Zach might need to create a new usergroup or two for some of the team forums, etc.

Zach
December 21, 2005, 09:42 AM
Hi folks,

After better figuring out how this system works, I have made the necessary adjustment to the usergroups so you can do the avatar thing, the private forums thing, etc. If all is good now, let us know here. If there are still some problems, let us know here. Zach might need to create a new usergroup or two for some of the team forums, etc.
Word.

I'll be creating a usergroup for Commy Bike and TOS later today.

Thanks and Merry Xmas.

Zach

Zach
December 21, 2005, 10:30 PM
Word.

I'll be creating a usergroup for Commy Bike and TOS later today.

Thanks and Merry Xmas.

Zach
Can people see the forums yet? Hard to test as admin.

Jennings
December 21, 2005, 10:41 PM
I see no special secret forums.

Conklin
December 22, 2005, 02:01 AM
Can people see the forums yet? Hard to test as admin.
I can't see the private forums, although I can access them if I link directly to them.

Lisa P
December 22, 2005, 08:31 AM
I still can't see the company or TTB! forums.

ooh my geez
December 22, 2005, 08:49 AM
no commy bike/ company forum for me either

Conklin
December 22, 2005, 09:05 AM
if you jump from the last message in a forum back to the main page, the forum you just finished reading still thinks there is an unread message. if you jump from the message, back to the forum, back to the main page everything looks like it should. minor annoyance.

This is true on the IRC also. It might be a quirk of V-bulletin that there isn't really any control over on the user end.

TedHobgood
December 26, 2005, 06:24 PM
Just checking in; I still can't see the Company or ComedySportz forums, and wanted to check in on the upcoming work schedule.

Lisa P
December 26, 2005, 07:31 PM
Just checking in; I still can't see the Company or ComedySportz forums, and wanted to check in on the upcoming work schedule.If you click on your name anywhere to get to your profile, and then click on "Find all posts by Ted Hobgood", you'll be able to get to your posts in the private forum and then to the forum itself at the top of the page.

Commonwealth Kid
December 26, 2005, 10:10 PM
still can't see the Company or ComedySportz forums

Same here.

Have I been terminated for too much fleeba flobba?

KatyJack
December 26, 2005, 11:52 PM
http://forums.dsicomedytheater.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

This link works for me (only if you have an account that can access it)

TedHobgood
December 27, 2005, 10:21 AM
http://forums.dsicomedytheater.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

This link works for me (only if you have an account that can access it)
Ah. I get a message saying I have no permission to view that forum. I am unclean.

I'm guessing permissions still need to be set by Zach, and as he said, there is no way to do it en masse--he has to set every person's permissions individually. A daunting task indeed.

Conklin
December 28, 2005, 11:25 AM
Not so much an issue as a quirk: when someone votes in a poll, it treats that vote like a new post in terms of the time displayed for last post and the chronological listing on the main forum page. Also, it highlights the thread as if someone had posted. At least in my book, vote ≠ post.

ETA: Although the poll vote will bump something to the top of the forum, that thread does not seem to appear on the main forums page.

tommyb
December 30, 2005, 08:17 AM
Anyone have an idea why most of us have reverted to being DSI Friends?

:-( I wanna be a Maniac again :-(

Ross White
December 30, 2005, 10:06 AM
I deleted all of the custom user ranks, which were just annoying, and left a default user title. But if you edit your profile, you can set a custom user title!

Conklin
January 16, 2006, 09:51 AM
This isn't a v-bulletin issue so much as a general website issue, but the upcoming classes box is popping up smack dab in the middle of the calendar.

Ben Moser
March 20, 2006, 01:44 PM
I don't know if you know this, but I can see the new Harold team forums. I shouldn't be able to do that, unless you wanted me to spy on them.

Which I doubt.

TedHobgood
March 20, 2006, 02:18 PM
I too am spying on them. I'm hoping to catch them taking a shower or something.

Zach
March 20, 2006, 03:17 PM
PLEASE POST YOUR USERNAME AND FORUMS THAT YOU SHOULD SEE

Name:
Username:
Forums:

EXAMPLE

Zach Ward
Zach
Mister Diplomat, ComedySportz

If you can see everything you should, post "Woo-hoo!" and whatever else you like.

If you can see things you shouldn't at all or simply no longer should, please be kind enough to help us straighten out the permissions.

If you have any other issues, let us know here. I have been working on the boards for a couple hours now (most of the time teaching myself vBulletin) and am taking a break until tomorrow. I think the sub-forums will help organize and clean up the message board surfing for a lot of people. If you have any ideas about how things could be organized or forums that you would like to see (as if we really need more), please send me a PM and I can now easily make that happen.

ryloc
March 20, 2006, 03:42 PM
Ryan Locante
ryloc
Community Bike, ComedySportz, Mister Diplomat

(only have access to commybike)

Roonie
March 20, 2006, 03:44 PM
Bret Runestad
Roonie
Mister Diplomat, Team Y

TedHobgood
March 20, 2006, 03:49 PM
Name: Ted
Username: TedHobgood
Forums: ComedySportz, Match Game

WOOHOO!

Lisa P
March 20, 2006, 04:02 PM
Name: Lisa Palmisano
Username: Lisa P
Forums: ComedySportz

I cannot see the ComedySportz forum. This makes me sad. So instead of Woo Hoo, I'll post Boo Hoo.

Thank you for working so hard on this today. It's been fun checking in and seeing all the changes.

tommyb
March 20, 2006, 04:35 PM
Name: Tommy Barbour
User Name:tommyb
Forum(s): ComedySportz

andrewH
March 20, 2006, 05:43 PM
Andrew Hibbard
AndrewH
Team X (I think), General DSI Co.

Lisa P
March 20, 2006, 06:33 PM
Name: Lisa Palmisano
Username: Lisa P
Forums: ComedySportz

I cannot see the ComedySportz forum. This makes me sad. So instead of Woo Hoo, I'll post Boo Hoo.

Thank you for working so hard on this today. It's been fun checking in and seeing all the changes.Woo Hoo! Now I can see the forum. My frown is turned upside down. Thanks!

nyladnama
March 20, 2006, 11:07 PM
NAME: AMANDA DORICH
USER NAME: NYLADNAMA
FORUMS: COMEDYSPORTZ, TEAM Y

Thanks Zach!

PT
March 21, 2006, 01:59 AM
PT is hot.
PT
Match Game, PTSIAM Secret Secret Forum

So I cant see Team X's.

Ben Birken
March 21, 2006, 10:53 AM
Ben Birken
Ben Birken
Match Game

Dave Siegel
March 26, 2006, 09:40 AM
Dave Siegel

Harold Team X forum

sarah
March 26, 2006, 09:50 AM
Sarah Jane Eldred
sarah
Harold Team X

Jason Quinn
March 26, 2006, 09:55 AM
Name: Jason Quinn
Username: Jason Quinn
Forums: ComedySportz, Match Game, Harold Team Y

(Missing Harold Team Y)

Zach
April 3, 2006, 02:50 PM
AFTER A COUPLE WEEKS....

Is everyone where they need to be? Please continue to update me if not.

Dave Siegel
April 4, 2006, 10:51 AM
DAVE SIEGEL still needs access to the "Team X" forum, if it exists.

PT
April 4, 2006, 02:57 PM
Unless Match Game will ever return to the theater, I don't need to see it anymore.

TedHobgood
April 4, 2006, 03:09 PM
Unless Match Game will ever return to the theater, I don't need to see it anymore.
Never say never.

Oh, you didn't. Cool.

Dave Siegel
April 6, 2006, 05:04 PM
I still need access to the "Team X" forum, please.

Edward
March 5, 2007, 11:12 AM
I need access to the comedy sportz forum, so I can check theatre dues, schedules and so on.