PDA

View Full Version : ABC Audition Roundtable

Ross White
March 17, 2004, 09:58 AM
February 24, 2004

As part of its ongoing effort to find and develop talent, the ABC Entertainment Television Groupís is looking to extend its search outside of Los Angeles, New York & Chicago to tap into a pool of talent to include in our Casting Project featuring promising actors.

An extensive auditioning process takes place and is narrowed down during callbacks to the top 10-20 actors who are then selected to participate in our Casting Project. The Casting Project features a multi-ethnic and multi-faceted cast, including performers with disabilities.

Casting directors, agents and other industry professionals are invited to watch these promising performers in scenes to be directed by seasoned directors.,

This ABC program began with a conception back in February 2001, which turned out to be huge success. This program is unique because it introduces a diverse group of actors to exposure that may help accelerate their careers, as well as ad diversity to television programming.

In its third year of existence, the Casting Project has set an industry standard for creating opportunities and cultivating new talent. The majority of previous showcase participants were given the opportunity to audition for ABC (and other networksí) pilots. Several were actually cast in primetime programs.

A
ABC ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION GROUP

As part of the ABC Entertainment Television Groupís effort to discover and develop culturally and ethnically diverse actors & talent, including those with disabilities, the Casting Project serves as the ideal forum for achieving this goal. The project provides actors with a platform to showcase their talent in front of industry professionals that can make a difference

You are cordially invited to participate in a round table discussion to learn more about The ABC Entertainment Television Groupís Casting Project & Talent Development Scholarship Grant Programs.

Please RSVP by Tuesday MARCH 23 via e-mail (randi.l.chugerman@abc.com) or call 818-460-7891.

ABC TALENT SHOWCASE MEETING

WHEN: THURSDAY APRIL 1ST, 2004
11:30AM-130PM

411 Liberty Street
Durham, NC 27701

Sign in by security.

suzmacimprov
March 22, 2004, 01:19 PM
Hey Ross,
Thanks for posting this: I have forwarded it on to various contacts, including a disabled actress I know.

As for me, I will be out of town from March 25--April 5.

DSI rocks!!

--Suzanne