PDA

View Full Version : DSI NCAA TOURNAMENT POOL!

Jennings
March 16, 2004, 11:08 PM
While I heartily endorse and participate in Dan Kois's NCAA pool, I wanted to put something together specific to our community with no financial burden to enter -- we're playing for pride, and perhaps some small token I'll dream up later.

Everyone should enter! Whether or not you follow college basketball (and heaven knows, alls I knows I gets from Tony Kornheiser, so heaven help me), enter and fill out a bracket. Use whatever criteria you want to pick your teams, it doesn't matter -- it's fun and it give you a rooting interest in the tournament, which you wanted without even realizing. You're in North Carolina, by God!

Visit http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com to register and to fill out your bracket. Register for group #79105, the password is "weluvross".

Ross White endorses this product or event. The DSI Championship is on the line!

Jennings
March 16, 2004, 11:10 PM
P.S.: You have until 12:15pm on Thursday to get your picks in. Short notice! Don't lollygag!

Ross White
March 17, 2004, 06:42 AM
I'll be quite clear-- this is going to be fun, but you're a nincompoop if you miss out on Dan and Alia's pool.

Jennings
March 17, 2004, 10:44 AM
Yeah yeah, do Dan and Alia's pool, and do a bracket here, too. Do the same bracket, I don't care -- I've got one bracket that I enter in all my pools (because it's correct), I don't go in for this "always bet on Creighton" nonsense. And they just got bounced from the NIT, so eat it, Creighton!

I've got an ACC team in the Final Four... and it ain't Duke. And it sure as hell ain't UNC. Oh, SNAP!

Kit's in!

Kit's Alter Ego
March 17, 2004, 11:35 AM
I didn't even use a humorous but convoluted strategy to click my picks; I just went by gut instinct.
Even the Law of Averages says that I probably won't get any right!

--Kit

PS: Hmph. Pessimists of the world will never unite.

CoreyBrown
March 17, 2004, 11:40 AM
Timberwolves in 4

KatyJack
March 17, 2004, 02:04 PM
i went by mascots. i plan on winning all of your pride.

L'il G
March 17, 2004, 02:17 PM
I'm going to beat you all so bad that you'll feel like giving me $5 each after it's all over.

Winner

Kit's Alter Ego
March 17, 2004, 03:53 PM
I'm going to beat you all so bad that you'll feel like giving me $5 each after it's all over.

Winner

If by "Winner" you mean "Stepfather."

--Kit

PS: I lose more allowance that way.

Jennings
March 18, 2004, 08:55 AM
Two hours left to get in on this!

I'll be sorely disappointed if the DSI Championship is to be settled with just five people.

It's free! It's easy! It's fun! You can use whatever meaningless criteria you want, and no one cares! 'Cause I'm going to win no matter what!

KatyJack
March 18, 2004, 03:08 PM
im winning!

L'il G
March 18, 2004, 03:13 PM
im winning!

Yeah, well, wait until South Carolina loses in the first round. Then you're sca-rewed.

KatyJack
March 18, 2004, 03:23 PM
who cares? im winning now.

KatyJack
March 18, 2004, 11:25 PM
and now i have no prayer of winning. good teams need better mascots.

Jennings
April 5, 2004, 10:22 PM
Final DSI score:

Jennings: some number
Smack Talky McGee: some smaller number

DSI Champion: Jennings
DSI Loser: Smack Talky McGee

L'il G
April 6, 2004, 02:41 PM
Harumph.