PDA

View Full Version : vintage CHiPs shirts for barter! ! ! wow L@@K at THIS! ! ! !

Zack Bly
March 16, 2004, 05:25 PM
so i was cleaning through the wreckage that was my apartment that's now at my mom's work in chapel hill and i came upon TWO (2) spring 2003 season "official" CHiPs jerseys (t-shirts), in sizes ADULT SMALL and YOUTH LARGE. for those who may not know, CHiPs (http://www.unc.edu/chips) is unc's premier improv and sketch comedy team. the shirts are a tasteful black, with the official spring 2003 season CHiPs logo (picture) (http://www.unc.edu/~billc/images/chips_logo.jpg) displayed proudly on the front with SPARKLY GOLD INK. they've already been washed once, so i don't feel comfortable selling them outright; but i have no compunction about bartering for them. so, if you've got some useful skill that might benefit me or some trifling thing that you don't want anymore but i might and you would like to get a youth large or an adult small CHiPs shirt, respond to this message NO EARLIER than WEDNESDAY NIGHT at MIDNIGHT. trade can be arranged at I.I. or other appropriate venue.

first come first served. all trades final. caveat emptor. don't hate me.

Ross White
March 16, 2004, 05:48 PM
I still, after all this time, await a size XL CHiPs shirt with that design on it.

Are you reading this, Bill Cochran?

Zack Bly
March 18, 2004, 10:06 AM
still two HIGHLY AWESOME chips shirts available...c'mon people, you can give me anything for them. make me a friggin' sandwich some time. teach me a song on the piano. buy me an ice cream cone. anything. anything. i need the space in my dresser, people.

did i mention that they have not been worn and they have been through the laundry one time only? did i mention the FANTASTIC SPARKLY GOLD INK? did i not post a picture to the logo? it's a steal, folks!

ilaughatme
March 18, 2004, 10:47 AM
I own one of these shirts, people, and, let me tell you, it has made my life better. I almost want to barter with Zack for another one. Just because bartering is cool and Zack Bly is even cooler. I just don't want to be selfish with the goods.

But if worse comes to worse, I'll barter with you for one for my sisters.

Yes, they can share one shirt. The shirts are that cool.

L'il G
March 18, 2004, 11:04 AM
I'll barter with you for one of your sisters, CeCe.

Dibs on the young one.

Kit's Alter Ego
March 18, 2004, 11:19 AM
When I bought my CHiPs shirt, Zack Bly had me give a testimonial to the line waiting to get in to the show. Don't miss out on these opportunities, people. Life is all about the minute-to-minute pleasures.

--Kit

PS: Today's theme: Waxing Philosophical.

Callie
March 18, 2004, 01:27 PM
I'm offering not two, but THREE high fives and, for a limited time, a very firm handshake in exchange for a youth large shirt.

And if you wrangle me, I'll consider an ice cream.

CoreyBrown
March 18, 2004, 02:32 PM

Dibs on the young one.

Oh G.....ummmm wow

Zack Bly
March 18, 2004, 02:38 PM
I'm offering not two, but THREE high fives and, for a limited time, a very firm handshake in exchange for a youth large shirt.

YOUTH LARGE ON HOLD PENDING DEFINITION OF "WRANGLE"

Small, anyone?

p.s. no, kit fitzsimmons, not dictionary.com's definition!

ilaughatme
March 18, 2004, 02:42 PM

Dibs on the young one.

She's ten. What exactly do you want her for G?

L'il G
March 18, 2004, 02:46 PM

Dibs on the young one.

She's ten. What exactly do you want her for G?

Oh, no....not THAT young one (I forgot that you had an even younger sister)!

ilaughatme
March 18, 2004, 02:46 PM
I have three. And two stepsisters. And a stepbrother.

L'il G
March 18, 2004, 03:12 PM
I have three. And two stepsisters. And a stepbrother.

Holy crap!

Well, ummm, the hot one that's about 16.

How many of those are there?

And Zack, I'll trade you a UNC win over Air Force for the adult small.

Kit's Alter Ego
March 18, 2004, 04:09 PM

YOUTH LARGE ON HOLD PENDING DEFINITION OF "WRANGLE"

p.s. no, kit fitzsimons, not dictionary.com's definition!

Wran'-gle (rain-gull) 1. v. To wear comfortable jeans.
2. (slang) v. To force someone to wear a pair of jeans,
usually ones they do not own.

--Kit

PS: Ohhhhh. Now I understand. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=definition)