PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is 30 cent wing day at B-Dubs

Jennings
March 15, 2004, 11:25 AM
We're CHANGING IT UP, people! You've told me you're busy on Wednesdays, you've told me you don't like dark meat. Well, the day is yours on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, all who are free at the lunching hour will go to B-Dubs on Franklin for wings, and pay just 30 cents for each one. Local girls, burly burly cowboys, so many sauces, you understand how second beats work by now.

So yes, tomorrow, noon-??? (or 1pm), B-Dubs, Franklin, cheap wings, good times, CeCe is invited.

BE THERE.

CoreyBrown
March 15, 2004, 02:49 PM
CeCe does love some wings.
http://chessy.novusopiate.com/cece.jpg

ilaughatme
March 15, 2004, 05:53 PM
That is frightening.

jillybee72
March 15, 2004, 10:57 PM
Please mail me a wing as I cannot attend:

Jill Bernard
PO Box 2376
Minneapolis MN 55402

Dave Siegel
March 16, 2004, 01:27 AM
So on wednesday shall we not eat chicken legs? I for one was looking forward to it. Leg day has remained consistently dominant over wing day ever since they changed it from the roll of your tongue "25 cent tuesday" to this new 30 cent bs.

So for those who still want to eat legs, I'm game.

Jennings
March 16, 2004, 09:59 AM
I will also eat legs on Wednesday, since I'm a carrrrrrrrrnivore.

But in about an hour, I'm going to eat way too many wings.

What's the American record for wings? Don't know. I know my personal best is 36, but I wasn't even pushing myself that night, I just ate enough to brush off this jobroni who challenged me in a dusty redneck bar in Sodus, NY. Will I set a new American record today?

BE THERE!

CoreyBrown
March 16, 2004, 10:22 AM
I think I won't be there this time. Got stuff to do that I need to leave work by 4:00, so that means lunch at my desk for me.

Good luck.

Dave Ries
March 16, 2004, 11:36 AM
What's the American record for wings? Don't know. I know my personal best is 36...

There is this place in Sharon, PA called Quaker Steak and Lube. It's about 20 minutes or so from my hometown, so we would go a lot. It's still in my opinion the place to go for the best wings in the U.S. (they won contests years running).
In college, a few buddies and me would take a road trip there every once in a while on their all you can eat wing Tuesdays. It was only $8. I remember one time that we had at least 60 wings a piece...well, we lost count after that. Then again, after drinking 3 $1.50 half pitchers of beer you can't really tell if you're full anymore.
I no longer have that power or tolerance level.

More power to you, Scott...more power!

Dave Siegel
March 16, 2004, 06:43 PM
What time does leg eating commence on wednesdays?

Anyone who plans on eating lunch tommorow should seriously jump on this. For TWO BUCKS you can get 4 giant, tender chicken legs in whatever savory sauce you choose!

Gen. W. T. Sherman
March 16, 2004, 07:52 PM
whatever savory sauce you choose!
How about vegetarian?

Jennings
March 16, 2004, 09:57 PM
Noon is the lunching hour. Vegetarians can check their principles at the door.