PDA

View Full Version : TJ Monkey's Show Tonight

Roonie
March 12, 2004, 01:13 PM
Hey dudes, everybody check out TJ Monkey's tonight at Inside Improv. It's gonna be awesome. Porter and I are going to be showcasing hilarious characters developed from his Advanced Character Workshop.
Characters include:
1. Guy who's afraid of water.
2. Guy who's allergic to water.
3. Guy who hates water.

Don't be a mook*. Come to the show. Tonight at 11.

*by mook, I'm referring to the term that Porter just made up sitting on my couch, not any racial slur that might exist without our knowledge. The correct use of the term is along the lines of "I don't know why JJ Redick is dribbling the ball like a mook."

CoreyBrown
March 12, 2004, 01:27 PM
Those are some very serious character choices you two are going to make. I'm excited to see if you two can seriously pull those off. I tried to drink water in a sceen once and I failed, so I'm hot all over with the thoughts of what might happen.

Good luck TJ monkeys.

Good luck indeed.

L'il G
March 12, 2004, 01:47 PM
What about:

4. Guy who's afraid of waiter.
5. Guy who's allergic to waiter.
6. Guy who hates waiter.

I overheard you guys talking about these characters. Ya'll weren't just improv cock-teasing me, were you?

T.J. Monkey's rocks!

Porter Mason
March 12, 2004, 02:04 PM
Guys, I beg of you: don't try crazy character development like this at home. Water-based characters should only be attempted after taken DSI Level 45,0994-L (taught by Scott Jennings and God).

I also beg of you: see the show!

Jennings
March 12, 2004, 02:33 PM
DSI Level 45,0994-L (taught by Scott Jennings and God).

Prerequisites: DSI Level Eleventy-Billion, a soul untainted by Original Sin

L'il G
March 12, 2004, 02:35 PM

Prerequisites: DSI Level Eleventy-Billion, a soul untainted by Original Sin

"Original Sin," as in, the Antonio Banderas/Angelina Jolie sex romp?

And is Jennings teaching the class in conjunction with God, or are there two different sections?

Roonie
March 12, 2004, 02:39 PM
There will be future shows and plenty of time to dip into the dangerous, but beatiful ocean of waiter-based characters. I shouldn't have to remind you of this, but it should be pointed out that any of these characters may or may not have a lisp.

Also, if at any point during the show Porter or I call something or someone a mook (the word that Porter made up today) it will be officially classified as a brilliant improv moment. We will not be intentionally inserting the word into the show. If at any point you hear the word Mook, feel free to stand up and start a slow clap.

L'il G
March 12, 2004, 02:42 PM
Best thread ever.

CohenFridge
March 12, 2004, 02:45 PM

Do me and Ethan K get discounts for being Jews...a.k.a. the Chosen People?

PS: Isn't this kind of like proselytizing?

Porter Mason
March 12, 2004, 02:46 PM
And is Jennings teaching the class in conjunction with God, or are there two different sections?

Jennings is teaching, but he has to miss two of the classes to ruin another car and then buy another used one, so God is subbing in. God will hopefully be teaching some Level 1's though, this summer.

CohenFridge
March 12, 2004, 02:55 PM
Jennings is teaching, but he has to miss two of the classes to ruin another car and then buy another used one, so God is subbing in. God will hopefully be teaching some Level 1's though, this summer.

Isn't that transubstantiation?

Jennings
March 12, 2004, 05:27 PM
Isn't that transubstantiation?

Actually, I believe it's antidistranssubstatiation.

Porter Mason
March 12, 2004, 06:22 PM
Either way, God is great, and a great improviser, and gives great scenework notes.

Though he can, on occasion, get a little holier-than-thou.

ZING.

See T.J. Monkey's.