PDA

View Full Version : Save the date: Sunday, 3/14/2004

Jennings
March 3, 2004, 12:33 PM
The Showcase of the Immortals...

Where It All Begins Again...

Live from the World's Most Famous Arena, the sold-out Madison Square Garden...

TRIPLE H vs. SHAWN MICHAELS vs. CHRIS BENOIT for the World Heavyweight Championship
EDDY GUERRERO vs. KURT ANGLE for the WWE Championship
JOHN CENA vs. THE BIG SHOW for the United States Championship
BROCK LESNAR vs. GOLDBERG with special referee "STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN
KANE vs. THE UNDERTAKER
MICK FOLEY and THE ROCK vs. "THE NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR, RANDY ORTON, and BATISTA

...and much much more!

Sunday, March 14th.
7pm - midnight.
Me and Austin's place.
$5 suggested donation (to defray PPV cost).
BYOB.

You do not want to miss this if you have a pulse and a penis. And maybe even if you're missing one or the other, you'd still want to come. The World Title match is going to be beautiful, and the WWE Title match is also going to be beautiful. So much... beauty.

E-mail me for directions and the phone number, if you need them.

CoreyBrown
March 3, 2004, 12:45 PM
POST your predictions on who is going to win!

TRIPLE H vs. SHAWN MICHAELS vs. CHRIS BENOIT for the World Heavyweight Championship
EDDY GUERRERO vs. KURT ANGLE for the WWE Championship
JOHN CENA vs. THE BIG SHOW for the United States Championship
BROCK LESNAR vs. GOLDBERG with special referee "STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN
KANE vs. THE UNDERTAKER
MICK FOLEY and THE ROCK vs. "THE NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR, RANDY ORTON, and BATISTA

Triple H will gain the title back
Angle will win the WWE Championship
Cena for the US Championship (Come on, he is due)
Goldberg over Brock
Undertaker HANDS DOWN!
Mick Foley + Rock to win! WITH AN AMAZING TURN AROUND rock and sock connection!

Kit's Alter Ego
March 3, 2004, 12:55 PM
So, for those of us who have only recently realized the error of their WWE-ignorant ways, will there be a Cheat Sheet of alliances and enmities? Or will there be snobbish down-nose-looking and lots of scoffing? Or is it expected that we should prepare for this event by cramming online?

If the last one, who's up for a group study session? And if the answer's nobody, can somebody lend me their course outline and in-class notes?

--Kit

PS: I hear you have furniture now.
http://www.awcable.com/images/ww_all_stars/nwa_tna/table2.jpg
Not for long.

L'il G
March 3, 2004, 01:28 PM
So, for those of us who have only recently realized the error of their WWE-ignorant ways, will there be a Cheat Sheet of alliances and enmities? Or will there be snobbish down-nose-looking and lots of scoffing? Or is it expected that we should prepare for this event by cramming online?

If the last one, who's up for a group study session? And if the answer's nobody, can somebody lend me their course outline and in-class notes?

--Kit

PS: I hear you have furniture now.
http://www.awcable.com/images/ww_all_stars/nwa_tna/table2.jpg
Not for long.

Post of the Day!

Unofficially.

Jennings
March 3, 2004, 02:19 PM
Kit, you've inspired me to write a "Super Bowl For Chicks" style Wrestlemania crib sheet. Probably in a week or so, once the card gets finalized.

Stay tuned!

Ben Moser
March 3, 2004, 05:46 PM
Calling Bret Hart a chump gets you an ass-whupin' where I'm from.

The World and WWE title matches will be beautiful...but the match that will steal this show is...

CHRIS JERICHO vs. CHRISTIAN - VITAMIN C EXPLODES!!!

Dave Siegel
March 4, 2004, 12:43 AM
Mick Foley returns to the ring?!?!?

I thought he had hung up his boots for good! My brief adventure with professional wrestling had pretty much wrapped up after I graduated high school, but hell I think I need to make a ONE TIME ONLY return.

I'll even offer to make my special patented "Dave Siegel's Gonna Make Your Tongue Molest Your Tonsils" guacamole.

Jeff Sconce
March 4, 2004, 02:02 PM
In Japanese, our professor asked us what sports are popular in North Carolina (North Carolina de wa nani o supotsu ga nanki desu ka?), and I replied "Wrestling", and she just laughed and laughed and laughed.

Jennings
March 4, 2004, 02:32 PM
That's unusual. Pro wrestling (puro resu) is HUGE in Japan. The audience isn't raucous at all, they sit politely and clap for the impressive parts. It's hilarious.

Ben Moser
March 10, 2004, 09:10 AM
Ooooo. So soon I can taste it. I say the Spanish Announcers' table eats it at 3 hours, 2 minutes, and 42 seconds into the show.

Jennings
March 10, 2004, 09:32 AM
Remind me to switch to Spanish audio when the table is about to get it.

"Aye! No! No! Necesitamos una mesa para nuestro trabajo! Por favor! Por que, Dios, por que?"

dunford
March 11, 2004, 06:29 AM
Remind me to switch to Spanish audio when the table is about to get it.

"Aye! No! No! Necesitamos una mesa para nuestro trabajo! Por favor! Por que, Dios, por que?"

This made me laugh out loud.

Watching wrestling with Jennings is a joy.

Shit, watching any kind of sporting event with Jennings is a joy. Y'all should go out to a Durham Bulls ballgame and set him loose, and watch as magic unfurls.

I once saw an incensed Yankee fan throw beer on him for rooting too hard for the TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS.

Anyway, back to wrasslin'.

Jennings
March 13, 2004, 01:29 PM
The primer has just been posted to my website: http://www.jenningsrampage.com -- I hope it helps. I'll answer any questions I can.

Tomorrow at 7pm! Be there! If you need directions, e-mail me ASAP or ask me tonight.

Lisa P
March 13, 2004, 05:30 PM
Thank you, Scott. That was quite an impressive document. I guess I'll have to attend now that you've gone to all that trouble.

Tom McCudden
March 13, 2004, 10:06 PM
That's a scarily impressive collection of info on wrestlers... This is obviously a big deal, which makes it all the more ... intriguing that I can't bring myself to watch. It's either a protest against the glorification of cheap stylized violence, or an almost dizzying degree of cultural snobbery. Probably the snobbery, as I suggested to Scott last night. Plus those guys look like such losers with their jerri-curl hairdos and the tights....

Jennings
March 14, 2004, 01:27 AM
Directions to my place:

Take the US 15-501 South exit towards Pittsboro. Continue ~4 miles until you see a Phillips 66 gas station on your right, and the next light will be Smith Level Road. Continue on 15-501, and the third right after the light will be Woodbridge Dr. The address is 3A Woodbridge Dr, it's the third driveway on the right.

If you get lost, call 338-8160.