PDA

View Full Version : Thank you.

Zach
October 10, 2005, 01:37 PM
I cannot express to everyone how much I appreciate all the things people have done to help the DSI Comedy Theater become a reality after only 16 months home in North Carolina.

Thanks to everyone for the incredible dedication to the study of the art, the promotion of our theater, and the respect for improvisation as a positive way to play, work, and live. Having the theater open this weekend was honestly a dream come true, and a goal I have been pushing towards for a long time. I saw an unreal work ethic paid back. DSI has become a very big deal. Now, I work to keep it that way, for you, to honor your investment, to create new and bigger opportunities, to push the DSI brand even further on a national level, and to continue growing the DSI Comedy Theater, the humble prince with his loading dock entrance, as a REAL home for its company.

Thank you.

Zach
April 23, 2007, 03:05 PM
I just turned 30. Wow. A lot has changed since I signed a lease for the DSI Comedy Theater space, Summer 2005. Even with people leaving the Theater and moving to new cities, DSI has kept growing. We have welcomed an incredible number of amazing people into the company since we opened more than a year ago (expanding our space to include a Training Center studio, producing 2 festivals and our annual Comedy Marathon at our new HQ).

DSI as a performance space remains a home and artistic outlet for people who want to treat it like a home and support it in Carrboro, North Carolina.

DSI as an organization continues to support its company and the local improv community by exposing the public to improvisation and alternative comedy, by actively participating in the arts community so that the public and local administration can't ignore the impact of improvisation and local comedy as an artform that will only become more relevant, and by looking for ways to support our community of artists, connecting like-minded people and providing opportunities for them to successfully realize their artistic talent, short-term and long-term goals.

Respect each other and support each other like family.

Yes, And.

Thank you.

Zach
May 27, 2010, 11:10 PM
“Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.” — Bill Cosby

http://zachward.com/2010/05/decide-you-want-it/

I graduated Carolina 1999, moved to Chicago 2000, came home to North Carolina 2004 and opened DSI Comedy Theater 16 months later, a theater that celebrates 5 years October 2010.

Thank you for being a part of the DSI community.

Decide what YOU want, Decide that you WANT it, and let me know how I can help you do it.