PDA

View Full Version : Submit Funny Films to FLICKER

Ross White
October 2, 2003, 01:28 PM
Hey guys,

I'm working on a project with Jen Ashlock, a totally awesome gal who runs FLICKER at the Cat's Cradle. Specifically, we're looking to have a night of the best comedy shorts from FLICKER. I don't know if y'all are making films, but if you are, FLICKER is the place to get them shown!

If you know of any folks that have films, just have them send stuff to Jen at:

Flicker c/o Jen Ashlock
P.O. Box 141
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Stuff must originate on film somehow and be 15 minutes long or less. Flicker can't take anything that originated on digital video or VHS. It's got
to come from film somehow. They haven't any submission fees. That's really it - they'll show anything that fits into our 2 guidelines.

Next show: October 27 at the Cat's Cradle

http://www.flickerfestival.com

Jennings
October 2, 2003, 01:59 PM
No DV at all?

Maybe I'm missing something. Why would someone want to put that kind of restriction on submissions? And if it's the usual reasons, how silly is that?

Ross White
October 2, 2003, 02:01 PM
It's a celebration of film! Super 8, 16 mm, FILM, Jennings, FILM!

Jennings
October 2, 2003, 02:03 PM
Ok, so I checked out their website, and it's what I figured. I don't know if they mean to be elitist and exclusive, but they're being pretty elitist and exclusive.

When I was a kid, I was rabid about Amiga computers, then I got over it and moved on to better technology.

I still actually know nothing about this festival other than what I'm imagining.

Jennings
October 2, 2003, 02:06 PM
You're all cordially invited to my celebration of the phonograph, the stock ticker, Keysesian economics, the teletype, and creationism. Had to combine them all, conflicting schedules and stuff.

I'm such a widdle prick!

Kit's Alter Ego
October 2, 2003, 02:49 PM
You're all cordially invited to my celebration of the phonograph, the stock ticker, Keysesian economics, the teletype, and creationism.

What, no red-and-yellow rectangles, Campbell's soup cans or segmented cows at all?

--Kit "neoclassicist" FitzSimons

PS: Keysesian (kee-ZEE-zhun) Economics: n. System of economics dealing with fiscal policy as relates to current Safe Deposit Box security measures and the price of valet parking

CoreyBrown
October 2, 2003, 03:13 PM
I've got a copy of suburbanites that would rock the world!