PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday is 50 cent leg day at B-Dubs.

Jennings
February 17, 2004, 08:20 AM
On Wednesday, we shall eat chicken legs. All who can travel to Franklin Street at the lunching hour shall eat legs with us, and pay only fifty cents for each one. Little delicate local girls can eat their fill for a mere dollar, and burly burly cowboys can fill their metaphoric saddlebags for a few bucks or so.

Mark your calendars, for this shall be a weekly event. Taste every sauce in the B-Dub rainbow, from Mild to Blazin', with stops at Carribean Jerk, Hot BBQ, Spicy Garlic... oh, so many sauces.

Now, CeCe will wonder at this point, "I wonder if I'm invited." YES, my heavens, CeCe, YOU'RE INVITED. So is everyone else. It will be fantastic.

Meet us at noon at B-Dubs and eat until 1pm or so. In case of inclement weather, we'll try again next week, my $5 lunch coupon ain't going anywhere.

ilaughatme
February 17, 2004, 10:20 AM
Wait, so am I? Yes? You sure?

Jennings
February 18, 2004, 07:53 AM
This is ON, fools.

12pm, B-Dubs, Franklin Street. Go on in, I'll already be seated comfortably.

Who's with me, fools?

Ben Moser
February 18, 2004, 08:02 AM
I would that Benson were close to Chapel Hill. Or that Benson were in Chapel Hill. Or that such a place existed in Benson, even if I had to cross to the other side of I-95 to get to it.

I console myself with a reminder that tonight is Mug Night. No real commandments, just lots of beer and hippies.

CoreyBrown
February 18, 2004, 09:23 AM
Im SO THERE that I'll be sitting there.

Scott could you invite CeCe? I think it would be swell to have her there.

ilaughatme
February 18, 2004, 10:11 AM
I have a meeting today at noon but I will come another time.

CoreyBrown
February 18, 2004, 10:32 AM
Boooooooo0000000000ooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Invite reniged.

Zach
February 23, 2004, 11:28 PM
What up, Wednesday Feb 25th??

How's about some legs?!

TIME CHECK:

Jennings
February 23, 2004, 11:41 PM
Oh, hell yeah.

Maybe I'll try to beat my record!

ilaughatme
February 23, 2004, 11:51 PM
Still at noon?

CoreyBrown
February 24, 2004, 06:01 AM
Yes n00n.

Trivia at 12:05

CoreyBrown
February 25, 2004, 09:33 AM
HOLD UP!!!!

Wait a minute....

Uuuh ahhh...uhhh ahhh ahhh...

Let me clear my throat.

I'm gonna be eating the most fantastic lunch at 12:00. BW3 is WHAT WHAT??? its dangerous.

Jennings
February 25, 2004, 01:14 PM
Today's score:

Jon: 4 (medium)
Elias: 4 (hot BBQ)
Scott: 12 (hot BBQ) (*new American record)
Corey: some salad and a bacon cheeseburger or something
Dana: boneless wings, for some reason
Zach and CeCe: "chickened out"

I will challenge all comers, legs or wings, it doesn't matter.

CoreyBrown
February 25, 2004, 02:25 PM
*new american record

Did you actually look it up Scott? Or are you just assuming since it put a dent in your metal lining of a stomach that it must be a record. I would like to know.

This website would disagree with what I can only assume you thought the record was before. 9

http://www.chickenbox.com/news/news.php?key=2

Jennings
February 25, 2004, 07:09 PM
I put away 8 more for dinner, for a total of 20 on the day.

Is 24 in an hour really the American record? I could shatter that if I needed to.

Jennings
March 3, 2004, 09:12 AM
Doing it again today at noon... is this the day I go for a new American record? You have to be there to find out.

B-Dubs
12pm
Fitty cent legs
BE THERE.

Zack Bly
March 3, 2004, 10:21 AM
of course, i have one class that totally covers up the time slot (12.00-12.50, and by the time i get there it's already 1pm)

BOOO on EDUCATION!

jesstah
March 4, 2004, 09:18 PM
http://www.viva.tv/img/157/50cent_rot_muetze_hand157x113.jpg
50 Cent says - Quit eating my legs!

-Jesster

Jennings
March 10, 2004, 08:40 AM
Again today?

Sorry, that shouldn't have been a question. Again today!

Two hours and twenty minutes until legs... this is what I get for not eating a balanced breakfast...

BE THERE.

Jennings
March 17, 2004, 09:12 AM
Q: Scott, your wing day yesterday was a miserable failure, you were the only one who made it out for some value meat, why are you doing it again today?
A: Them legs is tasty.

Q: But Scott, weren't you also the only one at leg day last Wednesday? Doesn't that make two straight events where not even Corey, honorary assistant manager of B-Dubs, made it out?
A: I think I'm going to get Hot BBQ again today. That's my favorite sauce, I think.

Q: Scott, it's fine if you want to get there for lunch twice a week, but must you bother the rest of us with it?
A: I think I'll start with eight legs today, and work from there if I need to.

Q: Scott, is it lonely in your world?
A: One day, when I don't have to work in the afternoon on leg day, I'm going to set a new American record!

Q: All right, Scott, I hear your desperate cries for help. What time should I join you for lunch?
A: Noon.

ilaughatme
March 17, 2004, 10:34 AM
Wow, Scott, you're so pathetic you don't even have the desire to set a world record, just a measly American record.

One of these days I'll join you and pat your head condescendingly.

Jennings
March 17, 2004, 10:39 AM
The Japanese dominate the world of competitive eating. The best I could hope for is the American record.