PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself Here

Pages : [1] 2

Ross White
September 11, 2003, 01:59 PM
DSI is prominent in Chicago, Chapel Hill, New York, and at colleges across the country through our training center, DSI TourCo., and various productions. So not everyone who wanders into our message boards is bound to know each other. Introduce yourself in this thread!

Jennings
September 15, 2003, 09:39 AM
I'm Scott Jennings, and I enjoy going first.

I've been improvising for about three years now; I trained in New York with the UCBT, am an alumnus of the UCBT Harold Team "The Syndicate," and wrote for and performed in several sketch shows back in those salad days. Currently, I'm the director of the Chapel Hill DSI house teams "Mister Diplomat" and the other one that still needs a name, and I perform with Ross White in "Two Horsemen" and with Ross White, Corey Brown, and random students in "Natural Selection."

I live in Norfolk, VA, and work during the week as a systems analyst for a consulting firm doing pension plan administration. I have a BA in mathematics and economics from the University of Rochester. I'm originally from Naples, FL.

CoreyBrown
September 16, 2003, 10:16 AM
Corey Brown here

I started my career with Comedy Sportz over 5 years ago, right here in the heart of Chapel Hill. Have loved making people laugh since I was young. I'm a internet junkie and bowling crazed nutjob. I am currently one of the instructor's for DSI teaching levels 101 and 303s. I am also coaching Chapel Hill High Schools improv club.

I play with Mister Diplomat (http://www.misterdiplomat.com) and Natural Selection with Ross White and Scott Jennings. Currently in talks about forming a 2 man group that will be awesome and cuddly.

I'm known as the hottest male in DSI because of my budonka-donk.

Brian Thacker
September 16, 2003, 12:33 PM
Brian K. Thacker's the name...please wear it out. I started improv just 7 months ago. For some reason it feels as if I've done it my whole life. I love it. I am an assoicate troupe member for Comedyworx in Raleigh and have taken two classes through Dirty South Improv in Chapel Hill. My favorite part of improv is performing. I eat that shit up. There's nothing like a group of strangers laughing at something you said. So, if you think about it. I get off on other people laughing at me. Man. Freud would love to get ahold of my brain.

Peace!

Tom McCudden
September 16, 2003, 03:35 PM
My Username is Tom McCudden; my real name is Tom McCudden. I am a very boring person, the details of whose life are best left to the imgination. Imagine a fat man on a couch, channel-surfing. Wait - that's too dull. Imagine him picking off the neighbor's kids with a deer rifle. No, that's too creepy. Imagine him desperately avoiding attending to his studies by abusing the University's bandwith to post this.

I have been studying improv for about two months. I enjoy it, and the DSI people are so nice not to talk about my horrifying disfigurement in front of me.

I sometimes think that I lack the necessary enthusiasm, exuberance, and generally outgoing nature needed for this kind of endeavour, but then I tell myself "You lack the enthusiasm to go down to the Food Lion for more peanut butter, you lazy bastard," and I feel better. Exuberance sounds too feminine anyway. Real men don't emote.

I miss Warren Zevon already.

Wade Minter
September 16, 2003, 03:50 PM
H. Wade Minter here.

I've been doing the improv thang since 1998, nearly all with ComedySportz in Washington DC and Raleigh. In the past couple years, I've been concentrating more on the technical side of improv, rising as high as third-string Mr. Voice for ComedyWorx. Instead of going to improv practice, I work on my software (http://www.lunenburg.org/mrvoice/) and live vicariously through Ross White..

In real life, I'm a Unix system administrator and general geek-for-hire. Originally from the small town of Kenbridge in Southside Virginia, I'm a 1997 graduate of the College of William and Mary. I've been married since May 2001 to my high school sweetheart, and have an adorable baby (http://www.lunenburg.org/hayley/).

Lisa P
September 17, 2003, 09:40 AM
Lisa Palmisano. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Iíve been making it up as I go along pretty much since I was born, but Iíve been calling it improvising since February. Iím proud to be able to say that I am a member of the first DSI 101, 202, 303S & 303L graduating classes. Iím currently on a financially induced hiatus from classes, but Iím a hard-core addict, so Iíll be back as soon as that get rich quick scheme pays off.

I am in the ComedyWorx associate league, and I am a member of Throw Like a Girl, the team thatís about to rock DSIís world.

See you in Chapel Hill.

Dave Siegel
September 18, 2003, 01:57 AM
I'm David Siegel. I'm a junior at UNC, studying journalism and political science.

I've been doing improv with DSI since March and am on Inside Improv's unamed House Team along with being part of the Chips incubator program.

I don't care for emoticons.

I also desperately want to name our unamed team "Improvagina", which I think is Pete O'Bryan's most brilliant team name since "Penetrectum".

EthanK
September 18, 2003, 08:40 PM
Ethan Kaye, here in NC. I'm just starting out with DSI but I've done improv before. Badly and now I'm learning all the awful mistakes I make on a regular basis. In both improv...and life. Thank you, DSI, for showing me my errors.

I did about 7 years of sketch since 1995, most recently with Alfred U's Pirate Theater. Both sketch and improv are great and having done both I feel well-rounded now.

Right now I'm working at a pharmaceutical marketing firm in Durham, considering going back to school and enjoying my time off. I watch too much Mystery Science Theater and eat bad foods.

I find Robert Klein and Eddy Izzard endlessly hilarious.

Kit's Alter Ego
September 19, 2003, 01:00 AM
I'm Kit FitzSimons, and the place I drag myself home to most nights is just south of Chapel Hill, NC. I've unfortunately only done improv for the past three to four years due to naivete and obliviousness on my part. I've played with Let's Try This! at Georgia Tech, returned a few times to guest-ogre workshops for my old high school troupe, and gotten lucky enough to be a hat-pick for Natural Selestion here in CH. I've taken a DSI class, am ready for the next, and look forward each week to the next Inside Improv I'll get to see. I also lift with my legs, not with my back, and thus survive the carrying of the Inside Improv stage more than most do.

My pet project (read "life pursuit") right now is the creation of an improv company at Durham Tech, a group that is tentatively being called "Addicted To Stress" and that is looking for members as we speak! <Shameless plug that should probably go in the Plugs section!>

Dana S
September 19, 2003, 11:03 PM
Hi I'm Dana Soady.

I have a little trouble with computers so hopefully you'll forgive me if I post blank posts or start threads when I mean to start a post etc.....

Anyway, I'm a student at East Chapel Hill High. I've been doing improv since I took our school improv class last year and I've been taking classes with DSI since the beginning of the summer. They've converted me to a hardcore improv addict!

That's about it for now, except heres an emoticon for Dave :D

Pablo
September 22, 2003, 01:00 AM
Hey guys! I'm Pablo Vega.

I started out doing Improv with the Chapel Hill High School Improv Company where we pretty much tried to mimic what others did and luckily got people who were brilliant so we appeared like we knew what we were doing. One day, Zach Ward came to one of our rehearsals and taught us... and from then on I knew there was way more to improv then "Styles Replay" and "Zip Zap Zop". So I read Truth In Comedy, went to the Del Close Improv Marathon in New York where I crazily stayed up the entire 54 hours, took a bunch of DSI classes and am now playing with Tony's Pony (the formerly "not named" team which now has a name), and the high school troupe. I love doing improv, even though it's very hard for me to do, but slowly I'm improving and I owe it all to people like Zach, Ross, Corey, and Scott who are just amazingly devoted to what they do, making their students anxious to do ANYTHING the possibly can to make them smile and laugh. Seriously, i'd give my left nut to hear them say "wow, what a great scene!" cause it comes rarely :lol: They are molding an army of Improv Supertroopers and DSI will soon be the best thing since beef jerky. Hope to see you around!

ryloc
September 23, 2003, 12:29 PM
hey, my name is ryan locante. i live in chicago, and do improv. i'm connected to dsi through ross. he came to utah when i was there and coached our group, kysoff.

http://www.ryloc.com

:wink:

EDIT: i now live in nc!

CoreyBrown
September 23, 2003, 01:41 PM
"wow what a great scene"

Now gimme that ball.

Ben Moser
September 23, 2003, 04:46 PM
I'm Ben. I've played with improv on an official level for nearly four years now. I started at ComedySportz/Worx. I split time there with the DSI team Tony's Pony.

I live in Raleigh. It's nice here.

In my spare time, I enjoy freelance taxidermy.

Peter O'Bryan
September 24, 2003, 11:14 PM
I'm Pete O'Bryan, dammit.

I enjoy being me. Sometimes I'm so clever it makes my balls hurt. Sometimes I'm not quite that clever, which is just as well, for my balls' sake.

I am part of Tony's Pony, but I'm not saying which part.

Jeff Sconce
October 2, 2003, 02:16 PM
G'day, kots and koshkas. I'm Jeff, or Jeffrey, same either way. It's real horrorshow to viddy all the semi-orchestrated chaos that descends on the stages where ever DSI may end up, so I decided to enroll in intro courses here in the City of Chapels.
(I blame Thomas, Cece, Zack, Miles, Joe, and Tim specifically, with loads of help from Allan, Justin, Maddy, Billy, and David.)
I'm a biology student, because I wanna be a biologist. No pre-med for me! (No future for me period if I don't get my shit together.) I don't know what I'll do as a biologist...either do conservation work in South America (I've always wanted to see the Aribada) or engineer the first transgenic chimeric hominid product organism.
I consider myself a walking social cancer, mainly because I can't tell when my prescence is wanted or when it is irritating. If I'm not talking to you, it's probably because I'm worried about getting on your nerves.
I have the infuriating habit of developing emotional ties with people who can't possibly reciprocate.
I'm a vegetarian. I probably won't eat pizza with you, because you'll always want pepperoni, you inconsiderate bastard. The moral reasoning behind my decision to turn away from tasty meats is complicated and requires an intimate understanding of the fucked up machinations of my mind.
I have decided that nothing else about me is terribly interesting. In fact, I'm quite certain this post is annoying, so I will eventually delete most of it anyway. For more information about this and other Jeffri, please consult the local authorities.

Kit's Alter Ego
October 2, 2003, 02:58 PM
I consider myself a walking social cancer, mainly because I can't tell when my prescence is wanted or when it is irritating.

I don't believe you to be a social cancer at all; in my world, cancer knows what it's doing and loves it.

You're more of a social toddler.

--Kit "SIDS" FitzSimons

PS: I, on the other hand... :?

jesstah
October 2, 2003, 05:06 PM
I'm Jesse Parent. I have a thick neck and am from Utah, even though I was born and raised in Massachusetts. I usually go by "jesster" but when I tried to register with that name the board never sent me a confirmation so I lost it.

I have no free time and somehow manage to sneak off and perform, teach, and practice improv with about 4-5 groups out here. Shh... don't tell my wife.

I met Ross when Ryan and I formed UtahImprov and flew him out as a coach.

I have been confused for Corey Brown exactly once.

-Jesster

thor
October 2, 2003, 07:18 PM
My name is Tim CoyneSmith but I sometimes answer to Thor. It started many years ago when asked to give my name for restaurants, reservations, and other no essential reasons. Well, since my pre-married name was the rather popular, or at least fairly common Tim Smith (ask me about the name change when you have some time) I started giving the name Thor on such occasions. If they happen to ask for a last name I tell them it is godofthunder.

I live in Chapel Hill and I work for the man. I started my DSI improv training earlier this year and have worked my way through 101, 202, 303L, and 404. Will be starting up 303S with Professor Brown next week. I think the most important thing I have learned so far is that when you are having fun, it is funny Ė when you are struggling, it is usually not funny. I find that the scenes that I do are either very funny or suck big time. I need to work more on having fun. (apologies to all of my scene mates when I made some un-fun choices) My favorite improv moment was with Pablo, whom I think the world of. Pablo Ė you rock! A-ha, I found the game.

KatyJack
October 5, 2003, 07:30 PM
So, my name is Katy Jack. I'm seventeen, and I'm a senior at Leesville (in Raleigh). I work at Triangle Town Center in the Discovery Channel Store. Um...yeah. I don't know what else to say about myself. I'm Canadian, that's pretty cool. I'm boring. :?

Jeff Sconce
October 5, 2003, 10:18 PM
The Discovery Channel Store ROCKS. Jeff Corwin has a fine ass.

ilaughatme
October 7, 2003, 11:25 PM
My name is CeCe Garcia and I like this emoticon: :evil: It's a devil. In case you couldn't look at the emoticon yourself and see that, you dumbass.

Anyway, I'm a sophomore at UNC-CH. I am originally from Louisiana and have lived since the summer before my fifth grade year here in Chapel Hill, NC. Why did I stay for college? Biggest bang for my buck.

Improv... tried out for East Chapel Hill High School's improv team, Randomax. I know Jennings will LOVE that name. Did not get on. Tried out for CHiPs when I got to UNC. Did not get on. Some dude wrote me an email and told me about a fringe group on campus. Said dude is extremely annoying but I joined On The Spot (How do you like THAT name, Jennings?). We were under the tutelage of Ross White, who I have now adopted as my brother. He has likewise adopted me as his sister. Second semester, I made it into CHiPs' training program. At the end of Incubators, I got into CHiPs. So, I dumped On The Spot. I am presently in CHiPs, Throw Like A Girl, and Mister Diplomat. I also assistant coach the Incubators. Hurrah!

I am sorry for the ramble. Unlike Mike, I know nothing. And it is the wise who say they know nothing and the fools who say they know everything.

will.
October 8, 2003, 08:43 PM
i am will hackney. grr.

i am in the Chapel Hill High School Improvisational Company (Chhsic) with pabloo.

Bill Cochran
October 9, 2003, 09:51 AM
My name's Bill and about two months ago I moved to Chicago from Chapel Hill.

I fell in love with improv in North Carolina. In high school I started with CHHS Improv and CSz, at one college I helped start ASU's Noun, at the other I did CHiPs, I was part of a thoroughly decent two-man show called Choke Up, and even taught some DSI classes this past summer. Now I've moved to Chicago to work on my game and, so far, I'm loving it up here. I'm currently performing with Mission Improvable downtown, take classes at ImprovOlympic, am on a freshly minted Play Ground team and do various fuck-around projects with my fellow NC expatriates.

Improv and DSI has always given me a lot and I'm always looking to give back, so if there's anything I can ever do... just let me know.

HOLLER.

Andrew
October 10, 2003, 02:25 PM
I guess it's my turn to introduce myself to you folks with whom I haven't taken 101 - which I think at this point is pretty much limited to Zach. I love 101! I may take it again in a few weeks. It's kind of like repeating swimming lesson levels at the Red Cross to show off in front of the other kids - you may still suck, but you look like you *kind* of know what you're doing. So, here's a bio I wrote for my upcoming book "How I learned to kick a third grader's ass in kickball in less than three weeks" (Simon & Schuster).

Here goes:

Andrew spent his early years in the vast jungles of South America, where he lived among a troupe of Brazilian war monkeys. In his eighth year, the embarrassment of not having yet reached sexual maturity like most of his classmates and the realization that he would never have a prehensile tail (nor similar use of his feet) caused Andrew to leave his tropical paradise and seek the identity of his true parents. On his way North, he was swindled out of his life savings (a handful of nuts and a rotten banana) by an unethical ďCoyoteĒ in a Mexican border town who promised him safe passage across the Rio Grande. To make up for this devastating loss, Andrew found part-time work as a bat boy for the Guerreros de Oaxaca, the professional baseball team in that southern Mexican State where he met Jose ďPepeĒ Maldonado, a local drunk who convinced him that his true calling was to try his hand at improv comedy and not just sit on the sidelines picking his scabs. Thinking this was a swell idea, Andrew joined an improv team (Macho Sasquacho) in Acapulco, but mostly spent his time dancing for nickles and trying to avoid the tin cans hurled at him by his teammates. The next few years are a bit foggy, but he somehow ended up in a ditch along I-40 in North Carolina, where he still resides.

Nice to eat you all.

KatyJack
October 10, 2003, 03:25 PM
I guess it's my turn to introduce myself to you folks with whom I haven't taken 101 - which I think at this point is pretty much limited to Zach. I love 101! I may take it again in a few weeks. It's kind of like repeating swimming lesson levels at the Red Cross to show off in front of the other kids - you may still suck, but you look like you *kind* of know what you're doing.

you are such a cheater!

Kit's Alter Ego
October 10, 2003, 03:50 PM
I guess it's my turn to introduce myself to you folks with whom I haven't taken 101 - which I think at this point is pretty much limited to Zach. I love 101! I may take it again in a few weeks. It's kind of like repeating swimming lesson levels at the Red Cross to show off in front of the other kids - you may still suck, but you look like you *kind* of know what you're doing.

you are such a cheater!

I don't know...if he's willing to pay 75 dollars over and over again for the same level, that doesn't sound like any kind of cheating I know.

--Kit

PS: Well, I guess it's sort of like if you kept buying term papers online and the professor kept catching you and failing you, but here...well, he's not buying something that's already been done, he's not doing anything illegal, and he's not actually flunking anything. So, I guess I stand by my first statement.

Zach
October 10, 2003, 08:45 PM
willing to pay 75 dollars over and over again for the same level -Kit

quick aside: DSI students are always able to repeat classes at 1/2 price, when space is available.

I have yet to introduce myself. My name is Zach Ward and I am the Executive Producer of DSI. Dirty South Improv was started February 2000 when organizing DSIF (http://www.dirtysouthimprov.com/dsif). We have grown steadily over the last few years, only beginning to offer classes in North Carolina during 2003. There have been an incredible number of students that have gone through the Training Center, a class program I believe to be the most personally invested and complete improv training in North Carolina. With the growing interest in improv, DSI opened INSIDE IMPROV (http://www.dirtysouthimprov.com/inside) to give students both an outlet to perform and an example of the skills they were learning. DSI has grown to involve over 150 performers per year at DSIF and has raised money for both the IFC and the Women's Center of Chapel Hill with 24LIVE, our 24-hour improv marathon.

I am from Chapel Hill, NC. I organized the improv club at Chapel Hill High School as it exists today and co-founded CHiPs at Carolina during the Spring of 1996. I started improvising professionally with ComedySportz in Chapel Hill in 1993. Before moving to Chicago, I was the Resident Troupe director and I taught public workshops for CSz-Chapel Hill. In Chicago I studied at both ImprovOlympic and The Annoyance. Chicago shows include Harold Teams (Business Casual/Local 914/AutoRock), Dual Exhaust (CageMatch/Del Close Marathon 2002/Toronto Jamboree 2002 & 2003/CIF 2002 & 2003), Armando Diaz Evente, The Neutrino Project, ComedySportz-Chicago, THE BEATBOX, various NC teams including The Hill, and more. I am an Associate Producer for the Chicago Improv Festival (http://www.cif.com), the largest international improv festival in the world, and I am the Director of Education for ComedySportz-Chicago. I work six days and nights a week doing improv: rehearsals, shows, classes, and administration (grrrr, office work).

I love sweet tea. I love Armadillo Grill. I love my girlfriend Heather.
I love improv... and so, I love work.

a Chris
October 14, 2003, 11:20 AM
Chris Chambers ;)

I'm 19... work at Triangle Webnet in Durham, and I'm pimped out by ross every month for rent money.. uh. I'm gonna start takin classes.. Tomorrow night actually :D I'm a drummer... and i <3 cars. I just moved up here last year from Charlotte... i really dont know anyone, hope this helps me meet some people ;)

PT
October 17, 2003, 12:52 PM
Hi! My names PT and I loves me some Improv. I've been this doing Improv for a little over 2 years now. It kinda runs in my family, my Uncle was a member of a troupe called "Gotham" in NY for 10 years, back in the 70's. I visit him often and he always asked me, "Getting any?". We rarely talk about it actually. I'm currently in a 101 class with Ross has my teacher. I can tell you its fun, exciting and most of all, funny! Hopefully I'll continue into 202, and 303, if I have the money. The only reason I'd stop is if a truck flips over on the highway and it's tank is full of salt and pepper and it all gets in my face! Hey even then, I can go on stage and say, "Haaaa, my face is like that of the Kernel's secret KFC recipe! Haaa!" I've lived in Chapel Hill my whole life, it's not so bad, I've never been shot. I enjoy writting emensly and you can often catch me at "Bear Rock", "Carribou" or my house. Just knock first. My door is always open, whether it's throwing "Jello" in a neighborhood at cars, or eating it, I'm up! So shout outs to go my main soul brotha Pablo, for making me laugh and for those long nights of sitting by the fire and going into the back seat of my car, to throw some "Jello" at my nieghbor's dog. :wink: [/img]

CohenFridge
October 17, 2003, 08:39 PM
Dearest Everybody,

My name is Bryan Cohen, I am a junior English/Dramatic Arts/Creative Writing freakazoid at UNC-Ch...who according to CeCe Garcia's introduction is "Extremely Annoying," but he is willing to look past such insults into the large and warming hearts that lay within the individuals who use them :). I first started Improv after auditioning for CHiPs my sophomore year, which included such snubs as Joe Pug and CeCe Garcia! (I'm actually making my being snubbed seem like an achievement :) )...

I tried to organize the ashes of an improv group known as On the Spot...but didn't know what I was doing, so Ross White came to the rescue and taught us a lot of stuff. Since we were jerkies, we lost the Ross...but I look so forward to getting to learn under him once again...and this time, I'll take notes!

I'm into a lot of theatre at UNC-Chapel Hill...and I want to spend a lot of my senior year bringing improvisational projects to the Drama Department...the ones I have in mind are an improv musical and an improv shakespeare play...anybody who thinks those two ideas sound cool...feel free to tell me!

I'm so lucky to be in a town where improv is beginning to take center stage as a kick-ass style of performance...Yay for Dirty South...:)

Love to all,
Bryan

stardustsparklin
October 17, 2003, 09:09 PM
well :roll:, names kevin. 25yrs old. i'm from the hill. love music, people, art and this fricken' mf doom cd my friend put me onto. i'm so happy to be part of DSI. it gives me an outlet to express myself and, hold on... :x .... :P ...i feel much better now. whew! where was i. oh yeah, ross is cool. :shock:

suzmacimprov
October 19, 2003, 07:21 PM
Hi, I may have introduced myself in the wrong area. I wrote an email which I titled "Intro of Suzanne M., Improv 101 member" in another discussion. Anyway, I gotta go now.

Take care,
Suzanne

Dan Telfer
October 20, 2003, 06:45 PM
Hey, ho, trick or treat.

I am Dan of Chicago. Though I have only met two people on these boards, I have performed with them! I met Ross White (DSI), Jesse Parent, and Ryan Locante (both Utah's KYSOFF) through the IRC message board and as a result met up with Ryan and Jesse at CIF and played on an insta-team. I have since worked a lot with Ryan since he moved here from Utah. Jesse likes having a lot of wives and remains out west.

I have been improvising in Chicago since 1997 when I was 18/19 years old. I am now an actor/playwright with Theater Oobleck most of the time. I also act in a bunch of stuff around town.

I also know Jennings through the IRC, but we don't talk about that.

jesstah
October 21, 2003, 10:34 AM
Jesse likes having a lot of wives and remains out west.
Your mom says hi.

-Jesster

Dan Telfer
October 21, 2003, 10:44 AM
That's not all she says! Heyooooo!

sniffle.

I miss mom.

CoreyBrown
October 21, 2003, 03:43 PM
mmmmmmmmm
http://chessy.novusopiate.com/bartleby.gif

Kit's Alter Ego
October 21, 2003, 04:16 PM
mmmmmmmmm

Damn you, Corey! I'd just gotten that avatar out of my head!

--Kit

PS: Like so:
http://marginfilms.com/indierag/content/reviews/images/anightmare/nightmare5.jpg

Jeff Sconce
October 21, 2003, 05:40 PM
We've gone from "Introduce yourself!" to "Introduce your psychosis!"
I'm a huge Buffy fan (you don't EVEN know) but the Buffy avatar messes up the cell spacing in the forum or whatever.

billy smith
October 22, 2003, 12:36 PM
my name is billy. i am a sophomore at carolina. i am originally from vermont and i started shaving when i was 14 (but i should have started earlier because i had one of those thick fuzz mustaches for most of eighth grade). i have played and quit more sports than most people ever try but i am still convinced that i am an exceptional athlete. improv is nice because my 3" vertical does not matter.

hueypriest
October 22, 2003, 03:11 PM
i'm 25. I grew up in this town. did a little improv in HS, in one of Zach's early brainchildren, but nothing since then. I once spent 6 months of my life directing/editing an improvised low-budget feature film, and i swore i'd never come near the stuff again. i still have nightmares, but like all good vices, here i am back, wanting more.

MindOnMySleeve
October 25, 2003, 03:45 PM
im chris walter... a student at east chapel thrill high school
i did a semester of improv at east, totally sucked at it, but realized that it was fun and that i wanted to get better. so here i am... hopefully getting better. w00t.

Oats
November 4, 2003, 03:18 PM
Hi,

I am Austin Nava.

I am extremely excited to be moving over to improvise with you all in january...

Until then, I will post...

Kit's Alter Ego
November 4, 2003, 03:24 PM
I am Austin Nava.
I am extremely excited to be moving over to improvise with you all in january...

Rock! My day has been made!

--Kit

PS: Luckily Austin's not bald or I'd have to switch to a die.

PPS: Nevertheless...:roll: ... ... ... Well, damn skippy. Edge. Corey Brown wins.

ilaughatme
November 4, 2003, 06:16 PM
Sometimes, Kit, I really don't know what the hell you're saying on these boards. I just can't discern it for some reason. But if you're saying you're excited about Austin Nava taking on Chapel Hill, I'm in agreeance*.

*Agreeance is a Corey Brown copyrighted word. Use it only with his permission or with complete disregard for it, as I am doing right now.

Kit's Alter Ego
November 4, 2003, 06:44 PM
Sometimes, Kit, I really don't know what the hell you're saying on these boards. I just can't discern it for some reason. But if you're saying you're excited about Austin Nava taking on Chapel Hill, I'm in agreeance*.

*Snip optional copyright notification.

Sorry. Yes, that was what I was referring to, and as for the die part...

I can only direct you to the thread 24LIVE: The Golden Moments, point out that the rolling-eyes emoticon loosely resembles a guy watching a coin-toss ( :roll: ...See?), and explain ahead of time that 'glabrescent' means "hairless or nearly so."

You see, I, unfortunately, enjoy callbacks and running gags more than is probably healthy for any one person; I'm one of those people who are extremely dedicated lateral thinkers but who, for some reason, still hate Faulkner's stupid stream-of-consciousness babble.

Oh, and I'm also one of those weirdos who don't mind explaining my jokes upon request.

--Kit

PS: On the plus side, my quote-of-the-week signature is from the CHiPs show. And it quotes you!

ilaughatme
November 4, 2003, 09:37 PM
Haha... You do provide much fun on the boards. Sometimes I just don't recall your callbacks so I get confused. That's all. I have created a new word document of show quoatations, which only features that one so far because I am too lazy to go look up the rest right now. And I should be doing work and not littering this thread.

I love Faulkner.

CoreyBrown
November 5, 2003, 08:44 AM

Zack Bly
November 19, 2003, 07:42 AM
I'm Zack Bly, and I'm new here. So that's why I'm posting here.

I'm a Sophomore (History Major ... ?) at UNC and am enjoying living in the Chapel Hill. I'm a member of CHiPs (http://www.unc.edu/chips) which is lots of fun. Last summer I took me some classes from DSi, and had fun. And I used to come to inside improv a lot, but I haven't in a while, but I'll start doing that again soon.

Hobbies include: cooking, listening to music, reading and drawing comic books, learning obscure foreign languages.

Hobbits include: Bilbo, Frodo, Samwise, This Thing (http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=sports-hobbits.jpg&category=Engrish%20from%20Other%20Countries&date=2003-02-28)

Porter Mason
November 22, 2003, 10:42 AM
Hello to you all,

I'm Porter Mason; I've met several of you. Several of you I met last night. Anyhoozle, I'm a DSI teacher and wellwisher. I'm sure if I haven't met you, I will soon.

Word up.

lap10
January 26, 2004, 11:09 AM
Hey, LAP here. Yes, my initials spell Lap, and I, as most of you surfing the DSI webpage, love improv.
I started doing improv in 2000 with East Chapel Hill High School's improv team Randomax. I then worked at the Inside Scoop and oogled at all of the hot improvisors that graced the DSI stage, hoping to one day be as cool as them.
I now go to Duke and am part of Duke University Improv, and yes, our initials spell DUI. I am trying to learn more about improv, the philosophies accompanying improv, and become more involved in the greater improv community. I am taking a DSI class with Ross White and just realized, while looking through these introductions, that I used to play with David Siegel as a small child.
I have pictures, for serious.

ilaughatme
January 26, 2004, 02:08 PM
Oh, Laura Pyatt, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post those pictures.

Roonie
January 27, 2004, 03:39 PM
Hey, my name's Bret Runestad. I started doing improv at Duke University with DUI. For the last two years I've been taking classes at UCB and performing at various venues in NYC with T.J. Monkey's and the Porter Maison Project.

I met Ross White in NYC at a 2 week intensive longform class at the UCB. He referenced me twice in his IRC journal:

1) BRETT was the first other classmate I had a chance to talk to. Heís got big presence in scenes, though sometimes heís a little frenetic. He seems like heís hanging out in NYC for a year after graduation or something.

2) BRET turned out to be a Dookie as well. Augh! But all petty school rivalries aside, Bret was a damn nice guy. D.U.I. really does have designs on taking over the UCB, huh? It was only after I got home that I realized that I had been reading shit Bret wrote for T.J. Monkey's before we even did the intensive together. Fucking cool.

Anyway, I'm moving down to Durham in a few weeks so I'm looking forward to getting involved with DSI and meeting a lot of the people on the boards.

rachbob
February 3, 2004, 09:53 PM
The name's Rachel FitzSimons and this town ain't big enough for the both of us. Or, just kidding, it is, cool. I am a freshman at UNC, studying vocal performance... and geology. I did CHHS improv for 2 years in high school, and since then have become quite a fan of DSI and CHiPs and any other improv I can somewhat obsess over. I feel like very fun, intelligent, and, yes, HAWT people do improv. I've attended Inside Improv since early summer, and have even walked there numerous times from campus... in the cold... just to see another splendiferous show. Also was on the front row the whole time at 24:LIVE. Lived it, loved it. Hopefully I'll take some classes once I stop being insanely busy with my course load for the double major. (I'm thinkin March, Austin, yeah). Everytime I get on the forum, it says I have no new messages. Can somebody fix that for me? :wink: Gracias.

Until next time,
:arrow: Rach

Jake of Diamonds
February 6, 2004, 10:48 AM
Howdy,

My name's Jake Plumley. I'm an improvisor from Utah. I plan on coming to see some improv in N.C. in the next month. Looking forward to it.

-jake

melanie
February 6, 2004, 11:10 PM
Following Herr Doktor Professor Ross White's instructions, I am forthwith posting a note on the message boards. This activity,according to H.Dr.Pr.White, may be undertaken to improve one's improv.

I have posted just twice now and the effects are both remarkable and swift. A strange transformation has come upon me. My toes are getting hairier....teeth so long now they almost scrape the floorboards. And I hummm oh ha! ha! ha! lawalaguuuh GAAAAAAHHHH!!!

I am ready for the brain transplant now, master.

Dave Ries
February 11, 2004, 02:23 PM
Hi, Everyone. I know that I've met some of you at previous DSIFs and 24Live. My name is Dave and I'm with the Idiot Boxers in Greensboro, NC. I've been doing improv since about '98 and I can't get enough. I'm sick I tells ya, sick.

jillybee72
February 23, 2004, 10:43 PM
Hi I'm Jill Bernard from Minneapolis and I'm coming to DSIF and I can't hardly wait!

jesstah
February 26, 2004, 10:25 AM
Jill rocks like Gibraltar!

-Jesster

Ginger
February 29, 2004, 03:49 PM
I'm Ginger and I'm from Richmond, VA. Just got back from DSIF4 and it was effin' "awesome." I've been doing CSz about 2 years, and am a founding member of Jessie's Girl, Richmond's only long form troupe. We've been together about a year. Check us out at www.jessiesgirl.net

And I have no avatar.

the guy
February 29, 2004, 06:15 PM
Hel-lo e'rybody,

This is the guy here, coming at you from Greenville,NC. I just started doing Improv with the ECU team "The Swash". And I am having so much fun. I just found out about DSI and I am just all giddy becuase of it. :lol:
A LITTLE ABOUT ME: I am a sophmore at ECU, studying acting(surprise surprise) I love photography, movies, and all kinds of other stuff. I dont know what else to say, (2 reasons 1 i want to post something else reeally bad and two too many things i want to say) so if you really want to know more about me IM me screenname jcassevah. talk to you then. The Guy

dunford
March 4, 2004, 09:02 PM
Hi kids. My name is Dan Dunford. I'm an IRC regular, even though I haven't performed in ages. I do have improv credentials that I rarely flash. Why don't I do so now?

I've studied under NYC/UCB stalwarts Patrick McCartney, Kevin Mullaney, Michael Delaney, Billy Merritt, Andrew Secunda, Rob Corddry, Matt Walsh, Brian McCann, Jamie Denbo, Paul Scheer, Owen Burke, Betsy Stover, and Ari Voukydis (and others!), as well as Chicagoans Mark Sutton, Joe Bill, and Rebecca Sohn. Also, I've been in shows along with several comedy celebrities. And have appeared twice in "The Onion." Ask for more info, I'm tired of namedropping.

What have I done with this intensive improv background? Why, I'm a preschool teacher in upstate New York. Go fucking figure.

I admire (albeit from a distance) the hell out of you North Carolinians. You rule. I even know and love some of you. I went to see the Flaming Lips with Charlie Todd and Anthony King. I've been in practice groups with Porter Mason, and have seen Scott Jennings in his underwear (but, who hasn't? Also, he's seen me in mine, which seems only fair.)

Finally, I just found out that the Waterboys have a song called "Dunford's Fancy." How fucking cool is that?

-dunford

jillybee72
March 5, 2004, 11:31 AM
the Waterboys rock super hard!

slammin14
April 6, 2004, 11:51 PM
So, I'm Katie Melillo. I've never done improv before, but by coercion from my hot roommate, Callie Peck, I auditioned for the Incubator team. This summer I am staying in Chapel Hill to play on the team instead of going home to New York. That's right, New York. Be jealous.
I transferred to UNC from Northwestern University, outside Chicago. Since I've lived in two big improv cities, I've seen a lot of performances, but I haven't tried it myself, until now!

Improv is awesome, as you all know and I'm psyched to be playing with DSI!!!!!

Also, I love soccer, my cat (Filet Mignon) and my dog!! Of course, I LOVE to laugh!

What would any of us do without laughter?

Lisa P
April 6, 2004, 11:57 PM
So, I'm Katie Melillo. I've never done improv before, but by coercion from my hot roommate, Callie Peck, I auditioned for the Incubator team. This summer I am staying in Chapel Hill to play on the team instead of going home to New York. That's right, New York. Be jealous.
I transferred to UNC from Northwestern University, outside Chicago. Since I've lived in two big improv cities, I've seen a lot of performances, but I haven't tried it myself, until now!

Improv is awesome, as you all know and I'm psyched to be playing with DSI!!!!!

Also, I love soccer, my cat (Filet Mignon) and my dog!! Of course, I LOVE to laugh!

What would any of us do without laughter?Katie, how cool that you have lived in all three corners of the Improv Triangle! Tell me the truth - is your cat really named Filet Mignon? Because if it is, I am your fan forever, and if it isn't, you are a natural bitster and I am your fan forever.

NateG
April 8, 2004, 11:09 AM
Some of y'all know me. The rest of y'all, I look forward to making your acquaintances, and hopefully have a chance to play with you sometime.

My name is Nathan, I answer to Nathan or Nate or UncleNate or Natedog (that's with one G) I have been formally involved with improv for 20 months. I started with a workshop at Comedy Alley in Richmond VA, and thanks to a work related relocation that brought me home to Durham, I have been playing and learning with Comedyworx and DSI for most of that time. New member of a DSI house team!

C.V. data : Durham Academy, Hillside High, Dartmouth,Keenan Flaggler, Certified Public Accountant, Licensed Insurance Agent, Pen Maker, Bowl turner, Golfer, Kibbutzer, part time demi-god, wholesome, humble, Aquarius, yada, yada, yada.

Lets Play!

EthanK
April 8, 2004, 11:25 AM
Welcome back Nate! We missed you!

Ross White
April 8, 2004, 12:58 PM
The pens that Nate makes are REALLY nice.

Dave Siegel
April 8, 2004, 01:41 PM
damn fine institution, that Durham Academy.

Conklin
April 8, 2004, 06:59 PM
I'm Christopher Conklin. Originally from Upstate NY, I attended Haverford College and Rutgers University and have a BA in English Lit with a concentration in Feminist and Gender Studies. I have just returned from three months in Paris, France. On Easter Sunday I will be returning to Paris for another two months. I'm spending my time there writing poetry, reading numerous novels, and housekeeping.

I was a founding member of Haverford College's The Throng, helped introduce them to longform improvisation, and performed with them at the 2003 Del Close Marathon. I am a founding member of Philadelphia's Rare Bird Show, although I'm unfortunately on something of a hiatus at the moment (on account of Paris). I've studied with Armando Diaz, and done workshops with many others from many different theatres.

I will be moving to the Chapel Hill area this August with my girlfriend Jasmine who is entering the PhD program at UNC in Comparative Lit. I am very much looking forward to starting up with Dirty South!

Sorry this introduction is so long. In my defense I'm fairly awesome.

CohenFridge
April 9, 2004, 12:28 AM
Ooooh...you did some 'prov in Philly? I'm from Philly...that's awesome.

You do sound cool...it'll be good to meet ya this summer.

- Bryan

ooh my geez
April 9, 2004, 09:04 AM
so i guess i should finally introduce myself here, too, since i've been lurking for a while.
i'm Lauren Frohne. i'm a sophomore at UNC, i am 19, and mike's girlfriend. i live in chapel hill but i'm from charlotte originally. i've only been doing improv for a few weeks (yes, mike finally convinced me to join the cult) and right now i'm in a level one class taught by ross white and i'm on the incubator team. so yes, i'm having a lot of fun and its nice to meet you all!
hope you all have a nice easter weekend!

ps- the username- its my screenname. feel free to iM me. =)

jin
April 20, 2004, 03:07 PM
_________________________Ten reasons for you to choose me_________________________

I:
10 out of 10 Europeans say I'm cute.
8 out of 10 Americans say I'm cute.
7 out of 10 CL responders would try to kiss me within two hours after we met before they really know me enough.

SAF, 5'5, 130 #

I'm an 100% genetically Asian, I have an exotic looking to you Americans. My newly met local MIT friend told me that all Caucasians are East Asia faddish. I made him as my friend for nearly 7 months now after he considered that I was his worst ever first-date and spoken awful English that he thought he could never bring me to see his friends when we first met. We just spoken few minutes ago and he would help my sister to work on her personal business in the favor of me. He also wrote me a reference and told me that anyone can contact him to get information about me he knows. Welcome to ask for it in trade of references from your admirable attractive friends.

I'm huggable, every one who ever hugged me likes to hug me again.

II:
I also have some brain:
I have a BS in Physical Therapy.
995 out of 1000 people I meet would say I'm smart.
6 out of 10 my senior high classmates say they'd like to see what my children would be like.
If I'm healthy enough, I enjoy making people around me to laugh.

III:
I like outdoors excises:
I biked half of Taiwan at age of 18. Though I don't do such crazy things nowadays, I still like biking.
I really like beaches and blue sky. I will not stay in the room for TV or computer games or just staying in front of screens.
I took a life guard certificate program in 2002 Aug..
I'm definitely not a party animal. You will never find me in a crowded bar.

IV:
I enjoy learning:
I like to spend time on reading, listening classic music, going to baroque concerts, museums, lectures.
I'm also very dynamic to learn what ever happens on me.

V:
I like healthy life style:
I am a militant non-smoker.
Once I tried to stop a smoker in Charles De Gaulle airport, he called me a barbarian.
Another time I tried to stop some smokers in a public pool. I called officers to come to fine them. One time they were angry and stepped me down in the water. There were some guys around me to ask them to stop, that's why I'm still here to wait to see you.

I'm almost a vegetarian.
I prefer vegetables, fruits, whole-fat milk, yogurt and most of seafood much more than meat.

I like to sleep on hard wood floor than soft mattress.

VI:
I have amiable personalities:

Through my whole life, more than 500 people came to me to claim that they've seen me sometime before even we couldn't figure out where, when and how.
995 out of 1000 of my friends would consider I'm a nice, kind person.

My mother once was a junior high mathematic teacher, who saw thousands kids for quite a long time in her life, told me that I'm a fairly non-judgmental person.
To be honest, I'm very judgmental, it's I just don't speak my opinions out.
I don't like to talk if I don't feel my opinions can deliver useful information or consolation to the listeners.

VII:
I have very good reputation in terms of conflicts solving:
I don't fight. I simply leave. You will love me for I will not cling to you once you feel tired of me. If you want to teach me how to argue within relationships, that's fine. I might learn some. But I tend to leave than stay and argue with you. I seldom spend time with men who agitate me or ignore me even we've been together for two years. Never a single day in my life I begged anyone to stay with me. If you want to leave me, that's fine, you can leave. I won't follow you everywhere to ask you to stay. I have references to prove that.

*well, the first draft was written on Oct. 16th, 2004. Later on Nov. 2003, I partially broke this rule. I met a 97 Harvard, and he is the first man in my life I wrote him thousands seductive sentences and left voice messages to ask him to see me after he attempted to remove my clothes at the 3rd time we met on the condition that he knew I didn't want to remove my clothes with him at the 3rd time we met. I would only consider that kind act with any subject after we talked more than 1000 hours. Which means that he would not be bored enough to make me want to listen or talk to him more than 1000 hours. And please notice that I said I would consider, I didn't say I'd do it. And because he failed to remove my clothes and felt extremely frustrated so he didn't want to see me anymore.

However the reason for me to partially break the rule is this 97 Harvard is the smartest guy I ever met in this country this time. So, don't ever expect that you would receive that special treats unless you are smarter than him. And don't tell me that you are smart simply you have a Harvard MBA. You have to able to conduct conversations properly to make me feel that you are smart. Which doesn't mean you have to impress me you are smart. The least thing you can do to gain others respect is try to impress the others. I hope you are mature enough to know that before you read this.

And this 97 Harvard looks really cute, and athletic. So don't ever try to compete and compare yourself with him. I regretted very much even till nowadays. If I had known that he would not ever see me again, I would have let him remove my clothes that time if that is the way to get him.

Jan. 2004, I also kind of am breaking my rule to a IQ 153 guy. The reason for me to break the rule is not because he claimed his IQ is 153 and he participated some MENSA activities few times a year, but he past me some prominent signals during the first few days we met to make me think that he was serious to take me as his girlfriend and a wife material.*

My father petitioned me to immigrate to this country. I don't need you to petition me for your American nationality. You shall have no value to me unless you love me. But if you have a French or Italian passport, that's another story.

VIII:
I know what to value in one's life:
I'm not that kind of women after Gucci or big diamonds. I'm an extremely practical woman. If somebody gives me a ring, I'll pawn it in the next hour to put on my next tickets to fly to Paris/Milano.
You will find it's easy to have happy life with me without fancy stuffs.

I value one's virtues and knowledge and the ability to create his own living environment much more than his car or suit. Certainly I do value his belongings which he gathered.

But anyone who owns most financial secure stuff and have no spare energy on people around him would definitely turn me off.

I am not in credit card debt. I haven't used credit card for more than two years.
*However, my sister granted me a credit card since Dec. 2003, so I have one now. However the upper limits is $200, and I haven°¶t gotten the chance to go over it yet. And the first thing I bought with the credit card is something my sister needed and some family stuff afterwards.*

IX:
I don't snore:
My body temperature keeps increasing after I fall to sleep.

X:
I won't ask to have children from you:
But I'm not against the idea of having children if you are able to make children stop crying by non-violent methods and support them to go to colleges in real universities and shape them to become attractive independent persons without my extra blood and tears.

I'd like to find somebody who can afford me.

Please write me 10 or more reasons why should I or some other women choose you.

Here are some basic criteria that I can tell you now that if you don't fit, then you can't afford me.

I:
You must have some brains:
Possess some under degrees from some MIT/HAVARD equivalent schools (graduated schools don't count), some more advanced degrees are a plus.
Or 7 out of 10 your grade school teachers praised you are a smart talented person.
Well read, able to draw attention from people to surround you.
Be able to drag/encourage people to go on their lives, at least your own life.

II:
You must like excises and stay in good shape:
Shall not fear to swim for a non-stop 1500 meters in free style.
Shall feel comfortable to walk for 20 minutes in the city.
Shall feel great to stroll by the beach for at least 60 minutes.
Shall feel free to hike in mountains.

Ideal waist/hip ration: 0.9

III:
You must like vegetables, fruits, yogurt, whole fat milk, seafood much more than meat.
You will use honey, resins as sugar than powder sugar or brown sugar.
You like to cook or at least know where you can take me to have some healthy food.
Honestly speaking, I'm not fond of staying in a restaurant. It would be nicer if you can bring the food back to me.
( :D I know this makes me sound like a jerk. But I have reasons. I don't like the air in a restaurant. I do enjoy people watching and sitting in a well decorated room, but staying in a noisy, bad ventilated room is too much for me.)

IV:
You must be a militant non-smoker as well.
You are not afraid to feel freeze to death at night if I insist to open windows to sleep.
Or you have at least one spare bedroom in your living space.

V:
You have no cats/dogs at home unless you can open your windows all the way up all the time.

VI:
You have no less than 100 classical CDs in your home. If you can also play piano/violin, that would be a big plus.

VII:
You must not be drug abuser, have no sexual transmitted diseases. You must not like gambling games.

VIII:
You must feel OK that I have zero economic value. Or I would be your burden.

IX:
You must feel OK that I can't keep track of my properties. I lose my pens, hats, clothes, backpacks riff-raff easily.

X:
You don't take free napkins/catch-up more than you need in restaurants. I hate seeing people waste things.

XI:
You don't snore. All your previous girlfriends consider you are a good heat generator all night long. Or your body temperature is no lower than 37.2 degrees Celsius all night long.

XII:
You have fairly hairless body. As you guys, I also like to touch hairless skins. Though I need a heat generator at night, I don't need a fur at either day time or night time.

XIII:
You are single, have no children. Or your children don't need your intensive care. You'd better not ask for children from me.

XIV:
You must enjoy hugging me much more than kissing my lips. The action ratio should be greater than 50.
You must enjoy kissing my cheeks, forehead, eyes, neck, arms, palms, fingers much more than my lips. The ration should be greater than 50 as well.

You may break all above regulations but the smoker one as long as you have some admirable life accomplishments, such as Nobel Prize winner, Olympian,etc°K.

---

Originally posted on Craigslist. By a woman. Who is not me.

melanie
April 21, 2004, 01:18 AM
Wow Jin - I was looking forward to reading your "getting to know you" post...I did have a good laugh, but two pages of revelations later I still know nothing about you. Your avatar is a blank screen...I am starting to detect a theme here.

Come on now...feed us some information. Let's start you off with something safe...favorite game, as a child? Let me guess...Hide and go seek?

PT
April 21, 2004, 02:50 AM
Wowsa Jin! I mean, geez louie louise! I didnt have time to read your long profile, but I already know you. And yes Melanie, Jin is mysterious, we talked for a while once back. I turned my head to spit and then without a trace he was gone. Wierd

EthanK
April 21, 2004, 07:47 AM
Jin Kim is Kaiser Sose.

Kit's Alter Ego
April 21, 2004, 11:47 AM
Jin Kim is Robert Paulson.

jin
April 22, 2004, 11:02 AM
I have posted in a separate post some pertinent information about myself.

This post has occurred in the near future.

*poof*
________
HARE KRISHNA - ISKCON FORUMS (http://www.religionboard.org/hare-krishna-iskcon/)

hotnoodles
April 29, 2004, 01:54 PM
Hey there!

My name is Laine. I've met several of you over the past year or so. I was just informed this morning that I have been offered a posistion at Rogers-Herr middle school in Durham teaching 7th grade math. I will start work in July. So it looks like in a month or so I will be a full time resident of North Carolina. Wooohooo!

I've been doing improv for approximately two and a half years. I started with CSz in Spokane, WA. I picked up the long form when I moved to Utah. I met Ross last year when he came to coach our troupe. I met a few more of you at the DCM last year when I was performing with the SLC Skirts. Can't wait to see what I can learn from all you down south!

Laine

Richard White
April 29, 2004, 02:02 PM
Let me be the first board poster to say "Welcome to NC. Hope you like pork and beer."

Look forward to seeing you in a couple months.

Lisa P
April 29, 2004, 02:20 PM
Laine is coming! Laine is coming! WOO HOOO!
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:EcTOSlSFLfYJ:www.eklyptic.org/images/digitalart/fireworks.jpg

CoreyBrown
April 30, 2004, 07:05 AM
Yay Laine Yay!yaY eniaL yaY

NC will praise your arrival.

Sugar-Snit
May 18, 2004, 05:30 PM
Hello.

Please allow me to introduce myself.

I'm the sugar shiz-nit

I'm visiting soon. Ethan has just given me the secret key to visit the DSI forum.

Yay.

CoreyBrown
May 18, 2004, 05:31 PM
did he show you the secret handshake?

ETHAN! YOUR OUT OF DSi!

Sugar-Snit
May 18, 2004, 05:43 PM
did he show you the secret handshake?

ETHAN! YOUR OUT OF DSi!

oops - he showed me that AND told me the secret password and the sisk-boom-baa chant.

oops. sorry Ethan.

EthanK
May 18, 2004, 06:46 PM
I am sooooo fucked.

Andi
May 18, 2004, 07:54 PM
Hurray! Sugar-Snit is coming to visit!

Sugar-Snit
May 19, 2004, 12:23 PM
Hurray!!!!

PS My name is Melissa. They call me Melissa.

Andi
May 28, 2004, 12:19 PM
Because it's my homework for 101 and because I haven't previously done it despite posting on this board for some months, here is my introduction:

Hi. I'm Andi. I live in Raleigh but am originally from Western New York. I'm a grad student at NCSU in graphic design. This usually causes me to be grumpy from stress. I'm 25. I have a loud laugh and a quiet voice.

heymeamy
May 28, 2004, 04:09 PM
Yo. I'm Amy Dombrower, and I don't know why I didn't register like way freaking long ago. I'm an II regular, but I guess maybe the reason is I've never actually done improv till about yesterday, in my 101 class.

Yeah so I'm a "sophomore" at UNC. What?! Oh yeah, I'm gonna be one come this fall, and currently in summer school (why?!) and attempting to double major in Biology and Journalism. My interests mostly stick with me, but always room for more. And the prov has definitely been prominent since I came to college. And as a birthday present, I'm enrolled in 101, and taking my own stab at it. w00t.

I grew up in CH, so you might consider me a local. And I STILL live here. It's the place to be.

PlayDohIsFun
May 30, 2004, 11:52 AM
My name is Andrew Hibbard. No attempts at wit since I am not too witty. Not much to say other than I am in the 101 class.Also, I will probably be that annoying person that chooses to do posts in every color possible. That's all.

BubbyWarrior
May 31, 2004, 08:24 PM
Hey my name is Matt. I've been doing improv for a few years. Currently a sophomore at East Chapel Hill High, but only 2 more weeks of that nonsense.

shortsweetie4390
June 1, 2004, 03:38 PM
Hello, my name is Abbie. I am in the eighth grade now and will soon be a freshmen at East Chapel Hill High. I am CeCe's younger sister and she is the one who inspired me to do improv. I started a week ago and already have fallen in love with it. I always enjoy making people laugh and want to do it professionaly. Even though I am only 14, I still believe I can accomplish many things at my age. I hope I stay in Chapel Hill for college and keep doing improv where ever I am.

-Abbie :D

P.s. I am sweet and short (five feet). 4390 is my birthday (April 3 1990) [/i]

PaulO
June 6, 2004, 10:49 AM
Hey Y'all. My name is Paul Overton and I've been taking the level 101 class for the second time with my girlfriend Sharon. We just got here from California in January and are enjoying the hell out of the area and DSI, of course. Thanks for being so welcoming.

sandbag
June 12, 2004, 09:33 AM
I'm Matt Urbanic. I'm new to North Carolina. I'm stationed at Fort Bragg, and I work for Army Special Operations Command. I'm not that smart or funny, but I can carry heavy loads long distances. I do, however, have a tremendous fear of throwing stars, both real and imaginary.

Erin Anderson
June 16, 2004, 08:21 AM
Hello my name is Erin Anderson and I live in Utah and I perform with the SLC Skirts.

Hopefully I will come and visit in North Carolina one day and I look forward to it. :)

I miss Laine and Austin but I know that they are in good hands! :wink:

corb
June 25, 2004, 10:11 AM
hi, this is cory from wilmington. all my friends have gone, so youre my friends now.

dggoldst
August 4, 2004, 12:46 PM
Hi,

I'm Dan to the Gold, Gold to the Stein. Some of you know me, some of you on Mister Diplomat, that is. I like North Carolina and I like Waffle House. I did not get to go to Waffle House the last time I was in North Carolina because Jennings was too tired. I hope that the next time I am in North Carolina, I get to go to the Waffle House with some improvisers. And I hope to play some darts, too.

jamal
September 26, 2004, 11:28 PM
hiiiiiii!

i'm jamal, and i just met some of you this weekend at 24 live. some of you may already know me from the IRC. i just moved to wilmington from jew jersey, due to a relocation by my company. i have been studying/performing improv in some form since i started college in 1996. back up north, i trained at the upright citizens brigate theatre.. i'm really glad to have an improv source here, because i'm not sure what i'd do without one.

hotnoodles
September 27, 2004, 06:50 PM
Hey Jamal!!!

Great to have you around! Look forward to seeing you more.

Laine

jamal
September 27, 2004, 09:54 PM
^_^

Texy
October 6, 2004, 05:40 PM
Hello. I'm Brian Prince, and I'm a member of The Other Side in Wilmington. I finally got internet service again, and immediately joined this here message board. I'm very excited about it, and hope to have some good posts in the future! It's a pleasure knowing some of you Hill people, and I look forward to meeting more.

P.S. This is a dating service, right?

Gutenburg
October 6, 2004, 05:48 PM
Hooray for Texy! And for Jamal!

JohnnyFive
October 29, 2004, 10:09 AM
Greetings, citizens!

I'm Jon, and I'm in the DSI level 1 class in Chapel Hill. I'm a grad student at Duke. I've never done improv before, but once a long time ago I took an acting class and they made me do a monologue where I castrated sheep for four minutes.

:twisted:

EthanK
October 29, 2004, 10:21 AM
Jon, welcome to DSI where not only will you castrate sheep but you'll be able to do it in the style of "Shakesperean Comedy."

GinaKelly
November 3, 2004, 11:27 AM
If you couldn't tell by my DSI Message Board name, I'm Gina Kelly. I've recently begun taking DSI's Level I class at King's on Wednesday nights. And I always stay to watch the show (always being the one opportunity I've had to do so). I am passionately disappointed about the election results and am using that as an excuse to add this emoticon: :evil:

That is all. :roll:

vinylbandit
November 4, 2004, 12:09 PM
Aloha,

I'm Brian Shaw. I'm currently in the DSI Level I class at Kings with Gina. I am passionately disappointed that NC State fell short of 100 points against Fayetteville State. I'm also uber-intrigued that someone wrote Phil Spector into a ballet, especially when it's The Nutcracker. The real question is: how many characters does (s)he unexpectedly murder?

DSI is fun and schtuff. Yes.

Okay, more than fun. A lot of fun, one might say (if one is so inclined).

[/Faulkner]

[/trying]

Ben Moser
November 4, 2004, 02:14 PM
Raleigh folks, Raleigh folks, Raleigh folks!

JohnnyFive
November 5, 2004, 08:19 AM
Where are my Chapel Hill people? C'mon, guys! Represent!

jady
November 6, 2004, 09:38 AM
All y'all are in a Red state... so I don't really see the pride...:twisted:

Go Chicago! Cook County: 70% Kerry Voters!

vinylbandit
November 6, 2004, 11:54 AM
Did someone say RALEIGH!?

http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper36/ACCnc0223.jpg

JohnnyFive
November 7, 2004, 10:06 AM
Did someone say red state?

http://www.poster.com.pl/propag/lenin-erol.jpg

jady
November 19, 2004, 01:32 PM
Hullo.

I've been positing here for a while already, but for those of you who don't know:

My name is Jady

I used to live in Chicago, and used to used to live in Salt Lake City

Now I'm in England, studying english Lit

When I get back, I'll probably finish my internship at Improv Olympic, then move on to Second City, and possibly Comedy Sportz (I'm saving Annoyance for last. I heart Joe Bill.)

I enjoy kittens.

~jady

Johnny
November 20, 2004, 04:36 PM
johnny here. if there is ever anything i can do for you as long as it can be achieved through, typing i'll do it.

Johnny
November 20, 2004, 04:38 PM
johnny here. if there is ever anything i can do for you as long as it can be achieved through typing, i'll do it.

Ozone
May 5, 2005, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I'm Ryan Stone. I got involved with DSI by helping out with the Beatbox production in Chicago, in early 2005. Chicago-area native, been improvising for almost five years now (yikes).

I'm part of the new Documentary South Chicago cast, and I'm supra happy about that. It's a great group and an excellent form. It's going to rule--keep your eyes out for it in Chicago.

I'm looking to get in video editing and Web design. I'm very new to both, so I'd love to get pointers from anyone.

I'm an improvisor/actor first, but my day job is in PR. So I'm handy with promotions, and whenever I have time, I'd be always be happy to help out with advice, or if you need a full-fledged media-relations person for a production, we can talk.

How are you doing?

-Stone

edogg
June 6, 2005, 02:04 PM
What's goin' on folks? Ernie here; Rookie and Level I Improv Man. One day I hope to move up to fry cooker. Currently living in Hillsboring and I work and play in Chapel Hill. Got to know a few of you folks at the benefit and even though I haven't been in the game long, I have been having fun thus far. Looking forward to meeting more of you guys and gals in the future............ :)

Chris S
June 11, 2005, 01:41 PM
Hi everybody. I guess I should have done this sooner but better late than never, right?

I'm Chris, and I'm one of Ben Moser's aforementioned Raleigh Folks. I was in the State Improv Community this past semester and I'm currently taking a level I class in Chapel Hill right now.

I'm still new to the improv scene but I'm learning all the time.

I think the best animal is a rock hyrax.

Zach
June 12, 2005, 11:57 PM

Ernie and Chris are kickass!

Everyone from the Level 1 class rocks (and should be introducing themselves immediately), and we're looking forward to having Drowatzky back on Thursday. Nick Bentley and Jadrian Miles have been rocking L1 and Mike O'Rourke (CH kid from SIC! who put a new hole in the wall with his backside), and Stacy Patchel (who has been to Skylight shows recently), Lorraine fell off the planet but we hope to get her back for the last two weeks, who else?? Regina, our French national, hash rolling professional translator (actually told me she doesn't see the purpose in online conversations which are not "live" like a chat room).

Welcome and hello, everyone. There are also a bunch of Chicago people now online who haven't said hello here, but feel free to PM them and force them into real-time online conversations (I'm looking at you Telfer). Rene should be rocking an Ann Arbor team called Uncle Daddy (house team from Dan Izzo's Improv Inferno) online soon, with a private forum.

Highfive,
theWARDEN

Stacy
June 14, 2005, 11:42 PM
Stacy is kickass!

Alright, Zach, I finally registered and posted, so you can relax a little more.

Interesting background info :roll:
Live and work in Chapel Hill, excellent.
UNC - MPH - Biostatistics 2003
NCSU - BS - Applied Math 1995
Apex High School (rocks!) - Class of 1990.
Yes, I'm older than all you guys...what of it?
DSI Level 1 Student.
Already completed my 'starter marriage'.
Currently "finding myself" - I wandered into the woods & got hopelessly lost weeks ago.

oldsophomore
June 15, 2005, 12:10 AM
Hello to all

Name: Jason Curtis
Astrological Sign: Cancer
Hometown: Raleigh, by default
You May Know Me As: House Manager @ Skylight aka 'The Guy Who Takes the Money'

Peaceful Statement of the Day: I love you all.

Lisa P
June 15, 2005, 12:12 AM
Yes, I'm older than all you guys...what of it? Guess again! Welcome, Stacy. I look forward to meeting all these new DSI people.

PT
June 15, 2005, 02:01 AM
Age depends on how you act.

Brian Thacker
June 15, 2005, 09:28 PM
I'm reintroducing myself as I've been out of the DSI community for awhile. My name is Brian Thacker and I've been a member of Comedyworx in Raleigh since the spring of 2003. Improv has become a way of life for me as I can't complete a conversation without finding some improv connection.

If you spot me on the street somewhere spouting out unintelligible sentences, please direct me to the nearest improv resource and all will be fine. But, don't touch me as I may draw you in to some spontaneous scene from which you will have a difficult time recovering.

Look forward to hanging with you all. :P

Below is a photo of me in my DSI Level 3 class performance many moons ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/bndurham/Brians%20pics/Duringtheshow2.jpg

Lisa P
June 15, 2005, 09:57 PM
Hooray! Brian is back!

PT
June 15, 2005, 10:32 PM
Ah yes, that was the show in which CeCe and Bly had laser zombie eyes.

Rendvermin
June 18, 2005, 02:57 PM
Howdy all! I'm Mike Gallinari, and I'm in the Level 1 class under Ross's direction (this is actually the second time I've been Ross's student- back in my freshman year of high school he substitute taught my English class for a couple of weeks). I started improvising back in high school, taking workshops at ComedySportz in Chapel Hill under Jennie Stencil, Zach, and Corey. After graduating from CHHS in 2001 I went to Fairfield University in Connecticut, where I was in the short form group In the Spit for my freshman year and then spent the next three years in Fairfield's main performing group, On the Spot. I also spent two years in a student-run "experimental" improv group. I plan on taking all the classes I can with DSI and then moving to Chicago to do improv in the fall.

moviefilledlife
June 19, 2005, 10:25 PM
Hi, I'm Chris Moore. I've been doing improv at ComedyWorx for close to two years now and I'm taking Ross' Level 1 class just to brush up on the basics as well as to expand my improv tool set.
I have a degree in Computer Science from Clemson University, but I don't use it for squat. I've done everything from managing a movie theater to managing a Blockbuster Video, but I'm currently a disability examiner for the state. I've been a huge moviebuff all of my life but I've been an amateur filmmaker for about 9 years. I've entered Matt Damon's and Ben Affleck's Project Greenlight film contest twice, George Lucas' Star Wars fanfilm contest twice and I won 3rd place out of a 1000 entries for a KFC commercial contest. I currently help with the video content for ComedyWorx's Double Feature improv movie show and helped spearhead the new ref intro videos we use in the show.
I originally took improv classes to help reinvigorate my creative thinking for my filmmaking and found much more than I ever expected(including a great number of wonderful friends at the Worx).

nyladnama
June 21, 2005, 01:10 PM
Hey Guys! My name is Amanda Dorich. I am currently taking the Improv level I (insert an additional I) Class with Ross (Remove the name Ross and insert Zach)! I have been doing improv at comedyworx for about 9 months now (add another 2 months) and it is very fun ( take out the words "Very fun" and replace them with mind blowing) . I enjoy people... and being on stage... so its fun to be doing something that makes me happy. ( That would be improv) I am attending Wake Tech as of now but in January I hope to be attending ECU (remove ECU and add your school of choice)to finish up my BSN ( remove BSN and replace it with a big ol' ?) within two years and then move back to the RDU area to work (IF I ever leave). What can I say... I like it here. Right now I am a nanny (remove nanny and replace that with unemployed) and I am just enjoying the summer. Um... I think that is enough! :D

Oh, and one last addendum -- I REALLY AM IN LOVE WITH DSI (see that -- all capital letters!) ROCK ON AMANDA! :D

I'm sorry - - I felt that if this should be accurate if people were going to be reading it agian ( Ha, replace agian with for the first time if that applies to you.)

Mike O'Rourke
June 29, 2005, 10:48 AM
I don't know if I'll ever be described cooler than "CH kid from SIC! who put a new hole in the wall with his backside." Thanks Zach! Yeah I'm at State too!
I like doing improv a lot, along with hard rock music and going on hellrides (HIYOOOOH!). I'm bad at punctuality, especially when its online because I get caught up in random other things, but here I am finally! I loved taking level one with zach, it was a blast and I had a good time meeting and playing with all the new people too! I post every now and then, but I spend more time playing Guild Wars and the Battlefield 2 demo online where I PWN fools. I'm hyper now and that is why this is verging on incoherent rambling.

Eryn
July 8, 2005, 10:45 PM
Now that Mike has explained how to post this thing . . .

I'm Eryn Cooper-Harris. I'm a serious actor. At North Carolina School of the Arts. Where everything is very serious. Completely new to DSI, ComedySportz, and anything where acting is fun and/or silly.

Here in Ross' Level One class, everything is fun and silly and I like it!We have this banana-scented ball with eyeballs, this crazy group of folks, and this little hole in the wall . . . a killer combination!

People who think they know me will tell you I like acting, singing, and dancing. People who do know me will tell you I like playing fiddle, singing country, and riding western. People who really know me will tell you I like loving my wonderful family, lobbying shamelessly for Good Causes, and playing publicly in wigs.

PT
July 9, 2005, 12:46 AM
For those of us that don't know you, are we allowed to make assumptions?

vinylbandit
July 9, 2005, 01:38 AM
Also, can I introduce you to my friend Aaryn and his son Ethyn, just for giggles?

Eryn
July 9, 2005, 01:26 PM
Sure, to both. why not.

PT
July 10, 2005, 02:19 AM
Sure, to both. why not.

Noted.

P.S. You'll regret this.

TedHobgood
August 8, 2005, 08:54 AM
Well, both howdy and doody. After reading all the other introductions made over the years in this thread, I'll try to keep mine in the same idiom.

I'm Ted Hobgood, and I think I've been improving most of my life, although while dangerously undereducated in improv. I'm dangerously overeducated in general, with a weird degree from Oberlin College in a major I designed myself (them dang hippie schools, I tell ya! They'll let people do anything!) and a graduate degree in Popular Culture (oh yeah; job offers are rolling in, lemme tell ya.)

I was born and raised in Chapel Hill, and have lived in Ohio, another flatter part of Ohio, a thankfully brief stint in rural North Carolina, and a sadly brief stint in Winchester, England, England. I'm all buzzy and excited about starting classes with DSI, and am looking forward to meeting new folk and collaborating together to be wacky and clever and entertaining. Let's rock, people!

Conklin
August 8, 2005, 09:39 AM
I'm Ted HobgoodWould you be offended if I nicknamed you "Hobo"? Or "Hobgoodlin"? Or "Theo"?

TedHobgood
August 8, 2005, 09:43 AM
Conkers, I readily accept any and all wacky nicknames. I haven't had nearly enough of them in my life. (Although my 7th grade Life Science teacher called me "Ted Hopelesstobecomegood" while calling the role.)

Your pal,

Theo Hobgoodlin, scourge of the dark forests and bright alleyways
:evil:

Jason Quinn
August 9, 2005, 10:02 AM
Hello, I am Jason Quinn. I met a bunch of you at your fundraiser a couple of months back and I am looking forward to meeting more of you... and let me take this opportunity to apologize to any I have offended and those who I will be offending in the months ahead. I can't help it. It's like a gift, you know, from God.

I studied improv for a while in NYC with UCBT, the PIT, and Armando Diaz. Playing around, doing longform in New York, was a great time...but then I had to leave NY. You see, I was the idiot who brought my car to the city and racked up over $2000 in parking tickets. You would be surprised how easy that is to accomplish. So, I had to flee the long arm of the tow truck and move down to Florida, where I did a lot of acting in regional theatres, taught some folks some basic longform workshops, and met a wonderful woman named Emily who married me in June.

Emily is starting the MFA Choreography program at UNCG this week, so we said good bye to the hurricanes and tomato based BBQ sauce and moved to Greensboro. I am excited to be in an area that has an improv scene already and I am looking forward to taking some classes from DSI.

vinylbandit
August 9, 2005, 01:30 PM
so we said good bye to the hurricanes and tomato based BBQ sauce

...and said hello to Hurricanes and vinegar!

Welcome welcome.

Alex Wilson
August 17, 2005, 11:08 AM
Alex Wilson here. I'm a writer from Northern Ohio who moved to the NC triangle about three years ago. Live in Carrboro, walking distance from the new DSI stage going up at Carr Mill and from the classroom where I just signed up for an Improv I class. Turn 29 today.

I've done some acting in local films and theatres (including Deep Dish and Common Ground in NC) and at Ashland University in Ashland, OH. I also run an audiobook project, which is a cool challenge because I'm more of a physical actor, who generally prefers to have fewer lines.

I'm kinda introverted, and when I first read about improv techniques a few years back the "yes and" really taught me how to interact with people better. Not that I'm always agreeable. I figure the class should help me come out of my shell even more.

I'm also a very slow writer, and have to do a lot of revision before I can come up with anything remotely acceptable. It's a quite a rush (nice way of saying a panic) to create on the fly, and I'm interested in how improv will affect that.

Found out about DSI through Ross White's blog. The note about moving to Carr Mill made me get enthused and eager to meet some a'yous, and, armed with the impulsiveness with which I sometimes post too hastily in online fora, I found myself signing up for the class a day before the thing began.

So far so good.

TedHobgood
August 17, 2005, 02:06 PM
I'm kinda introverted, and when I first read about improv techniques a few years back the "yes and" really taught me how to interact with people better. Not that I'm always agreeable. I figure the class should help me come out of my shell even more.

Alex is one hip fella, and one would never know he's introverted if you were to talk to him about theater or comic books. (I think the who "introvert" thing is some sort of scheme he has as part of a plot for world domination. Just look at that picture--he's got plans, baby!)

And if you want to find some really cool art, writing, and software, go check out Alex's website. It's a fun journey.

I wanna hang out with Alex more. Rock on, Mr. Ross...er, Mr. Wilson.

Alex Wilson
August 17, 2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks Ted.

andrewH
August 17, 2005, 02:28 PM
Happy 29th Birthday Alex Wilson.

Alex Wilson
August 17, 2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the love, Andrew.

Monica
September 8, 2005, 12:39 PM
I've lived in Durham for exactly six days and I've already gotten mixed up with this crowd!

Loved my first Level I class at DSI last night. I'm a refugee of ImprovBoston, and also M.I.T., which I actually miss a lot. I just finished a Master's degree up there and came down here to try new things. And only six days in, I already love it - Red earth! Trees everywhere! Cicadas rattling! It's a good place to crash after academia.

Looking forward to 24Live...

Monica
September 8, 2005, 12:41 PM
I've lived in Durham for exactly six days and I've already gotten mixed up with this crowd!

Loved my first Level I class at DSI last night. I'm a refugee of ImprovBoston, and also M.I.T., which I actually miss a lot. I just finished a Master's degree up there and came down here to try new things. And only six days in, I already love it - Red earth! Trees everywhere! Cicadas rattling! It's a good place to crash after academia.

Looking forward to 24Live...

CoreyBrown
September 8, 2005, 12:41 PM
Chapel Hill is gonna make you lose your mind! UP IN HERE! UP IN HERE!

DSI is gonna make you ACT A FOOL! UP IN HERE! UP IN HERE!

Monica
September 8, 2005, 12:54 PM
Ah, I see it got posted twice. Mea culpa. My connection must be ass-slow (or maybe the server is).

TedHobgood
September 8, 2005, 01:08 PM

(to continue the song)

If you wanna see some comedy then it's gonna be quick
And all you suckas offstage, well you can suck my shtick
All your teammates that you run with, have fun with, laugh quick
Whatchu gonna do to a rockstar? My act is slick!
Here comes the awesome tricks, it's the DEE-ESS-EYE clic!

DSI got y'all laughin' again, laughin' again, laughin' again
The Hizzill got y'all laughin' again, laughin' again, laughin' again...

TedHobgood
September 8, 2005, 01:09 PM
Ah, I see it got posted twice. Mea culpa. My connection must be ass-slow (or maybe the server is).

Or perhaps you're so cool and your words are so great, they deserve to be read twice. I'm betting on that explanation. :D

Wade Minter
September 8, 2005, 01:48 PM
(to continue the song)

:shock:

L'il G
September 8, 2005, 03:35 PM

(to continue the song)

Hahaha. I want to rap battle Ted.

CoreyBrown
September 8, 2005, 03:40 PM
http://www.uterinefury.com/you_got_served_criterion.jpg

TedHobgood
September 9, 2005, 10:30 AM
Hahaha. I want to rap battle Ted.

HAH! ALL will fall before my fresh magic microphone Emcee skills!

Um....at least in the context of posting on the message board and given plenty of time to muse at the keyboard. Throwin' down live, well, that's another matter.

Oh heck, let's do this thing. The only thing we have to lose is our dignity.

It's ON, bruddah!!!!

Kit's Alter Ego
September 9, 2005, 10:46 AM
Hobgood VS Motley
Palmisano VS Melillo
Frohne VS Stein
Drunk Mike Bamford VS Drunk Chris Conklin
Heidi VS Andi VS Jasmine

--FitzSimons

EthanK
September 9, 2005, 10:59 AM
Alien Vs. Predator!

I don't get this bit.

TedHobgood
September 9, 2005, 12:01 PM
Hobgood VS Motley
Palmisano VS Melillo
Frohne VS Stein
Drunk Mike Bamford VS Drunk Chris Conklin
Heidi VS Andi VS Jasmine

Heidi VS Andi VS Jasmine -- THE THREEWAY DANCE...OF DEATH!

Drunk Mike Bamford VS Drunk Chris Conklin -- LOSER MUST CONSUME NOTHING BUT MILK FOR A FORTNIGHT

Frohne VS Stein -- NO HOLDS BARRED BARFIGHT

Palmisano VS Melillo -- GROPE-A-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!

Hobgood VS Motley -- FIRST BLOOD, TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS MATCH WITH TWO TURNTABLES, A MICROPHONE, AND AUSTIN NAVA ON HUMAN BEATBOX

Kit's Alter Ego
September 9, 2005, 01:49 PM
Frohne VS Stein -- NO HOLDS BARRED BARFIGHT

That's true; the natural cause of a bar fight is de first Froh'ne Stein.

--Kit

TedHobgood
September 9, 2005, 02:08 PM
That's true; the natural cause of a bar fight is de first Froh'ne Stein.

--Kit
Ouch! That one was sharp...

Commonwealth Kid
September 11, 2005, 08:58 PM
Hobgood VS Motley -- FIRST BLOOD, TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS MATCH WITH TWO TURNTABLES, A MICROPHONE, AND AUSTIN NAVA ON HUMAN BEATBOX

Before I take anyone on, I need to finish my coursework :

http://www.musicianuniversity.com/courses/easy_rap_method_1.html

TedHobgood
September 12, 2005, 12:03 AM

Only $17.95? I'm almost curious enough to lay down the green just to see what the course is like. I want to learn rhythm!!!!

Lisa P
September 12, 2005, 12:23 AM

Only $17.95? I'm almost curious enough to lay down the green just to see what the course is like. I want to learn rhythm!!!!Haha, I desperately need to learn to rap. We should pool our funds and take this course together.

andrewH
September 12, 2005, 06:07 PM
Heidi VS Andi VS Jasmine -- THE THREEWAY DANCE...OF DEATH!

http://clendening.kumc.edu/dc/rm/15_03p.jpg
--Holbein

nborgie
October 20, 2005, 02:00 PM
My name is Nick Borgerding. I am 24 years old. I have taken L1 w/ Ross, L2 w/ Zach, L3 w/ Scott.

Starting to learn about Improv has been a great experience for me. The people I have met at DSI are all nice. I even got to go to a hamster funeral once. Everyone is very encouraging and I wish we had more group hugs.

In real life I am a salesman. A dirty, dirty salesman. I will steal the only pictures of your grandparents wedding and then represent you in negotiations to get them back from the nameless thief, all the while shaking my head, sharing in your disgust at the monster who could do such a thing. Thatís just how I roll.

Iím pretty good at drinking beer and manual labor, so if you need help with either hit me up.

Sir Kiehart
December 13, 2005, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, I'm Mike Kiehart. 15 years old, I go to school at Carolina Friends School, I'm a sophmore. Live in Durham, NC, I do improv, cooking, and break dance- currently in level 2 of the DSI classes. Peace!

Biddle
April 11, 2006, 10:09 AM
Hello.

I am Chris Biddle. I live in Chicago IL.

I play with Dave Ries and Sayjal Joshi on International Stinger. We have played as an ensemble at the 2003, 2005 & 2006 DSIFs. We recently were accepted as members of the Playground theater. I also act as the Incubator Liaison for the theater.

In my spare time, I collect used DVDs, play COH & COV, post on Chicago's Bee Board and maintain my blog. (Which I will share with you, if you are interested. Just send a PM.) I also read extensively and obsess over politics. I know absolutely nothing about sports.

Recently, I started the Chicago D&D game with Sammy Tamimi, Rene, Higgins, Chip Aucoin and some other nerds. I registered here to make use of their sub-forum and make bits about the silly things that we do, in game.

Thanks for having me around, DSIF board!

Cheers,
COB

Nattybaby
April 28, 2006, 10:10 AM
Hi, My Name is Nathania. I recently moved back to Raleigh (where I grew up) after a few years in the Nation's Capitol - where I studied with WIT.

I went to my first DSI Fest this year and had a blast.

I'm currently studying at IO South, so please don't hate me. I'm looking to fit some DSI into my schedule as well. Community not competition (unless it's a CageMatch, baby!)

I like long walks on the beach, romantic candlelight dinners...oh wait, that's a different forum.

Friend Me at MySpace...http://www.myspace.com/33626039
________
the volcano vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

EthanK
April 28, 2006, 10:19 AM
Come to my party, Nathania!

Glad you're here!

TedHobgood
April 28, 2006, 10:28 AM
Community not competition (unless it's a CageMatch, baby!)
Sweet. Nothing I like better than a woman ready to mix it up in the cage.

And hey! You're at All Kinds of Minds? My mom works there! (or Student Success Center; I always forget which. She works with Mel, anyway.)

Lisa P
April 28, 2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome, Nathania! No hatin' here. We're happy to have partners in our mission to build interest in improv in the Triangle. The more of us there are, the more people we can reach and convert to Improvtology.

We are not a cult.

Nattybaby
April 28, 2006, 11:58 AM
Improvtology - we're not getting Tom Cruise involved are we?

I really want to keep taking my drugs.

And yell during childbirth.
________
TR200 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_TR200)

Jason Morningstar
May 8, 2006, 10:11 AM
Hey, I'm Jason Morningstar. I just finished the level one class with Ethan Kaye and it was extremely fantastic. I'm going to continue to take classes until somebody cuts me off.

I was a theater major in college, the highlight of which was playing Jesus in an avant garde production of Godspell which ended with Judas stuffing me into a Doug-Henning-esque gas chamber. Since then I have done many things. Currently I am married to my wife, Autumn Winters, and work at UNC. DSI seems very cool and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and improving my skillz.

PT
May 8, 2006, 02:28 PM
Welcome Jason!

We are not a cult!

Jason Morningstar
May 9, 2006, 07:43 AM
We are not a cult!

Zach said I had to give him my car. Would it have been OK if I had said no? I think I was still weak and confused from the re-birthing exercise.

Clinton R. Nixon
May 9, 2006, 01:51 PM
Hi! I was in the Level 1 class taught by Ethan as well and it rocked hard. I had an outrageously good time. Because of the winds of fate and scheduling, I'm taking another Level 1 class with Zach next, starting tonight, and am totally jazzed for it.

Outside of improv, I write and publish role-playing games for adults (http://www.anvilwerks.com), which is wacky and fun, and I'm learning a lot from improv that's helping me in my play and design. I also play the hell out of the baritone ukulele (http://monkeyandtherazor.com), including doing musical improv. I'm married to the awesomest lady around (http://www.crystalandclinton.com/crystal/), Crystal, who is a world-wide adventurer and public health advocate.

I totally appreciate the support everyone at DSI's given me so far, and can't wait to sharpen my deadly swords of agreement.

RemiTreuer
May 25, 2006, 12:53 PM
Gah, missed this.

Hi! I'm Remi Treuer. I've taken Ethan Kaye's Level 1 Class and I'm waiting with baited breath for Austin Nava's Level 2. I graduated from the 'Great Books Program' at St. John's College in 2000. I've moved around a lot. In my spare time I'm a cartoonist for the most part. I also game with Jason and Clinton, and occasionally I strum the guitar. I live with my lovely girlfriend Liz in beautiful Old West Durham, along with my cat, Tuxedo. I'm between jobs at the moment, but hold out hope I'll find something awesome.

DSI has opened up a fascinating new world of humor and performance for me, and I'm looking forward to getting to know, and becoming a part, of the community.

DSIttered
May 27, 2006, 06:47 PM
I'm normally known online as "sittered" (note the not entirely unclever modification for this forum), but my realworld name is Matt Palmer. I'm rising senior and a member of CHHSimprov (chapel hill high school), and have been since Aug, 2005. I see DSI shows on a fairly regular basis, and see them as a reason to keep impro - I mean, making my improv better. Three things for you to chew on:

The thought of a Harold excites rather than frightens me.

I will physically destroy a man if it means I can have some Dr. Pepper.

It has yet to occur to me that an obsession, be it with improv or soda, can be unhealthy. I probably only have the latter to worry about.

PS: I shall make intimate friends with a DSI Level I class this summer.

TedHobgood
May 27, 2006, 11:51 PM
PS: I shall make intimate friends with a DSI Level I class this summer.
After you make intimate friends with a DSI Level I class, make sure you call her the next day, so that she doesn't think you're toying with her affections.

DSIttered
May 28, 2006, 10:36 PM
Maybe she wouldn't feel as cheap if I didn't have to pay for it.

TedHobgood
May 29, 2006, 02:14 AM
Maybe she wouldn't feel as cheap if I didn't have to pay for it.
A girl's gotta pay the rent. I'm sure this one's worth what you put into it.

Shoney Taylor
June 28, 2006, 02:10 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Shoney and I just moved from Chicago! I moved to Chapel Hill recently with my wife of ten years, Mary, and we have an eight year old named Del!

I know what you're thinking, but I never even heard of Del close in 1998. I work at the post office in the Timberlyne area. I hope to see everyone soon. I've heard good things.

P.S. Too bad the theatre isn't on my route.

schermy01
August 16, 2006, 10:31 PM
I'm Keith Schermerhorn, aka Schermy, aka Keith S., though I go by several nicknames, which I've acquired over the years through my different adventures in life (hence, the nicknames Butterfingers and Evil Keith)depending on which group of friends I am with. I love comedy, and first discovered improv as a comedic art form a couple years ago. I love it!
I found out about DSI Comedy Theater through a web search, when I started considering attending the next Dirty South Improv Festival, signed up for the Level I class, and now I am hooked! I've since taken Level II, and want to take more classes with DSI, but may have to wait, because of where I live (Charlotte).
ANYWAY, I hate writing biographies about myself, but hopefully you will all see me performing soon, as part of the Baldies, a new improv group being formed for the sake of showing our asses (and bald heads) in Cage Match, in September. I will also be attending some future shows, and laughing hard.
Living it up in North Carolina,
Skermy K (woa, a new nickname!)

ewhirsh
September 3, 2006, 02:48 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Eric and I have decided to avoid my pressing afternoon tasks to finally join the DSI Forums community instead. Some of you know me in that I went to high school (CHHS) with you (for example, I was a senior in Jonah's freshman ELP class...). Others (UNC/Chips/Lab!) folk know me as a friend of the improv and drama major crowd and as a musician/sound designer for various DDA things. Still others know me as a classmate in recent Zach and Austin level 1 and 2 classes. And the rest of you? Well, boy, you are in for a treat.

I have to preface everything with my pure respect and admiration for the DSI community; you are all a truly wonderful and charismatic group of people and I'm happy to spend some time in life amongst you.

Now on to why we're really all here looking at this post, to talk about ME!
My primary deal is that I am a musician through and through. I am passionate about the things I do and the things I believe in, and I thrive off of collaborating on great projects with other passionate people.

By training I am a jazz pianist, but my interests and endeavors have lead me to playing keyboard/programming for funk/hiphop/techno projects, being a producer for local artists in the acoustic/electro-pop vein, composing for big band and studio orchestra, a smattering of Afro-Cuban percussion and dance, sound design, and musical theatre.

It is at this point that I refer y'all over to www.erichirsh.com for mp3 downloads of the things I've done so far. My biggest project to date has been to be the composer half of a musical writing team with the wonderful Dana Dobreva (librettist/lyricist/director). We've been working on a show called Puppets and Shadows for over a year now and are in the middle of a major rewrite before we try to get a non-profit theater to pick it up for a workshop/production and hopefully have it end up off off off off off broadway.

So, why me and DSI? Everyone joins for so many different reasons, and I think that is fantastic. First off, I've known so many people who do it and have "been a witness" to me (praise jesus! or del close, rather). Secondly, I'm writing a show but haven't acted on stage in over 10 years. This is a chance for me to get inside the mind and body of someone on stage so that i can better connect with them and write for them. Thirdly, like every awkward liberal arts major twenty something, I really need to work on letting go, being less of an introvert, opening up, speaking up, confidence, etc,

Fourthly (and most intellectually), I've grown up in an improvising/jamming culture, but of musicians. It is really interesting to cross over into a different culture and see the similarities and differences in the way improvisation is taught and employed. I'd love to have a glass of red wine and pretentious banter with anyone interested in pursuing this topic further. As I'm now learning to realte my music and improv comedy abilities, I'm getting excited to pull out my DSI agenda card: if the talent and climate are ever right around here, I'd really really really love to be involved in musical improv games/improv musicals, etc. I'd totally work to make it happen.

Alright, that's enough from me. Hello all, glad to be here.

Eric

Monica
September 3, 2006, 02:52 PM
Woohoo! Damn. Glad to have you!

Becky
September 30, 2006, 03:31 PM
I'm Becky, I'm 22, and I moved to Carrboro, NC just this month. My friend/fellow improviser/drinking buddy, Katie and I moved here from Rome, Georgia. We attended the last three D.S.I.F's with Berry College's troupe, Easy Baked Improv. We really liked the town, so here we are. I'm taking the level one class with Jason right now. We are currently looking for more drinking/dancing buddies. Show yourselves!

Lumberjedi
October 1, 2006, 02:57 PM
Hey what's up! I'm Sam from Jason's Level 1 class. I am a Senior at East Chapel Hill High School and am a member of Randomax, the East Improv group. I'm 18 which means I'm legal. I've gone and chilled at many a Best Show Ever and some Cage Matches and then this past 24Live. It was classic. It is what made me take the classes. My favorite thing to do ever is to listen to Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" while cruising at night with my windows down and pretending I'm Sonny Crockett from Miami Vice.

Happy knowing you all!

Katie
October 2, 2006, 12:35 AM
Hey, I'm Katie, previously mentioned in Becky's post. We are not the same person, I swear. About me... I work at a grocery store. I plan to intern for DSIF. I love anything improv and can't wait to fully immerse myself. I really like watching Lost. If you want to watch Lost with me, that would be great.
Howdy. That's Georgian for hello.

TedHobgood
October 2, 2006, 06:04 AM
Howdy. That's Georgian for hello.
And I thought I was the only person around who said "howdy"...

Howdy! Welcome!

ooh my geez
October 2, 2006, 06:48 AM
Welcome, Katie and Becky... its awesome to have you guys here!
And Sam... thank you for choosing LumberJedi as your username.

The Dynamo
October 2, 2006, 08:29 AM
I really like watching Lost. If you want to watch Lost with me, that would be great.

You will fit in here just fine. We are DVRing the season at the Canary Castle. If this doesn't mean anything to you, it will eventually.

Welcome!

thenickfaber
October 2, 2006, 08:39 AM
We are currently looking for more drinking/dancing buddies.

These two actions are inseparable for me.

Show yourselves!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/1296/2107/1600/weddingdance.jpg

tommyb
October 2, 2006, 08:53 AM
Welcome to DSI, Ladies and Gentledude. :)

Love,
Tommy B

Becky
October 2, 2006, 03:00 PM
Alright, so when are we all going to get drunk, dance, and watch Lost?

coolette87
October 2, 2006, 10:11 PM
Hey there, it's Colette (Olivia Henderson's mini-me). I'm a real slacker because I joined the forum back in July but just have not gotten a chance to say ANYTHING until..um...October. Yep, pretty pathetic. Especially considering I'm online most of the hours of the day. But hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? So anyway, I'm excited about taking Jeremy's 3L class later this month. I feel like I've been away from Improv for too long and I need to get back into it! Well that's all I really have for now. I'm really going to make an effort to keep up with the forums. Really really.

oldsophomore
October 3, 2006, 11:21 AM
Alright, so when are we all going to get drunk, dance, and watch Lost?

Drunk = Tonight after Jason's Level 1 @ Armadillo - say 9:45pm?
Dance = Talk to Austin or Scott Jennings ;)
Watch Lost = tomorrow night after CSz ends @ 505A N Greensboro Street.

bioguy
October 3, 2006, 01:39 PM
Hi,
I am Tom and recently moved to Durham from Asheville via Delaware and NY. I am also in Jason's level I class. I was part of an inprov group in DE called "Komikazes" for a couple of years. Monica and I work together at UNC and told me about all of the fun you have. I am looking forward to meeting and working with many of you in the years to come.

Bioguy

Jason Quinn
October 3, 2006, 02:04 PM
Glad you're able to post, Tom!

Make sure you check out the class discussion thread as well. There you will find useful info like an after class event tonight.

See you in class.

OldBaldGuy
October 3, 2006, 06:09 PM
Hey there, it's Colette (Olivia Henderson's mini-me). I'm a real slacker because I joined the forum back in July but just have not gotten a chance to say ANYTHING until..um...October. Yep, pretty pathetic. Especially considering I'm online most of the hours of the day. But hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? So anyway, I'm excited about taking Jeremy's 3L class later this month. I feel like I've been away from Improv for too long and I need to get back into it! Well that's all I really have for now. I'm really going to make an effort to keep up with the forums. Really really. Mini-who?
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3778/littleolivcolettexm1.jpg

ewhirsh
October 5, 2006, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=OldBaldGuy]Mini-who?

This is the best thing I've ever seen. those shorts are money.

Jenling
October 10, 2006, 02:10 PM
Hi all, I'm Jen and I too am taking Jason's level 1 class. I'm a graphic designer at the NC Institute for Public Health where I work with Zannie who put me on to this whole Improv thing. I'm looking forward to coming out and seeing more shows!

missjenny
December 11, 2006, 06:26 PM
Hi. I'm Jenny. I just finished taking Chris's Level 2. I'm looking forward to Level 3. I like margaritas.

thenickfaber
December 12, 2006, 10:47 AM
Hi. I'm Jenny.

"Welcome Jenny! We are so glad to have you"

OldBaldGuy
December 12, 2006, 11:48 AM
I like margaritas.mmm-HMM! Here's how we do it at our house:

Per person...
2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice (best deal, Sam's Club Ė huge, juicy, vivid-green bagfuls for insanely little)
2 oz. Tequila (Cuervo Gold is best, but any T will get the job done)
2 oz. Triple-sec

mush up a bunch of ice in the Cuisinart (or equiv)
throw it all in the blender and let fly till it's nice and foamy-frozen

pour into pre-chilled glasses, knock 'em down, have some more if you dare

oh yeah..."Welcome Jenny!"

ooh my geez
December 12, 2006, 01:33 PM
You know what's pretty weird?...
reading back through everyone's intros from 2003 and early 2004.

GEEZ!

thenickfaber
December 12, 2006, 01:34 PM
GEEZ!

OH MY!

Dave Siegel
December 12, 2006, 01:45 PM
You know what's pretty weird?...
reading back through everyone's intros from 2003 and early 2004.

no shit. wow.

Dr. Love
December 24, 2006, 10:32 AM
Hello Everyone!

My name is Tim! I'm from Richmond!

Thanks so much to everyone I met, saw, and performed with this weekend. The shows were a lot of fun, and everyone at DSI is amazing off the stage too. I'll definately be back!

PT
December 24, 2006, 06:55 PM
Dr. Love, pleasure meeting you.

I need a prescription by the way.

Yes, for love.

Edward
January 24, 2007, 11:11 AM
Hey, I'm Edward. AKA ed, eddy or The Dward. Or Eddo. Whatever may tickle your fancy. Ted, however, is not acceptable.

I'm in Zach's level 3 class at the moment, and I just started working with Comedy Sportz. I go to UNC right now but I'm also from Chapel Hill!

PT
January 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the boards Eduardo!

Edward
February 2, 2007, 01:29 PM
Thank you kindly, sir!

leiran
February 4, 2007, 08:19 PM
Hello DSIers:

I am currently enrolled in the Level 1 class taught by Jason Scott Quinn, and am enjoying my (re)introduction to improv. I grew up in Newton MA, and performed for three years in a troupe called Spontaneous Generation. At Clark University in scenic Worcester MA, I majored in Theater and Environmental Science. In addition to performing in plays there, I had a great time with Clark's improv troupe "The Pea Pod Squad". Well, it's been 5 years since I last stepped on a stage (in 2002), and I am very rusty.

I hope this new improv class can help me reinvigorate my creative life, and I hope to have a little fun while I'm at it.

Jason Quinn
February 5, 2007, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the Boards, Leiran! You are off to a great start in class. Checking the online forums regularly is a great to get introduced to the DSI community, so check it all out.

And come to shows! I hope to see you at the Festival this week.

Karli
March 22, 2007, 07:37 PM
Hi all. What do you want to know about me? I like to bicycle and used to play a lot of freestyle frisbee. As a child, used comedy to cope with life. During the last about 10 years, during divorce, I got more seriously interested and took a comedy class through Carolina Health and Humor Association (HA HA), a stand-up class that was given at Charlie Goodnites (did open mike night there once), and now DSI level 1 twice (a year and a half ago and just finished last week). Now enrolled in level 2.

Don't know where it will go, just following my bliss...

Hoping to find a place to pitch a tent in Carrboro so I can hang out without much needed in the way of moneys...

Blessed Be.

Karli

SouthernChild782
May 21, 2007, 12:07 PM
hi everyone my name is Brenda and high-dee-ho everyone.

Alittle business about little old me. Well let's see here. My name is Brenda, I'm 22 yrs old, I live a boring life in a place called Wallburg,Nc 1000 Farmers 1000 Farmer's Wifes and 1000 John Deere Tractors then there's little old me and No I'm NOT a farmer, No I'm NOT a farmer's wife, and NO I'm NOT a John Deere Tractor.

I love doing Improv Comedy even thought I'm new to it so I'm always looking for new advice in the field. I'm in the DSI Comedy Class taught by Jeremy. But has anyone noticed that Zach Ward looks like the lead singer from the band Maroon 5??? at least he does to me. well anyways hope to make some friends on here and get better at Improv. Alrighty then later....

TedHobgood
May 21, 2007, 01:11 PM
hi everyone my name is Brenda and high-dee-ho everyone.
And a happy hi-de-ho (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imARUZs0Qo8) to you, Brenda!

thenickfaber
May 21, 2007, 02:11 PM
But has anyone noticed that Zach Ward looks like the lead singer from the band Maroon 5???

Separated at birth...
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/3/1/0/6/10766013-10766016-slarge.jpg
-
http://www.dsicomedytheater.com/images/performers-full/28.jpg

coolette87
May 21, 2007, 03:18 PM
i see it! and zach also looks like a brown haired version of tintin:

http://www.museodelnino.es/sala4/mundocomic/tintin.jpg

Kit's Alter Ego
May 21, 2007, 03:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/xchamberx/one%20time%20uses/zachlookalike.jpg

--Kit

PT
May 21, 2007, 03:53 PM
Welcome Brenda!

SouthernChild782
May 21, 2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome.
What's the welcome gift a peace of cherry pie??

TedHobgood
May 21, 2007, 06:16 PM
Actually, it's a cool drink of water. Such a sweet surprise!

PT
May 22, 2007, 01:58 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Nice and bold.

drewcifer
June 21, 2007, 05:29 PM
Uh, I'm Drew. I dont know why I joined this board, I think because it has something to do with comedy and I don't have a lot of friends around here. I've never done improv but I haven't found a lot of avenues for comedy in the triangle except for catching some second rate dipshit at Charlie Goodnight's or something.

I dont know what else to say, but I'm going to fill out that survey in the other stuck thread.

Katie
June 21, 2007, 05:44 PM
hey drew! welcome!

you should come check out a show! our schedule is on our home page (you can click the purdy banner above the boards to get there.) i'll leave you a half price ticket at the door!

drewcifer
June 21, 2007, 05:51 PM
i'm sure i'll do that at some point. i'm in raleigh, so i'm not sure when i'll muster up the motivation to come see something i'm very wary of. i can just imagine five pudgy dudes talking about canceled original shows that were on the Science Fiction Channel, coming up with joke lyrics for cyndi lauper songs about the upcoming presidential election.

or something like that.

McKennon
June 21, 2007, 08:39 PM
Hey, I'm McKennon. I just started the Level 1 class. I've been doing Improv for a few months with a small group at my grad school, but there's proving to be a whole lot that we don't know, so this will be a big help.

See ya out there.

RemiTreuer
June 21, 2007, 09:28 PM
Hey, McKennon! You're awesome. Welcome to the boards!

Just so you know.

PT
June 21, 2007, 11:27 PM
i can just imagine five pudgy dudes talking about canceled original shows that were on the Science Fiction Channel, coming up with joke lyrics for cyndi lauper songs about the upcoming presidential election.

Wow, that's the best idea for anything I've heard lately. You sound sad about this? Are you sad about this? You shouldn't be.

P.S. Gas is a bitch, but coming to check out something that's new to you (DSI) is well worth it.

drewcifer
June 21, 2007, 11:33 PM
i'm sure i'll go, i've got nothing to do typically.

The Dynamo
June 22, 2007, 08:36 AM
i'm sure i'll do that at some point. i'm in raleigh, so i'm not sure when i'll muster up the motivation to come see something i'm very wary of. i can just imagine five pudgy dudes talking about canceled original shows that were on the Science Fiction Channel, coming up with joke lyrics for cyndi lauper songs about the upcoming presidential election.

or something like that.

Only 3 of us are pudgy.

opie100
July 13, 2007, 09:05 AM
I'm new here, and just getting started in improv. I'm in a class at ComedyWorx, which is much closer to Wake Forest than Carrboro. But I must add, your web presence here is classy, and I look forward to getting out to DSI sometime soon.

Rock on.

Katie
July 14, 2007, 03:11 AM
welcome opie!!!

Zach
July 14, 2007, 09:02 AM
Rock on.
Yes, Rock on... And, Awesome!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

You know what I mean?

You should come out next Saturday at 930 for DSI Witness News and Match Game, earlier if you want to catch ComedySportz too. And then hang out before the ride back to Wake Forest.

opie100
July 15, 2007, 04:48 PM
Thx Katie and Zach. Sounds bitchin' - will definately try to make it.

Greg
August 15, 2007, 12:13 PM
I'm one of Zach's level one students. I completely didn't come to this board when I took his level one class the first time, and now I'm taking it again. I cannot prove a correlation between the two events, but to dismiss a correlation out of hand a second time might prove dangerous.

I took my first class because I thought it would be fun, might generally refine my communication skills and specifically make me a better communicator. I took level one again because I'm dense, and because there is no other buzz quite as fun as improv.

Um, is that enough? Can I go now? http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z62/Effinstuff/thParanoid-1.gif

punzy
August 15, 2007, 01:51 PM
Hi! I'm Kristen and I'm taking Zach's Level 1 class. It's a lot of fun so far, I just need to work on giggling less while doing scenes.

tommyb
August 15, 2007, 02:03 PM
Punzy.....

Easily the best username ever!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums and most importantly, welcome to DSI!!!

coolette87
August 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
welcome, greg and kristen!

grant
April 19, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hey everyone! It's me! Grant Dickie!

Alyssa
June 9, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hi, my name is Alyssa, as you can obviously tell from my username. I'm new to DSi, but I'm so pumped about being here! I was born in Jacksonville, grew up in Orlando, went to college in Clemson, South Carolina, and now I'm living here in Carrboro with my awesome roommate KATIE SHUTRUMP!!

I'm in the DSi ComedySportz Sunday Company, and I'm teaching some summer workshops with Katie. I love the people I've met so far and can't wait to meet everyone else. And I'm excited to play around with you guys (on and off stage)!

:)

cristina
July 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hey! I'm Cristina...brand new to the DSI family...am currently playing and learning in the Sunday Company of Comedy Sportz! Nice to meet you all! Really excited to be here!

Kevin Browning
July 12, 2008, 06:36 PM
Whaddup, everyone? My name is Kevin Browning. I am currently a member of the Sunday ComedySportz company. So far I have made it through the 301 level at DSI and have had the pleasure of being taught by Zach Ward and Jeremy Griffin (and please disregard any of the rumors you've heard about Jeremy through the theater grapevine....he is not the 'world's largest bag of douche'). I am also a member of the newly-formed 'Robots are Humans, Too' team. I love improv and I look forward to working/performing with all of you in the coming weeks.

chaileem
July 20, 2008, 09:05 PM
Hello all! I'm Chailee (ky'lee out loud), and I'm new to the Comedysportz Sunday company. I'm moving to Carrboro September 1st from Durham, and I'm excited to be closer to the theater and go back to grad school at UNC. Like any girl next door, I enjoy long walks on the beach, The Bachelorette, and dissection. I'm having a blast in the Sunday company, and really looking forward to the show next week!

Zach
July 20, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hello all! I'm Chailee (ky'lee out loud), and I'm new to the Comedysportz Sunday company. I'm moving to Carrboro September 1st from Durham, and I'm excited to be closer to the theater and go back to grad school at UNC. Like any girl next door, I enjoy long walks on the beach, The Bachelorette, and dissection. I'm having a blast in the Sunday company, and really looking forward to the show next week!
Yeah! Welcome to the theater Chailee!

... and Alyssa... Kevin... and Cristina!

I'm excited to get everyone online talkin' it up. Remember CSz to check out the Rehearsal Journal (http://forums.dsicomedytheater.com/showthread.php?t=8511) notes.

Jen
August 28, 2008, 11:39 PM
Hey Folks,

Hopefully a bunch of you know me. I JUST got access to the forums. Oy!

I'm Jen McGinnis, I work for the theater as a booking agent, and I am a stand-up comedian. I just started doing improv via Paula's Awesome 101 class and will be teaming up with Katie Shutrump for the Dual Duel.

I don't know how much longer I will be in the area, but I have loved everything so far and look forward to more fun and comedy...

RickSkarbez
February 3, 2009, 11:54 PM
Rick Skarbez
- Taking 101 with Zach
- Penn State (2000-04), UNC (05-now), computer science
- Worked on Phroth (PSU humor magazine) for 5 years
- Likes include video games, playing music (currently drums), Scott Pilgrim, The Hold Steady, being the first person to post in a thread after many months, and bullet points

RemiTreuer
February 4, 2009, 12:14 AM
Scott Pilgrim, hell yeah!