View Full Version : Improv Geek Test

Ross White
February 6, 2004, 10:51 PM
http://www.dangoldstein.com/ImprovGeekQuiz.html

How do you score?

Jennings
February 6, 2004, 11:01 PM
56.36364% - Improv Geekarious

God bless Dan Goldstein. And God bless Ptolemy Slocum for making out with me during a scene, giving me another checkmark.

Dave Siegel
February 6, 2004, 11:17 PM
I'm "improv geekalicious". Who wants a taste?

Lisa P
February 6, 2004, 11:33 PM
31.36364% - Improv Geekactular.

Dave Siegel
February 6, 2004, 11:53 PM
I forgot to include "17.27191" percent.

Kit's Alter Ego
February 7, 2004, 04:40 AM
44.54545% - Improv Geekariffic

Hmm. I still have three things to do before that entire first block is all checked.

I'd like to thank Palavi Manay for making out with me both on- and backstage; that was awesome. Oh! And that got me two checks too! Serendipity!

And, though I didn't count it, I personally think our 202 class (Caaaaaallie Peck, Andrew Hutson BANGBANGBANG, ehhhhh...KitFitzSimons, et al.) should count "being referred to by your Name-and-Motion-Game combo" as "being referred to by your improv message board nickname."

--Kit

PS: And they need a check-box like the one on most Purity Tests: "I have: done ____ number of these things for the sole purpose of upping my Improv Geek Test score."

CohenFridge
February 7, 2004, 08:53 AM
22.27273% - Improv Geekalicious

That's...alright...I'm hoping to move up in the rankings.

- Bryan

Oats
February 7, 2004, 09:47 AM
57.72%

Improv Geekarious

KatyJack
February 7, 2004, 11:01 AM
29.09091% - Improv Geekactular

ka-stank.

Peter O'Bryan
February 7, 2004, 09:16 PM
23.18182 Improv Geekalicious.

I can't say I agree. Actually I taste sort of nasty - tangy and salty in a human skin kind of way. Blagh.

Zach
February 7, 2004, 11:05 PM
79.09091% - Improv Geekarino

That was crazy. Geekarino?? Well... maybe... Yes.

~Zach

PT
February 8, 2004, 01:38 AM
28.63636 percent! I'm Improv Geekactular!!

So is that bad or good?

Porter Mason
February 8, 2004, 12:10 PM
54.09091% - Geekarama!

Those questions were great. No mention of improvisers in dreams, which I think is a key thing.

One thing I've never done, which was a category, which I know lots of improv geeks do, is run through scenes in their heads, outside of class or rehearsals. They play both sides of the scenes, I guess? I've never been compelled to do this. Since it seems you'd have to be doing both sides of the scene, how is this helpful? The whole point of doing a scene is being prepared to take on the sometimes unexpected things another person will do. Can someone who's done this explain why you ever did this?

Tom McCudden
February 8, 2004, 01:05 PM
One thing I've never done ... is run through scenes in their heads ... They play both sides of the scenes... Can someone who's done this explain why you ever did this?

Do you honestly only hear one voice in your head? How boring.

Kit's Alter Ego
February 8, 2004, 11:10 PM
One thing I've never done ... is run through scenes in their heads ... They play both sides of the scenes... Can someone who's done this explain why you ever did this?

I have done improv with myself like this. The following are the top (completely true) reasons I've given myself to justify it:

5) I don't feel like singing in the shower. I'll do improv instead.

4) I'm bummed that my conversation with that person went so poorly; I really wish it had gone differently...more like this, say.

3) I'm losing the ability to say things quickly and accurately; I've been stuttering way too much lately. If I start doing improv scenes with myself, I can work my verbal dexterity back up to par.

2) Damn. No improv available because the nearest group's (too far away/non-existent/not meeting due to weather conditions/sucky beyond all reason). Must do something to tide me over.

1) I need an idea for a story I'm supposed to be creating for this class, but I have writer's block. I know! I'll do improv scenes in front of a mirror until I get a concept I can write effectively.

--Kit

PS: Wow. Those five together perfectly describe my feelings during my Independent Studies Fiction-Writing class.

jesstah
February 12, 2004, 11:32 AM
54.54545% - Improv Geekarama

It's like Futurama... but no alcoholic robot.

OR IS THERE?!

-Jesster