PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Improv Festival :: Work Study??

Zach
February 6, 2004, 02:17 AM
www.cif.com

For the past two years, I have been involved in the production of the Chicago Improv Festival, working with a team of 5 to run the largest improv festival in the world. I wanted to post information about the possible intern and work study programs so that interested people can check out the possibility of visiting Chicago and working with the 7th Annual Chicago Improv Fest. Please contact me if you would like to use me as a reference or if you have any questions. The sooner you submit the more pull I could have to guarantee placement.

Thanks!

Zach Ward

Interested in working with CIF?

For 2004, CIF has changed the focus of its work partnerships. This change has being done in two ways. The first has been to redefine CIF’s internship program by expanding the expectations and opportunities that occur between CIF and its interns. The second way has been by adding on two new categories that require a lesser commitment of energy and time: Work/Study Programs, and Volunteers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internships

For the upcoming 2004 festival, CIF is seeking only 12 internships. The areas and amount of interns in each area that CIF seeks are as follows:

Administrative Interns: 2
Potential candidates must have an interest in entertainment or theatre administration.

Company Management Interns: 2
Potential candidates must have an interest in artistic management.

Educational Interns: 2
Potential candidates must have an interest in educational outreach programs.

Marketing Interns: 2
Potential candidates must have an interest in marking and public relations.

Production Interns: 4
Potential candidates must have a strong theatre tech background and interests.

To apply for an internship, CIF requires the following be sent to Rachel Romanski, CIF’s Associate Producer in charge of Internships, at cifrachel@yahoo.com:

1) An introductory cover letter that states which intern category is being applied for.

2) A personal resume with complete contact information and personal references.

For more information, please call the CIF at 773.935.9810 or e-mail Associate Producer Rachel Romanski at cifrachel@yahoo.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Work-Study Programs

CIF seeks to fill a total 24 Work-Study positions.

12 Work-Study slots are currently available for Chicago area residents. The Work-Study positions require a total of 30 hours of festival orientated work completed before the start of the 2004 festival. In exchange, each Work-Study person will receive from CIF an All-Show pass good for the entire 2004 festival, and a CIF 2004 t-shirt. For more information or to apply for a Work-Study position, please e-mail CIF Associate Producer Rachel Romanski at cifrachel@yahoo.com cifrachel@yahoo.com, or call the CIF office at 773.935.9810.

12 Work-Study positions are also currently available for non-Chicago area residents. These Work-Study positions require a total of 40 hours of festival orientated work to be completed during the 2004 festival. In exchange, each Work-Study person will receive from CIF free tuition to the Weekend Workshops, and a CIF 2004 t-shirt. For more information, or to apply for a Work-Study position, please e-mail CIF Associate Producer Rachel Romanski at cifrachel@yahoo.com or call CIF at 773.935.9810.

Volunteers

Interested in volunteering? Please call CIF at 773.935.9810 or e-mail CIF Associate Producer Rachel Romanski at cifrachel@yahoo.com.

ilaughatme
February 6, 2004, 10:41 AM
When does this festival take place?

Zach
February 6, 2004, 11:07 AM
When does this festival take place?
April 30th - May 9th