PDA

View Full Version : The Bat

CoreyBrown
September 30, 2003, 02:54 PM
Who had their first experience of "The Bat" at 24 Live? what were your feelings on it?

What did you like about it? Dislike about it. Would you like to see something like this done again or more often?

I myself love it.

I saw my first one at DSIF last year and loved it. I just wanna hear thoughts.

Dana S
September 30, 2003, 05:23 PM
Kick ass!!! I loved it. It was fun to watch and seems like it would have been really fun to play as well. I really enjoyed it, although the guy who kept opening the door and ruining the pitch blackness was kind of pissing me off a little bit. But that has nothing to do with the form. The bat was all in all hilarious, and I would love to try it.

The bat=super cool

ryloc
September 30, 2003, 06:05 PM
my god, i loved the bat. it was so fun!

Lisa P
October 1, 2003, 12:05 AM
The bat was amazing! I had read a thread about it on the IRC a while ago, but it ddin't make any sense to me at the time. Oh My God, I am so glad I was there. How incredible it must have been to play that! You guys are so lucky, and so are those of us who were lucky enough to have been in the audience!

Kit's Alter Ego
October 1, 2003, 02:03 PM
I really enjoyed it, although the guy who kept opening the door and ruining the pitch blackness was kind of pissing me off a little bit.

That, unfortunately, was due to people arriving and not taking the hint to stay outside until the Bat was completed.

Who am I to keep avid fans from their improv fix?

--Kit

PS: At least I didn't hold the door open for groups or some idiot-thing like that.

Jeff Sconce
October 2, 2003, 02:28 PM
I thought it was beautiful. It was art.

Zach
October 2, 2003, 03:22 PM
I thought it was beautiful. It was art.

Thanks to everyone.

THE BAT has been and will continue to be the signature form of DSIF Instructors and DSI Core performers. THE BAT has been seen for the past two years at both 24LIVE and DSIF. It was first done regularly by a group called Georgia Pacific in Chicago and has to be one of the most amazing feats of listening and group mind. It is beautiful and I am amazed myself everytime it's done. Even when Colonial Boston goes online - wow.

North Carolina will see THE BAT next on Saturday February 28th at 10:30pm and again at 24LIVE 2004 (Date Coming Soon).

Fire it up!

Kit's Alter Ego
November 30, 2004, 12:43 PM
Bumping Corey's threads in retaliation.