PDA

View Full Version : Vagina Monologues

Jen OBryan
February 4, 2004, 08:47 PM
Hey, guys --

Heidi Efird (Ross's fiancee) and I will be performing in this year's Carrboro and Pittsboro community productions of The Vagina Monologues. Tix are available at Weaver Street in Carrboro - $15, $25 and $50, all proceeds benefit Family Violence and Rape Crisis of Chatham County & The V-Day 2004 Spotlight Campaign.

There are still some volunteer spots available for the Pittsboro show on Sunday, 2/29/04. If interested, contact Christina Griffin at 542-5445 to sign up. Volunteers must be able to attend the orientation on Wednesday, 2/11 at the Fearrington Village blue house.

-- Jen

----

V-DAY CARRBORO and V-DAY PITTSBORO -- Tickets On Sale NOW!
V-Day Carrboro 2004 & V-Day Pittsboro 2004 are benefit productions of Eve Ensler’s “The Vagina Monologues”as part of the V-Day Worldwide Campaign

· · · ·

Saturday, February 21 2004, 8:00pm Carrboro Century Center

Sunday, February 29 2004, 8:00pm The Barn at Fearrington Village

· · · ·

Admission: $15/$25/$50 - Tickets can be purchased at Edwards Antiques in Pittsboro, Beggars & Choosers in Pittsboro, and Weaver Street Market in Carrboro. You can also get tickets for the V-Day Pittsboro performance at McIntyre's Books in Fearrington Village.

Goal: To raise awareness to stop violence against women and girls and to raise funds for our beneficiaries – Family Violence and Rape Crisis of Chatham County & The V-Day 2004 Spotlight Campaign: Afghanistan is Everywhere: Spotlight on Missing and Murdered Women in Juarez

Sponsored by:

BARNEYS NEW YORK
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
EILEEN FISHER
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Hearst Publications
Lifetime Television
Luna Bar
Marie Claire Magazine
Peacekeeper
Tampax
Time Inc.
Vosges Haut-Chocolat

What is V-Day? V-Day is a global movement to stop violence against women and girls. V-Day is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money, and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations. Through benefit performances of “The Vagina Monologues,” unique documentary film projects and innovative gatherings designed to change social attitudes toward violence, V-Day generates broader attention for the fight to stop worldwide violence against women and girls including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation (FGM), and sexual slavery. In its first six years, the V-Day movement has raised over $20 million. The 'V' in V-Day stands for Victory, Valentine and Vagina. For more information, please visit www.vday.org.

The V-Day Worldwide Campaign invites members of communities around the world to present benefit productions of “The Vagina Monologues” on or around V-Day (February 14th) to raise money and awareness to stop violence against women and girls. The proceeds from these events are donated directly to local organizations in the community that are working to stop this violence. The Worldwide Campaign strives to empower women to find their collective voices and demand an end to the epidemic levels of violence and abuse in their communities around the world.

Ross White
February 5, 2004, 07:29 AM
I will be at both performances. I urge you to join me at one!

Lisa P
February 5, 2004, 08:03 AM
Can I get a ticket at the door? I don't know that I could make it to any of those places during business hours.

Jen OBryan
February 5, 2004, 09:59 AM
They tell us that the show sold out in a few days last time they did it and they expect the same this time around. I can pick up a ticket for you if you're interested, Lisa -- just let me know :)

Lisa P
February 5, 2004, 12:00 PM
Jen- Yes, thank you! I would appreciate that. I want to go on Saturday. Is the seating ticketed, or is it first come? If it's ticketed, maybe I could coordinate with someone else who hasn't gotten their tickets yet so I don't have to sit by myself.