PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a competent mechanic.

Jennings
January 27, 2004, 08:35 PM
My car is sitting next to RossAndHeidi's mailbox, probably with a little bit of oil in it only on account of the ice.

So clearly, I need to get her to a mechanic. I need some serious engine work -- the last estimate called for the replacement of a gasket seal and some oil doohickey (shutup, the estimate is in the glovebox of the car) and I kept driving it until now, when I began to notice a knocking sound that Austin thinks is a lifter, but with my luck, is a rod. So I need either extensive engine work or a used engine installed. Blah blah blah, you don't care, and it's not particularly important.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic for a 1994 Nissan Sentra, preferably close to RossAndHeidi's? I guess I could go back to the shop that gave me the first estimate and did my alternator a few weeks ago, but if someone knows a completely honest guy, I'll be happy to send my business their way.

Thanks, kittens.

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:43 PM
Get a new car, that's what I say

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:44 PM
I agree PT, even though Scott could use a new car, he probably needs some work on it first, before he sells it

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:45 PM
You think? Hmm, I'm trying to think about a good place for him to go to. Hmmmm?

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:47 PM
Don't kid yourself PT, you couldn't find a good place to get a car worked on, even if it that place called you and said, "Come over here!"

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:48 PM
Hey, shut up Jerk face! I do so know of good places to go! And for your information, I know lots of people who work on cars! I get mine worked on for free all the time!

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:49 PM
Oh yeah? Give me a name!

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:49 PM
I don't want to! I don't tell people things about stuff I know if there real jerks to me!

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:50 PM
You're the jerk! You stupid jerky jerk! Why am I evening talking to you!!

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:51 PM
I DON'T KNOW!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE THIS THREAD!! I WAS HERE FIRST ANYWAYS!!

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:52 PM
FINE!!

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:52 PM
GREAT, GET OUT OF HERE!! YOU MAKE ME SICK!

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:53 PM
I'M GONE, GOOD LUCK IN YOUR LIFE, YOU WANNA BE! :evil:

PT
January 27, 2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah Scott, I wish I knew. Call around, that's all I can say.

P.S. If that guy comes again, tell him to get lost!

Kit's Alter Ego
January 28, 2004, 12:07 AM
The I-Am-Not-Bryan-Cohen virus is spreading.

--Kit

PS: No it's not.
PPS: Yes it is.
PPPS: Both of you shut up!

Jennings
January 28, 2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the bit, douche.

Mr. Drowatsky was kind enough to PM me a tip, please don't let this horrifically lame bit stop you from lending your advice.

Peter O'Bryan
January 28, 2004, 07:40 PM
Jen's dad often fixes our car. He does a pretty good <big><big><big>JEEEORRRRMB</big></big></big> of it, too. Amskray?

I am not Bryan Cohen
January 28, 2004, 11:46 PM
What's a bit?

melanie
February 6, 2004, 10:39 PM
Hi Scott,

You've probably fixed your car by now, but I thought I should mention I've been very happy with East Franklin Car Care, they've kept my 91 Nissan Sentra in great shape these past 4 years. They never ever talk down to me, and once they fixed my brakes for $5. They are in Chapel hill; coming from Durham, take the Franklin St. fork off 15-501 and you'll see it next to Staples on your left.

Wishing your car a prompt recovery,

Melanie