PDA

View Full Version : 24Live: The Groupies

Kit's Alter Ego
September 24, 2003, 06:59 PM
So, I'm planning on being at the Big Event (and staying awake) for the whole time to lend support, suggestions and sedentary service. This poses an interesting question, as I've never actually been to any of a 24Live before (Scott Jennings can stop paying attention if he wants):

1) With the intent of being audience member/volunteer for 24 hours straight, does one bring vittles with one, or does one say, "Screw it, I'm going to Linda's."? In fact, if vittle-provision isn't frowned upon by the Powers That Be, is there interest in a common pool? Of food. To eat.

2) There is no two. Only Zuul.

--Kit "not to be confused with Dana" FitzSimons

PS: Dang, this really sounds like something a DSIntern would post. Good thing I'm not one of those.

PPS: I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that airhorns and big fingers are frowned upon.

Ben Moser
September 24, 2003, 08:39 PM
I personally would love to see a big finger or even several of them out on the crowd when I'm on stage. Air horns give me headaches.

EthanK
September 25, 2003, 04:20 PM
Not a finger or an air horn, but if you look closely in the audience you can see my hideously unkempt haircut standing out like a neon sign that says "HELP HIM." I would be interested in the food situation though. I'm still bringing a case of Mountain Dew, no matter what. Dig in, y'all.

Jennings
September 25, 2003, 05:04 PM
Why does everyone love me so much?

Or is this a subtle request for me to not mock the notion of viewing 24 hours of improv as any sort of challenge, on account of my experience viewing 52.5 straight one time? 'Cause I did that, you know. I'll never do it again, but I did that.

I will not be watching all of 24 Live.

Dana S
September 25, 2003, 05:58 PM
Jennings-you may have done that once, but whether you can do it again remains to be seen. I'm disappointed. Besides 24 hours shouldn't be challenge-it should be easy-24 hours of awesome.

A food pool sounds good to me. I'll bring something if we do that. I plan on bringing a stash of redbull and chocolate covered expresso beans for myself. I'll try and bring something for people either way.

~Dana

PS-Somebody please bring a big finger. That would be so cool.

Ross White
October 1, 2003, 04:32 PM
Kudos to Kit for bringing the big finger.

Who else made it up the entire time?

EthanK
October 3, 2003, 01:46 PM
I was there, but missed the last four hours (the "awesome" hours) to work the door. But I was awake and stayed awake until midnight. Oddly enough, I was feeling beat until I got onstage for the Documentary but could have gone on for another day afterwards.

will.
October 8, 2003, 08:39 PM
i was there for 22 of the 24 hours so i guess like 11/12ths of the time...

Dana S
October 10, 2003, 11:30 PM
24 hours all the way! I missed some of the wee morning hours taking tickets though. We should have 24 hours of improv every week.

Kit's Alter Ego
October 11, 2003, 10:46 AM
24 hours all the way! I missed some of the wee morning hours taking tickets though. We should have 24 hours of improv every week.

Ah! This sounds like the premise of a troupe I'd like to join!

--Kit

PS: :oops: As soon as I take, you know, 202 and 303. :?

PPS: :idea: A 24-Hour Intensive! I'd sign up! Who else?

PPPS: Ooh! And then we could have our Intensive-Show at the end of the 24 hours!
. This idea just keeps getting better!

Kit's Alter Ego
September 24, 2004, 03:14 AM
It's that time of year again! 24LIVE is here, and DSI needs groupies! Sure it's great to see people wander in and out to fit their schedules, but isn't it better to have a Core audience as well?

ANSWER: Yes!

So here we go! I will be in the front row every minute that I am not onstage or at Call in the green room. I'm hoping to go on a grocery run some time today so I can have as huge a supply of cold cuts as I did last year. And do I have the Big Blue Finger from last year?

ANSWER: Yes!

--Kit

PS: That's right! You thought I was going to start a new thread, but I got the subtle hint that Zach sent! Old friend from the past indeed!

Zach
September 24, 2004, 07:59 AM
PS: That's right! You thought I was going to start a new thread, but I got the subtle hint that Zach sent! Old friend from the past indeed!
Hilarious!

Note: I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night. When does that ever happen?