PDA

View Full Version : IO & UCB come to NC!

seth dub chicago
January 13, 2004, 12:07 PM
Hello everyone-
My name is Seth Weitberg and I've been involved with the DSI show, The Beatbox, here in Chicago since May. I wanted to let you all know about a special show coming to Durham in a couple weeks. I will be premiering my one-man show, the john doe project, at Duke U. on Sat. Jan 24th at 8:00. (http://www.johndoeproject.com)

MORE IMPORTANTLY than that, though, at least for this board, is that following the show there will be an improv set featuring DSI's own Porter Mason, from Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater in NYC, Flynn Barrison and Bret Runestad, and from ImprovOlympic in Chicago, Sarah Haskins and myself.

The show is only $5 and it's gonna be an absolute blast, if you have any questions PM me or talk to Porter.

ryloc
January 18, 2004, 11:39 PM
seth is awesome.

just sending some love from one stewtopian to another.

see him.

Porter Mason
January 19, 2004, 11:20 AM
Dudes,

This show will be a ton of fun, and for only $5.

Seth's one-man show is solid (I helped him a bit with the script, so I've seen some of it) and funny.

And T.J. Monkey's is the rule-iest longform group evah! It will be a reunion show of sorts, as this is the first time Bret, Flynn, and I have done TJM since July at the Del Close Marathon. But it will be doubly cool because it will be the first time doing longfom with Seth, who we performed with tons doing DUI.

Basically, it will rule, and I'd get there early, as Seth is promoting a lot on campus and I'm sure it will sell out.

8pm, Branson Theater, which is on Duke's East campus (the campus next to Ninth St. and nearer to downtown Durham). On the map below, Branson is the top left of the map, the unmarked rectangle between the two buildings marked "Art" and "Biddle Music". For directions on how to get to East Campus from 85, Raleigh and Chapel Hill, go here:
http://www.oit.duke.edu/CMSsub/maps/maps.html

http://www.oit.duke.edu/CMSsub/maps/images/eastmap.gif

ryloc
January 22, 2004, 06:09 PM
if you don't go, you are admitting to yourself and the world that you don't like cool things.

if you don't go, i hope you have fun cutting up your scientific americans and making your geek collage.

if you don't go, i will seriously cry. seriously.. cry!

go!

oh, and let me know if you don't go cos i wanna know how many tears i need to shed. i haven't cried in a while and i can shed a lot of tears.

you DON'T wanna see THAT. you DO wanna see this show.

jesstah
January 22, 2004, 06:14 PM
His site went down today folks... he didn't sob, but there were angry tears.

-Jesster

Kit's Alter Ego
January 22, 2004, 06:55 PM
if you don't go, you are admitting to yourself and the world that you don't like cool things.
if you don't go, i hope you have fun cutting up your scientific americans and making your geek collage.
if you don't go, i will seriously cry. seriously.. cry!
oh, and let me know if you don't go cos i wanna know how many tears i need to shed. i haven't cried in a while and i can shed a lot of tears.
you DON'T wanna see THAT. you DO wanna see this show.

Okay, so I was planning on not being allowed to borrow the car--and I was fine with that-- but I can't be the one responsible for Ryan crying.

Is anyone from Chapel Hill going who could give me a ride? You wouldn't be doing it for me; you'd be doing it for Ryan's complexion.

--Kit

PS: I tried to find a picture of Tammy Faye Baker for this postscript, but Yahoo! failed me.

EDIT: Altavista didn't do much better, but...
http://www.dvdworldonline.com/images3/Eyes_Of_Tammy_Faye_DVD.jpg

ilaughatme
January 22, 2004, 07:05 PM
One time, when I was watching Jesus of Nazareth as a child my dad told me that Peter cried so much after he betrayed Jesus that he had indentions in his cheeks.

Catholic childhoods are wonderful.

Kit's Alter Ego
January 22, 2004, 07:09 PM
One time, when I was watching Jesus of Nazareth as a child my dad told me that Peter cried so much after he betrayed Jesus that he had indentions in his cheeks.

And thus were born dimples.

--Kit

PS: I have 'em. Bad.

EthanK
January 22, 2004, 09:18 PM
Peter wasn't even there. He might have been off in the distance, but he wasn't there. In fact, he was gone jsut ebcause he felt guilty about betraying Jesus three times before the cock crowed. But anyway, I probably would have cried if they crucified my friend, no matter where I was at the time.

CohenFridge
January 22, 2004, 10:07 PM
I'm Jewish.

...and ignorant.

ilaughatme
January 22, 2004, 10:24 PM
Dude. I know. He was off crying about the betrayal. Read my original post, you skimmer skim skimmerson.

EthanK
January 23, 2004, 07:18 AM
Dude, I'm totally wrong in my reading of your original post. Totally sorry. Although I remember reading your post like three times and coming up with the same conclusion in my head. Also, Dude, where's my car?

Porter Mason
January 23, 2004, 08:35 AM
All this biblical noodling aside... come see this kickass show!

CoreyBrown
January 23, 2004, 08:53 AM
I don't know Porter. I mean, WWJD?

EthanK
January 23, 2004, 09:13 AM
TJ Monkeys does not make Peter cry.

Porter Mason
January 23, 2004, 09:39 AM
And THAT'S the T.J. Monkey's promise!!

jesstah
January 23, 2004, 10:09 AM
In summary, go see Seth's show so Ryan does not get indentations in his cheeks, because, after all, he is Catholic.

-Jesster

Ross White
January 23, 2004, 10:17 AM
If you're a Mister Diplomat fan, you can find us there. We'll be at the show. Watching. Laughing. Loving.

seth dub chicago
January 24, 2004, 11:13 AM
Whatup crazy playa pimps?!?!

The show is TONIGHT! So hop on the Awesome Town Express, and get yo fly self over. I'd get there around 7:30 just to be extra safe.

Porter's map rules!

Seth + TJ Monkeys = Funky good time.

Word

DROWATZKY
January 25, 2004, 09:40 AM
If I'd had my voice with me last night I'd have said so in person.

Thanks for a great show. I enjoyed it completely.

EthanK
January 25, 2004, 10:59 AM
I had a great time and really enjoyed both performances. Really good stuff.

Ross White
January 26, 2004, 10:42 AM
Seth deserves some serious kudos for his one-man show. I was thoroughly impressed by every sketch. And I could sometimes hear him over Jennings's loud, uproarious laughter.

The improv set was wonderful; of course, I expect that from performers as talented as Bret, Flynn, Porter, and Seth. Well done, gentlemen. I feel sorry for any suck who missed this show.

CoreyBrown
January 26, 2004, 11:02 AM
Yes, over all it was worth my 5 bucks and then some.

Thanks for making a trek back home to show us what Chicago and NYC are teaching you all.

ryloc
January 26, 2004, 11:35 AM
cool, now i don't have to cry too much!

i have not seen the one-man show, but i did get to do improv with seth 6 hours before he left for the airport. and i've heard and have seen what porter can do (if you count a workshop 2 years ago as "seeing").

:wink:

seth dub chicago
January 29, 2004, 11:26 AM
I wanted to thank you all for coming to the show and showing support. I'm glad you guys had fun; we all definitely had a blast. Keep rocking out DSI styles and I'll see you guys in a few weeks for DSIF 4! Come check out the Beatbox if you're over there.

keep it unreal,
Seth