PDA

View Full Version : Headshots for DSI

Gutenburg
January 9, 2004, 03:18 PM
Hello everyone. I have recently opened my own photo studio, specializing in headshot photography. As a bonus to friends/family I have a discount price list. So, what does this mean? Well, DSI and The Other Side are good friends--so that automatically entitles you to the discounted prices! So, for anyone (DSI) that needs new headshots--give me a shout!

Henry Garrett
dukeofdelight@hotmail.com
http://www.othersidecomedy.net

CoreyBrown
January 9, 2004, 03:22 PM
This sounds wonderful

But would this mean driving out to Wilmington for this?

Zach
January 9, 2004, 03:55 PM
Sounds awesome, Henry. Many thanks for providing DSI people with the discount offer. Corey, would the trip to Wilmington be that bad??

Are your studio services online??

Thanks!

EthanK
January 10, 2004, 10:46 AM
Depending on my financial situation, I'd take the ride with you Cory if we could both get them done in the same day.

Gutenburg
January 14, 2004, 01:04 AM
Not necessarily. If enough people were interested, I could take a short trip up to Chapel Hill/Raleigh. However, I would need to "scout" locations for the shoot, as I use natural light.
As for online...Not yet. I will be up soon with a website, but for right now I'm not. I have a portfolio available if anyone is interested. Perhaps DSIF 4 weekend?

CoreyBrown
January 14, 2004, 07:50 AM
If your going to be here, then most def bring it.

Porter Mason
January 14, 2004, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I'd be interested in getting some. I've been meaning to... for years now. Do you mind posting your rates? Just curious.

Gutenburg
January 14, 2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah sure. These rates are for a limited time because I am really doing the friends/family promo to get word around and build my portfolio. Listed below are my discount package rates:

Discount Package Information

Below is a detailed package listing. If you’ve received this discounted package list, you are being offered a fabulous deal. The prices are at cost, plus 20%. The norm for a headshot session is at cost, plus 200%-500%! This offer extends only to those directly given this listing.
All packages include a free consultation before and after the session. Before we will discuss what to bring to the shoot, your wardrobe, etc. After the shoot, I’ll help you go through the pictures and decide on the right one for you.

Package #1: $70.00
Includes 3 rolls of B&W (108 pictures), 3 contact sheets, and 1 8X10 custom print

Package #2: $90.00
Includes 4 rolls of B&W (144 pictures), 4 contact sheets, and 2 8X10 custom prints

<sum> Additional 8x10 prints are $12.00
<sum> If you would like 4x6 prints instead of contact sheets, add $15.00 to any package*
<sum> Hair and Make-up is additional, add $10 to any package**

*Getting 4x6 prints is highly recommended. Contact sheets work perfectly fine, but the larger the print, the more detail it has. This gives you greater knowledge of what the final 8x10 will look like.

**While Hair and Make-up is not required, it is highly recommended for Men and Women. My fiancé, Abbey, is a highly skilled make-up artist and she is wonderful with subtle, natural light make-up. She stays the duration of the shoot, making sure you continue to look your best.

I would love to get a bunch of DSIers to get in on this fabulous deal. I will have to discuss hair and make-up with Abbey, though. It might be more expensive than said prices if travel is involved.

HGD

Porter Mason
January 14, 2004, 01:15 PM
Wow. That's a GREAT deal. Sign me up. If we can't do it at DSIF, then let's definitely get some peops together and take a weekend trip to Wilmington sometime.

Thanks Henry!

EthanK
January 14, 2004, 02:54 PM
It sounds pretty interesting. I think DSIF might be packing a little too much in a little bitty time, but a road trip to Wilmington sounds like not only a good opportunity to get headshots (with hair and make-up) but also a fun little road trip.

Gutenburg
January 14, 2004, 06:41 PM
And...If you come to Wilmington, The Other Side would be most gracious hosts to you! There will be wine, and celebration, and, of course, plenty of improv (if you can make it around Tues.). Although, if I need to come up to CH, that too can be arranged.

Ben Moser
January 14, 2004, 06:56 PM
Did someone say road trip?

CohenFridge
January 22, 2004, 07:57 AM
Whether it be a road trip for DSI to Wilmington...

Or a head shot caravan to Chapel Hill...

When might either of these two trips occur?

I'm very interested in the head shottage :).

Quintessentially Bryan Cohen

Gutenburg
January 22, 2004, 09:01 AM
Well...Let's do a poll. All in favor of trying to cram this in DSIF 4 weekend say, "I." Wait...that doesn't work at all. How's about: Anyone interested in swanky new headshots, send me an email--with your ideal scenario (location, date, etc.). I mean, I'd hate to take away a road trip for you guys, as Ben Moser seems to think it might be a swell time. Anyway...email me (dukeofdelight@hotmail.com) and I'll compile a pro/con list that I'll share later.