PDA

View Full Version : Costume Party + Board Games :: Sat., 10/30

Ross White
October 23, 2004, 03:21 PM
Listen up, all you fun-loving guys and ghouls. Halloween used to be an awesome time where we could all get dressed up, get ripped, and show off. Now, it's just kind of a mediocre time where we can all get dressed up, get ripped, and show off.

So, let's say SCREW HALLOWEEN, and get into costume a day early! (Or, let's get into costume a day early, have a blast, and then do it again on Franklin St. a night later.)

To that end, Ross + Heidi are hosting a costume party with board games on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30, from 6 PM until whenever. We'll have plenty of tasty refreshments, probably some cheesy horror movies (Ethan, we need to talk), and PRIZES.

PRIZES (at 10 PM), people, for your costumes. In several categories. Some of which we'll announce when you get here. Since we haven't figured out all of the categories. Which are being developed based on the prizes we make available. But here are just a few:

TRASHIEST COSTUME
SASSIEST COSTUME
SCARIEST COSTUME
...and MORE!

So come to the White House (if you need directions, PM me this week) on Saturday, October 30, at 6 PM or sometime thereafter. If you're a beer snob, bring what you like; if you're a Halloween candy snob, bring what you like. Otherwise, bring your own bad self, in costume, with a hankerin' to play some ScatterGORIES or CRANIUM. Or other, less eerie board games.

ryloc
October 24, 2004, 12:19 AM
if i come, i will win trashiest costume.

EthanK
October 24, 2004, 01:07 AM
Jack-O.
All I gotta say.

PT
October 24, 2004, 06:08 AM
YAY! JACK TO THE O!!!

Lisa P
October 24, 2004, 10:19 PM
Yay! Party! COSTUME party! My favorite kind!

Ross White
October 26, 2004, 07:26 AM
Heidi and I procured some pretty awesome prizes last night. (Well, OK, so the prizes kind of suck, but think of the swelled head you will get when everyone sees you taking one home!)

So, while not all categories are ready to be released, we've got a few more:
MOST ARTISTIC COSTUME
GRAND CHAMPION

So be at the White House. It will be groovy!

Ross White
October 26, 2004, 10:27 PM
Just added... VIDEO POWER HOUR @ 9 PM.

ryloc
October 26, 2004, 11:01 PM
i saw a sneak peek of callie's costume and i take back my claim of winning trashiest costume...

Zach
October 26, 2004, 11:08 PM
Zach needs costume ideas - I will be coming from PiLam Alumni BBQ (after quick shower, whoa fraternity house) straight to the White House and I am willing to commit to the best suggestion you have. PM me with possible costumes for time limited me.

Thanks,
1988 Punk Rocker
1990 Freddie Kruger
1998 Goat Farmer (you know the accent)
1999 AL from Home Improvement
2002 Guy in black fleece with 3' tall Skeleton (the SKELETON made inappropriate comments to girls, and boys dressed as girls)
2003 Zach Ward (the ZACH made inappropriate comments regarding the trade of "unwanted candy")

ryloc
October 26, 2004, 11:25 PM
let me guess, he wanted to "bone" them?

... i just posted a picture of what i want mine to look like on my blog.

ilaughatme
October 26, 2004, 11:37 PM
Zach needs costume ideas - I will be coming from PiLam Alumni BBQ (after quick shower, whoa fraternity house) straight to the White House and I am willing to commit to the best suggestion you have. PM me with possible costumes for time limited me.

Thanks,
1988 Punk Rocker
1990 Freddie Kruger
1998 Goat Farmer (you know the accent)
1999 AL from Home Improvement
2002 Guy in black fleece with 3' tall Skeleton (the SKELETON made inappropriate comments to girls, and boys dressed as girls)
2003 Zach Ward (the ZACH made inappropriate comments regarding the trade of "unwanted candy")

Jimmy Neutron!!!!

KatyJack
October 26, 2004, 11:56 PM
im tossing away the idea of Zombie Superman. feel free to take this idea.

Kit's Alter Ego
October 27, 2004, 01:29 AM
Just added... VIDEO POWER HOUR @ 9 PM.

Why does the non-sober world want me so much?
And by 'much' I mean 'often'.

And, by the way, Mr. Erik Martin still owes me five bucks for my eating at least five saltines in under a minute. (For those who are not in Community Bike, you missed out on this firelit spectacle, big time).

--Kit

PS: This time I won't have to go back to the FitzSimons residence afterwards though.

Dana S
October 29, 2004, 01:22 PM
Jimmy Neutron!!!!
CeCe I love you.

Ross White
October 29, 2004, 09:23 PM
Other people are e-mailing me for directions! Why aren't you?

ilaughatme
October 29, 2004, 09:25 PM
Ross, I need directions! Send them to me!

Lisa P
October 29, 2004, 09:39 PM
Other people are e-mailing me for directions! Why aren't you?Um, because I know where you live! Do you seek validation through email requests for directions?

JumpCircleOffense
November 1, 2004, 12:50 PM
I had a wicked good time, thanks so much for hosting.

Corey, are you alive?

CoreyBrown
November 1, 2004, 12:56 PM
Alive and kicking sir!

Nothing stops the train. Thanks for the ride. I got some KICK ASS Pizza from I <3 NY Pizza

ryloc
November 1, 2004, 01:02 PM
JumpCircleOffense, are you john?

if so, i have $20 for you. come to the cagematch tomorrow night and i'll give you it (if you vote for community bike).

sorry about not getting back quick enough - we went to four places before finding an open one.

i was sad to see you guys had left.

ross and heidi, thanks for the fun time.