PDA

View Full Version : Transactors improv musical 29-30

hueypriest
October 13, 2004, 11:03 AM
If anyone is going let me know. I can get tickets at the slightly less extreme artscenter friends price.

The Scary Show" Musical Is Oct. 29-30

Transactors Improv presents "The Scary Show," a seasonal variation of its acclaimed improvised musical, Oct. 29 and 30 at The ArtsCenter in Carrboro. The company will examine frightening audience suggestions--some ethereal and some mundane--within the framework of a classic Broadway-style music.

"The Scary Show" on Saturday is a special late-night edition of Transactors Improv, with curtain at 11 p.m., meaning the show will last past--woooooo--midnight! The Friday performance is in the cozy confines of the West End Theater at 8 p.m. Performances of the musical last 75-90 minutes.

"The Scary Show" is long-form improvisation. The entire musical—from the overture, lyrics, and melodies to the story, characters, and dance numbers—is made up on the spot. Transactors Improv, the South's oldest active improvisational theater, has been doing*improvised musicals*since 1999 and long improv forms since 1993.

The cast for "The Scary Show" includes Joe Brack, Jill Greeson, director Greg Hohn, special guest Rachel Klem, Nancy Pekar, Steve Scott, and Steven Warnock. Mark Lewis is the musical director and accompanist and Mike Beard improvises light and sound effects.

Show times are 8 p.m., Oct. 29, and 11 p.m., Oct. 30. Tickets are $13 ($11 for ArtsCenter Friends). The ArtsCenter is located at 300-G E. Main St. in Carrboro. Call (919) 929-2787 or visit www.artscenterlive.org for tickets or directions. For more information on Transactors Improv, please call (919) 824-0937 or visit http://Transactors.org.

Zach
October 13, 2004, 11:13 AM
I'll go, Erik. Whichever show.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SCARY COMEDY

hotnoodles
October 13, 2004, 03:57 PM
I will go too.

Tried to see them once before, but I was denied.

hueypriest
October 13, 2004, 04:22 PM
I'm going on friday, but if anyone wants to go saturday, i can get you those tickets at the slightly cheaper prices as well.

Zach
October 19, 2004, 10:17 AM
NEED SATURDAY TICKETS - I am heading to Greensboro on Friday 10/29 for the Idiot Box. Franklin Street on Sunday night? Yes / No

andrewH
October 20, 2004, 04:24 PM
I am going to be attending to the Saturday night show and look forward to it mucho.

heidi
October 21, 2004, 08:34 AM
Please get ross and I tickets for Friday night! Thanks!

Zach
October 25, 2004, 11:06 PM
Boooooooo - I don't want to go on Saturday if I'm supposed to be @ the Heidi / Ross Halloween party. We should post definite attendance here so people are not waiting for others this weekend (like when Jennings was a douche and didn't go to "that" show because of "that" special girl he commutes for).

I will NOT be at these shows, but highly recommend that people go (on friday if possible, so I can see you at the White's).

Boo,
Zach

Ross White
October 26, 2004, 07:23 AM
We scheduled the costume party knowing that some people were going to Transactors Saturday, so come costume it up before the show, if you're going to the show!

hueypriest
October 26, 2004, 12:21 PM
sorry to be such a tease.
Not only am I not going to these shows, but i just got a nice letter from the Artscenter stating that if I still want to be their friend, I have to write them a check. I'm a cheap friend right now.

So, i can't help with tickets.
i suck, but you should still go to the show. i promise that the transactors will not suck.