PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody wrestle in high school?

CohenFridge
December 9, 2003, 09:23 PM
Hey All,
I wrestled in high school...I was at 119-125...now I'm about 168...and I was just wondering if any of y'all wrestled in high school. Wrestlers always share a kind of bond...thought maybe I could establish that bond with one of you guyz.

You can check out my high school wrestling team: (I'm in the alumni...says I PERFECTED the "zone diet," that's what they say about you when you lose 31 pounds in 3 months!) at this website:
www.eteamz.com/catchthefever
I'm gonna put up a head shot there soon...my little bro Jamie Cohen be tearing some stuff up...like other wrestlers...and their faces...and CHILDREN!!!!

:shock: (My eyes looking straight up at the lights),
Bryan

jesstah
December 10, 2003, 05:06 PM
I wrestled 130/135 in high school and 142 in college. After I put on a bunch of weight from working out one summer, I decided I wasn't competitive any more and stopped. I was at a college that was number one in New England division three and the folks were just too good.

So I did rugby.

I am back up to 175 and when I stopped doing Jiu Jitsu in Utah, I started back up with improv and never looked back.

-Jesster

CoreyBrown
December 10, 2003, 08:28 PM
Thats why the call improv the football of comedy.

dont ask me who calls it that because I made it up.

Zack Bly
December 12, 2003, 09:26 AM
apparently the "football of comedy" distinction is not the most uncommon metaphor for improv ever...

http://www.cracked-helmet.com/

...even if you did just make it up.

if we're playing football, i want to be defensive end.

hey, anyone fancy a DSI flag-football game? 'tis the season to mash each other into the turf...

CoreyBrown
December 12, 2003, 09:32 AM
We are working on starting up some Street Hockey. You skate at all?

Zack Bly
December 12, 2003, 09:36 AM
i do the opposite of skating. i fall down.

[edit] now if it were FIELD HOCKEY i might kick some ass.

CoreyBrown
December 12, 2003, 09:39 AM
I have cute girl hockey skirts.

EthanK
December 12, 2003, 09:50 AM
True story, I got my varsity letter in field hockey.

Jennings
December 12, 2003, 10:06 AM
I got my varsity letter in MATH. So I'd be down for some football.

Zack Bly
December 12, 2003, 01:29 PM
i got my varsity letter in geek rock. the letter was a =w=

that's the only graffiti i left at my high school, as a matter of fact. i carved the weezer "flying w" into a bathroom stall in my last month of senior year with a swiss army knife. it was liberating.

Kit's Alter Ego
December 12, 2003, 02:27 PM
I didn't get my varsity letter until college, and even then I couldn't bring it home with me.

See, down the street from Georgia Tech is The Varsity, a diner of epic proportions, and when they got rid of their old sign, their dumpster was chock-full of huge neon tubes shaped like their letters (apparently they sold their actual block letters to some other company. In any case, my dorm room boasted a three-foot-tall V for my last semester at Tech.

I had to give it away before returning to Chapel Hill because my parents even discourage my picking up a found dollar bill until I stand over it for five straight minutes, waiting to see if anyone else claims it.

--Kit

PS: The last time this happened was the last time I've laughed in my mother's face.

Peter O'Bryan
January 9, 2004, 02:56 PM
I wrestled my sophomore year in Highschool. I had been running track and cross country, but we moved from Connecticut to Illinois. There, I went to a Catholic school that had no track or cross country, so wrestling for me. I was pretty good. Not a lot of (high school) wrestlers have a runner's lower body strength, so that was my secret weapon. I left the Catholic school for the local public one, because it was much, much better academically, and had a track and cross country team. For the summer between schools I had souvenir wrestling-related skin diseases: impetigo (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=impetigo&sa=N&tab=wi) and molluscum contagiosum (http://www.uic.edu/sph/cade/bioforum/smallpox/passaro/sld030.htm). Weight group wise, I was at 145 then and I'm at 145 now. I made a brief detour some years back into the 205 weight group. It didn't suit me.

L'il G
January 9, 2004, 04:23 PM
I'd be down for both football and roller hockey.

I'll go ahead and warn ya'll, though.......I'm really good at both. So, bring it!

CohenFridge
January 9, 2004, 06:58 PM
Just Ringworm for me, Pete...gosh, those mats had a whole lot of diseases.

Bryan

PS: A friend got a fake doctor's note despite a large tumor shaped impetago spot on his head. We taped around his head and he wrestled anyway.

PPS: "It's not a tumma."

Ben Moser
January 10, 2004, 02:08 AM
DSI Football would be cool.

I wrestled my freshman year of high school. I was bad at it. Really bad. In later years, I would work out with the wrestling team until tennis season started to get myself into shape. This was back when I did things like exercise and all that crap.

DROWATZKY
January 10, 2004, 06:49 AM
As a side note to the whole sports in high school vein, if anyone ever finds OR has some sort of cool, weird THING (much like Kit's neon 'V') and can't keep it or doesn't want it . . . .

send it my way for little to nothing. That's the kind of stuff I like to fill my art room with at school. TGIFriday's feel without the smell of french fries.