PDA

View Full Version : The party you've been waiting for.

EthanK
August 30, 2004, 08:24 PM
And we're positive you've been really excited about it. Mike Bamford and myself, Ethan Kaye, are having our housewarming party for all of our DSI friends and aquaintances. This Friday, September 3 at 8 PM at our palatial estate in Durham. Bring drinks, food, whatever, just be here to party with us, crash here if necessary. The party goes until whenever. Inside Improv's closing has opened the occasional free night in all of our schedules and this weekend we're having a party. If you're new to the area or new to DSI, this should be a great way to meet people and hang out. Should be a good time.

To get to our palatial estate:

From CH: Take Rt. 40 East towards Raleigh. Get off at the Fayetteville Rd. exit (276) and make a left. Head towards Durham on Fayetteville Rd. and make a right at the light by Eckerd Drug onto Woodcroft Parkway. Go through the next light (Barbee Rd.) and our complex is on the left, the enormous multicolored buildings of South Terrace Apartments. Talk to the guard or use the call box to get in then make a left. The road curves around a little ways and our building is #1900, a big red building. Second floor, #1921.

From Raleigh: Take Rt. 40 East. Get off at exit 276, Fayetteville Rd. and make a right at the top of the ramp. You'll be on Fayetteville Rd. so follow the directions above.

Lisa P
August 30, 2004, 08:45 PM
Seriously, will Duran Duran be there, and do we get to kick their asses? If not, I vote for the donkey.

P.S. I will bring my chairs, since not many people will want to sit on the couch.

Dana S
August 31, 2004, 12:05 AM
P.S. I will bring my chairs, since not many people will want to sit on the couch.

She has a very good point.

PT
August 31, 2004, 12:25 AM
As long as Ethan and Mike promise to play that Matrix scene on thier Surround sound system, I'm there!

Kit's Alter Ego
August 31, 2004, 01:15 AM
As long as Ethan and Mike promise to play that Matrix scene on thier Surround sound system, I'm there!

The one with the gruel? I agree.

--Kit

PT
August 31, 2004, 05:17 PM
Its Labor Day Weekend?!!

L'il G
September 2, 2004, 06:15 AM
i'll be swinging by the ABC store after work on friday. requests & donations will be taken electronically until friday afternoon. drinks will flow freely & there will be PLENTY of room to sleep it off.

Requests:
1. Cris
2. Belvy
3. Couvassier
4. Grey Goose
5. Grape Kool-Aid

PT
September 2, 2004, 09:23 AM
Mike, pick me up some Mezcal Con Gusano! Monte Alban! 100% AGAVE! From Regional De Oaxacz: With AGAVE WORM!

It's bottled in Mexico, so it might be a long trip, but I know you'll love it!

EthanK
September 3, 2004, 10:01 AM
In a spur of the moment decision, Mike and I have decided to emulate Walsh and Roberts and cook breakfast for everyone who decides to crash at our place tonight. If you don't think you can drive home and want to stay the night, bring a pillow. Even if you think you can and just don't want to go home, bring a pillow. Because breakfast is on the house and it won't be some pansy-ass continental breakfast of donuts and coffee: we're talking waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs and juice. Maybe coffee if anyone brings a little, as neither Mike nor I drink it.

And if you know any DSI people who haven't heard about this event (is Jon Karpinos still in town?) let them know what's going on.

Lisa P
September 3, 2004, 10:43 AM
You guys rock.

CoreyBrown
September 3, 2004, 11:31 AM
I hate to mention that I will not be at this party.

You all enjoy yourselves.

Ben Moser
September 3, 2004, 12:32 PM
I would like to throw down a request of Makers Mark. Because if people are drinking liqor, I needs me something in the bourbon family there.

(i'm not ready to go back to gin yet....)

Lisa P
September 3, 2004, 01:01 PM
ladies & gentlemen,

you have until approx. 2pm today to inform me of any ABC type requests. i plan to spend a considerable chunk of change to furnish you all the best, yet most reasonable stuff the local ABC has to offer. feel free to byob ( i'm not planning on buying a single beer of any variety ). and as ethan said, bring yourself some pillows / blankets / sleeping bag if you'd like to crash & eat mega-breakfast in the morning. we've got two full futons, & maybe 1 unclaimed queen air mattress ( KJ & SJ claimed the one i actually have ) -- i would love for this to turn into the most ultimate DSi dance party / sleep over / mega-breakfast evarrrr.

i look foward to hosting an amazing party for all of you @ my humble abode,

____mikeAs I will no doubt be the oldest attendee by far, I call first dibbs on a futon or air matress or whatever other sort of cushioning device.

CoreyBrown
September 3, 2004, 06:46 PM
heaven

Lisa P
September 3, 2004, 07:22 PM
heavenAnd you're going to miss it. Awww. I'm leaving for heaven now.

Lisa P
September 7, 2004, 06:35 PM
I wanted to post a belated thank you to Ethan and Mike for the great party. A good time was had by all, and a good breakfast was had by some.

This (http://lisap.blogspot.com/2004/09/open-apology-to-jeff-aka-j-sizzle.html) is also way overdue.