PDA

View Full Version : Audition for CHiPs!!

Dave Siegel
August 27, 2004, 12:43 PM
CHiPs (aka The Chapel Hill Players) will be holding auditions beginning THIS Monday, August 30th.

CHiPs was founded by DSI Executive Producer Zach Ward in the early 90's and continues to perform to crowds of over 300 people.

Those who make the auditions will enroll in the CHiPs incubator program, a semester long "crash course" in the basics of scenic improvsation, directed by CHiPs' former director, Tim Matson. So basically, you get a semester of free improv classes, nothing to lose!

If you are a UNC student, please sign up in the yellow folder across from Alpine Bagel in the Student Union.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at dsiegel *at* email *dot* unc *dot* edu or at 919-308-1265.

Thanks!
Dave Siegel
Director, CHiPs

Ross White
August 27, 2004, 01:53 PM
I feel compelled to note that CHiPs alums have gone on to perform with the finest theaters in the country (Improv Olympic, Upright Citizens Brigade Theater, DSI, etc.). And a little show known as Saturday Night Live. CHiPs is the best college troupe in the country. You should audition.

I say this without ever having been a member of CHiPs and having no official ties to the group.

PT
August 27, 2004, 06:01 PM
SNL, who?! Prove it! I want a picture and name Ross!

Zach
August 28, 2004, 12:27 AM
JEFF RICHARDS - aka SNL's Drunk Sorority Girl - was a member of the elite improv force known as CHiPs 1997/1998. Audition for CHiPs if you know the kickass deal with North Carolina improv, and the reputation of improv comedy in Chapel Hill. Bam!

Love,
Zach

CHiPs JAN 1996 - MAY 2000 (officially)
DSI MARCH 2001 - present

Kit's Alter Ego
August 28, 2004, 02:44 AM
http://www.kvhs.com/alumni_files/image001.jpg
Jeff Richards.

There you go, PT. No complaining now.

--Kit